Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-16-2023, 07:39 PM   #31
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
Search "tax preparer" on Facebook and you'll get a good mix of both questionable advice and people touting their $11,000 in refunds because they make $20k and have two kids. Ps. Child support and food stamps are not taxable income. Why work or look to improve yourself if you're getting a net 31k from working(your income plus your earned income credits and child credits) plus all the child support you're able to get off the father(most states BTW make it hard to dodge the state agencies garnishing checks now!)

This was 30 years ago in SoCal but there was a bright 10 year old girl who had 3 other siblings who was a friend of my friend's daughter. The unmarried parents lived together and never worked. The daughter knew the families finances and didn't mind sharing. She asked me how much I pay for rent. I told her I owned and paid $825 a month, she said there rent was $75, section 8 of course. See also passed on the welfare and food stamp benefit numbers.
Doing some quick math and also realized they get free healthcare, knowing taxes that family was getting the equivalent of a person making $20 an hour working 40 hours a week. In that city at that time that is what a skilled tradesman would make if they worked for someone else. I was about to go on my own full time and was making $28 an hour, but I drove 90 miles round trip into the big city for it and that was top non union pay.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2023, 08:05 PM   #32
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
This was 30 years ago in SoCal but there was a bright 10 year old girl who had 3 other siblings who was a friend of my friend's daughter. The unmarried parents lived together and never worked. The daughter knew the families finances and didn't mind sharing. She asked me how much I pay for rent. I told her I owned and paid $825 a month, she said there rent was $75, section 8 of course. See also passed on the welfare and food stamp benefit numbers.
Doing some quick math and also realized they get free healthcare, knowing taxes that family was getting the equivalent of a person making $20 an hour working 40 hours a week. In that city at that time that is what a skilled tradesman would make if they worked for someone else. I was about to go on my own full time and was making $28 an hour, but I drove 90 miles round trip into the big city for it and that was top non union pay.
I totally acknowledge that there ARE indeed disadvantaged people and families, and these programs help them.

But there is also that widening hole that people can make way with working less and receiving more. And who can blame them? It's the SYSTEM that allows it. There are times where I've ran the numbers on my wife or myself staying home with our daughter so we can ditch daycare back when she was in full time daycare. It's insane.

Politicians promise and give "free" stuff--it's hard to ever take it away.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2023, 09:12 PM   #33
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I totally acknowledge that there ARE indeed disadvantaged people and families, and these programs help them.

But there is also that widening hole that people can make way with working less and receiving more. And who can blame them? It's the SYSTEM that allows it. There are times where I've ran the numbers on my wife or myself staying home with our daughter so we can ditch daycare back when she was in full time daycare. It's insane.

Politicians promise and give "free" stuff--it's hard to ever take it away.

That couple made no effort, the daughter said she doesn't remember either of them working. Their house was a pig stye in and out, it was a miracle that girl was so bright, she did not have good bloodlines. I have no problems with social programs, just people that abuse them.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:37 PM   #34
azeri98

Quote:
Almost every time a person pulls a gun or shoots someone over nothing, it is usually a black person who came from the hood. Until someone can stomp out the black gang culture there we be a lot of homicides in this country. You seem to allow yourself to ignore all the incidents or maybe you don't bother to see who the perps are. Your sources for news probably ignore all the gang related mass shootings. The black street gangs in Chicago have way lower moral standards than the Al Capone and friend types from 100 years ago.

You didn't see the old school gangsters shooting up weddings and funerals, while killing young children and grandmas. They didn't shoot people over feeling disrespected from getting a food order wrong. I am not condemning an entire race, just a culture of part of it.
I agree with most of what you said but most mass shooting as they call them are usually done by angry young white men. Blacks usually kill each other.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2023, 09:38 PM   #35
azeri98

Quote:
There needs to be a culture change with a good chunk of that group. One should not be proud of having kids by a half dozen women. It seems there is an inordinately high percentage among that group doing that.
Or women having 6 kids all by different men
Old 03-16-2023, 10:00 PM   #36
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I agree with most of what you said but most mass shooting as they call them are usually done by angry young white men. Blacks usually kill each other.
Statista says the racial makeup of mass shootings mirrors the racial breakout of the US

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

But you are right...upwards of 80% of murders in Chicago are black on black

Last edited by tbwinner; 03-16-2023 at 10:02 PM.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2023, 10:22 PM   #37
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Even if blacks are killing each other, they are still considered mass shootings.
A mass killing is 3 or more. A lot of mass killing or shooting statistics leave out the gang related ones. While the angry white men are usually the perps in the supersize mass shootings, there are enough smaller ones committed by street gangs to easily surpass those totals. Those rarely make the national news, they just end up on the local news.
Old 03-16-2023, 10:28 PM   #38
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Statista says the racial makeup of mass shootings mirrors the racial breakout of the US

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

But you are right...upwards of 80% of murders in Chicago are black on black

Since 2013, the source defines a mass shooting as any single attack in a public place with three or more fatalities, in line with the definition by the FBI.

Note it says "public place." It isn't counting the neighborhood drive bys, house parties get frequently shot up. They don't make the national news.
Black street gangs do not care about collateral damage.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:39 PM   #39
azeri98

Quote:
Even if blacks are killing each other, they are still considered mass shootings.
A mass killing is 3 or more. A lot of mass killing or shooting statistics leave out the gang related ones. While the angry white men are usually the perps in the supersize mass shootings, there are enough smaller ones committed by street gangs to easily surpass those totals. Those rarely make the national news, they just end up on the local news.
I agree but I don't think the media or people care when gangbangers are killing each other. It's more like good riddance. People and the media care when innocent lives are lost to mass shootings
Old 03-17-2023, 02:04 PM   #40
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I agree but I don't think the media or people care when gangbangers are killing each other. It's more like good riddance. People and the media care when innocent lives are lost to mass shootings

The gangbangers frequently kill innocent people, they will shoot up a whole funeral to get one person, same with parties.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:45 PM   #41
azeri98

Quote:
The gangbangers frequently kill innocent people, they will shoot up a whole funeral to get one person, same with parties.
I wouldn't say frequently but it does happen. If you're at the funeral or party of a gangbanger chances are you probably are one. No one cares. It's not like people who are out shopping for groceries or at a club or movie for a night out
Old 03-17-2023, 11:39 PM   #42
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Their parents. Or, in most cases, parent singular.
So why doesn't msm declare this to be truth? They only demonize Trump and DeSantis as stepping on their necks and oppressing them

And many folks of color nod their heads in the affirmative and continue to toil in poverty. If they'd listen to Trump or DeSantis... that's step 1 towards getting out of poverty
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2023, 03:30 PM   #43
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
A city struggling to make ends meet comes up with this?

A great way to bankrupt a city

https://apnews.com/article/san-franc...8ce0e444f86189
This is all just a ploy to guarantee winning the black voters.
African Americans in California will get their $5,000,000 each right after they get their 40 acres and a mule.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:37 PM   #44
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Except, WHERE do these freaking racist morons think that money will come?

To be a liberal is to be an ifdiot.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:04 PM   #45
davew

cool, black people of the world will descend on San Francisco for FREE money
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: