Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-12-2023, 10:53 PM   #61
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Anheuser Bush is the titan of beer distributors. They have dozens upon dozens of labels in their stable. Additionally, if you perceive a problem with one of their products they will come pick it up… at no charge. They are great operators.

I doubt they are giving this more than a shrug.
Well since their stock was downgraded recently at HSBC to a "hold" and their CEO is now out speaking about it, yeah, that seems like barely a "shrug".
Budlight alone in a recent report is down over 20% for April while a competing brand is UP 20%. Hmm seems like a nice coincidence to me!
And its being reported that the loss in Bud Light is impacting Anheiser Busch global sales by nearly 1%. Thats HUGE in that aspect.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2023, 12:20 AM   #62
TJDave

They could pour all the Bud Light down the toilet and still make a profit.
Old 05-13-2023, 12:46 AM   #63
Inner Dirt

Quote:
They could pour all the Bud Light down the toilet and still make a profit.

Why do you keep minimizing their gaffe and the fall out?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2023, 10:09 AM   #64
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Why do you keep minimizing their gaffe and the fall out?
And here is the NOT so funny part of it all inner.....
While Dave minimizes it, I can't recall such a blunder with a major campaign from a major company. But even more than that, let's assume for a moment that Bud light doesn't rebound from their current MASSIVE drop in sales.....
How many workers lose their jobs due to that lack in sales????
I know if our business saw a 20% decline, people WOULD lose jobs! (And I'm not referring to just the campaign manager).
But its just a "shrug"......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 05-13-2023, 10:34 AM   #65
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Guys. He supports BIDEN over Trump.....denying reality is not enough, he has to rewrite it!
Old 05-13-2023, 12:19 PM   #66
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
While Dave minimizes it, I can't recall such a blunder with a major campaign from a major company. But even more than that, let's assume for a moment that Bud light doesn't rebound from their current MASSIVE drop in sales.....
I know if our business saw a 20% decline, people WOULD lose jobs! (And I'm not referring to just the campaign manager).

If I was a Bud Light drinker I would have been boycotting a product over politics for the first time in my life. People are getting sick and tired of perverted life styles shoved in our faces and normalized. Dylan Mulvaney is a self centered drama queen that wants to shove his beliefs down our throats.
That is typical of males who pretend to be women. I have yet to see one interviewed who wasn't an a-hole.

Not sure where but an article posted on supreme left leaning MSN told of a High School that elected a male for prom queen and a female for prom king.
They both were cross dressed. You tell me how this could have happened?
All those kids had to be indoctrinated and brain washed.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:59 PM   #67
TJDave

Quote:
Dude, you act as though Bud Light is a stand alone product. It is not. It is one of dozens of products.

I looked it up. Anheuser-Bush owns over 100 labels.

The Company's brand portfolio includes global brands, such as Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; international brands, including Beck's, Leffe and Hoegaarden, and local champions, such as Bud Light, Skol, Brahma, Antarctica, Quilmes, Victoria, Modelo Especial, Michelob Ultra, Harbin, Sedrin, Klinskoye, Sibirskaya ...
Old 05-13-2023, 10:14 PM   #68
newtothegame

Quote:
Dude, you act as though Bud Light is a stand alone product. It is not. It is one of dozens of products.

I looked it up. Anheuser-Bush owns over 100 labels.

The Company's brand portfolio includes global brands, such as Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; international brands, including Beck's, Leffe and Hoegaarden, and local champions, such as Bud Light, Skol, Brahma, Antarctica, Quilmes, Victoria, Modelo Especial, Michelob Ultra, Harbin, Sedrin, Klinskoye, Sibirskaya ...
Never once said its a stand alone product. But you can keep telling yourself its a nothing burger.
"Parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) sold $71.5 million worth of Bud Light in the week ending April 29, a 23% drop compared to a year ago, according to data from Bump Williams Consulting. Budweiser sales totaled $31.5 million that same week, down roughly 11%, the firm said. Sales of other Anheuser-Busch brands — including Michelob Ultra, Busch Light and Natural Light — have also taken a hit."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bud-lig...r-busch-sales/

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think AB is going out of business or going anywhere. But I've been in business long enough to understand the ramifications of those numbers (were they to continue for any period of time).

But we all get it.... if it doesn't affect DAVE, it's a fuck everyone else world!
You have said that multiple times. But here's a clue...... when a business takes a hit, people take a hit. Either directly, or indirectly, pain is felt somewhere.
So to minimize it as merely a "shrug", well it speaks volumes about your thoughts on fellow Americans!
governed.

Last edited by newtothegame; 05-13-2023 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2023, 12:05 AM   #69
ElKabong

Quote:
Never once said its a stand alone product. But you can keep telling yourself its a nothing burger.
"Parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) sold $71.5 million worth of Bud Light in the week ending April 29, a 23% drop compared to a year ago, according to data from Bump Williams Consulting. Budweiser sales totaled $31.5 million that same week, down roughly 11%, the firm said. Sales of other Anheuser-Busch brands — including Michelob Ultra, Busch Light and Natural Light — have also taken a hit."

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think AB is going out of business or going anywhere. But I've been in business long enough to understand the ramifications of those numbers (were they to continue for any period of time).

But we all get it.... if it doesn't affect DAVE, it's a fuck everyone else world!
You have said that multiple times. But here's a clue...... when a business takes a hit, people take a hit. Either directly, or indirectly, pain is felt somewhere.
So to minimize it as merely a "shrug", well it speaks volumes about your thoughts on fellow Americans!
Well said NTG
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2023, 01:12 AM   #70
Inner Dirt

I think what AB did was up there with all time marketing gaffes. Most screw ups were meddling with a product that customers were happy with like coming up with new coke. Beer is seen as a blue collar male drink, using a effeminate homosexual male to market that product has to be 10 kinds of stupid. It is as bad if a Snap-on tool salesman started handing out calendars
where the bikini clad models had bulges in their bikini bottoms.
Old 05-14-2023, 01:50 AM   #71
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Rip Wheeler no less

Old 05-14-2023, 11:15 PM   #72
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Went to my friends bar today. He has 8 tappers. EVERY BEER is an Anheuser Bush product. From 805 to Goose IPA to Stella Budweiser is killing it.

And most of his customers have no clue.
I stopped at a conv store tonight to buy my kitchen crew a case of beer.

I went into the “Beer Cave” and noticed all the Bud stuff was plentiful while everything else was down to the last few choices. After all it’s Sunday night at 7p.

I asked the kid working about it

Old 05-15-2023, 07:48 AM   #73
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

The guy at my local drive-thru says the same thing: comments are , sales are way

rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2023, 12:11 AM   #74
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Still not losing steam...

Old 05-17-2023, 12:40 AM   #75
fast4522

Quote:

Men of transition are very different than women of transition aren't they?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply