Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-15-2024, 09:51 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

NPR new CEO...full of lulz

Old 04-15-2024, 11:27 AM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

New
Pravda
Radio
Old 04-15-2024, 11:49 AM   #3
Inner Dirt

Since I am an 80 mile drive from DC, NPR stations stink up my radio dial when driving. I need to get satellite radio in my SUV. I think there are 10 lefty stations that routinely come in and only one right wing one. How do someone's ancestors being enslaved back in 1865 and before give them a right to loot in 2020? The insanity of liberal thought knows no bounds.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 12:13 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

On a clear day, you can actually smell NPR in the air.
Much like living downwind of a goat farm ,but more intense.
Old 04-15-2024, 12:13 PM   #5
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Since I am an 80 mile drive from DC, NPR stations stink up my radio dial when driving. I need to get satellite radio in my SUV. I think there are 10 lefty stations that routinely come in and only one right wing one. How do someone's ancestors being enslaved back in 1865 and before give them a right to loot in 2020? The insanity of liberal thought knows no bounds.
they don't have stations with music near DC, just talk radio?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 12:52 PM   #6
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I looked her up. She got her BS in Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 02:26 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
they don't have stations with music near DC, just talk radio?

For some odd reason even FM music stations have weak signals and don't stay tuned in very long. The reception can vary from day to day at the exact same time and spot, makes no damn sense. I think the damn NPR stations have stronger signals than the music ones and most are on FM. Usually in most places I travel I can get a sports talk station or one that Rush Limbaugh used to be on for politics. another weird thing is stations are constantly going out of business or changing format. The station that covers Nascar seems to change every season. When I was in Cali Nascar was on the same station the whole 50 years I lived there.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:47 PM   #8
TJDave

I quit supporting public radio when they started accepting advertisements.

Every year I promise to send them a generous donation if they’ll quit accepting corporate sponsorship. So far no takers.

Now they want you to pay for an online subscription. F that. Public should be for ALL the public not just those who can afford it.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

Cis white mobility privilege? Do they make up new shit by the day? Looks like her dumb ass coined a new phrase as Googling that only leads to her.
Old 04-16-2024, 12:37 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

A very good piece from ex-CEO of NPR:

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-h...americas-trust

Quote:
Like many unfortunate things, the rise of advocacy took off with Donald Trump. As in many newsrooms, his election in 2016 was greeted at NPR with a mixture of disbelief, anger, and despair. (Just to note, I eagerly voted against Trump twice but felt we were obliged to cover him fairly.) But what began as tough, straightforward coverage of a belligerent, truth-impaired president veered toward efforts to damage or topple Trump’s presidency.

Persistent rumors that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia over the election became the catnip that drove reporting. At NPR, we hitched our wagon to Trump’s most visible antagonist, Representative Adam Schiff.

Schiff, who was the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, became NPR’s guiding hand, its ever-present muse. By my count, NPR hosts interviewed Schiff 25 times about Trump and Russia. During many of those conversations, Schiff alluded to purported evidence of collusion. The Schiff talking points became the drumbeat of NPR news reports.

But when the Mueller report found no credible evidence of collusion, NPR’s coverage was notably sparse. Russiagate quietly faded from our programming.

It is one thing to swing and miss on a major story. Unfortunately, it happens. You follow the wrong leads, you get misled by sources you trusted, you’re emotionally invested in a narrative, and bits of circumstantial evidence never add up. It’s bad to blow a big story.

What’s worse is to pretend it never happened, to move on with no mea culpas, no self-reflection. Especially when you expect high standards of transparency from public figures and institutions, but don’t practice those standards yourself. That’s what shatters trust and engenders cynicism about the media.
Old 04-16-2024, 01:12 PM   #11
Inner Dirt

Quote:

You know the stereotype of the NPR listener: an EV-driving, Wordle-playing, tote bag–carrying coastal elite.

We were nerdy, but not knee-jerk, activist, or scolding.

That describes a progressive liberal ex girlfriend to a tee.

When I would make comments that her views did not align with she would scold me like I was a 3 year old. When I would speak the truth if it did not fit the liberal narratives she believes she would imply I was lying. When I once referred to a dude in a dress on TV as what he was, a dude in a dress, she got up in my face and started yelling at me. If she was a man she would have been angry enough to hit me.

The strange thing she did not used to act like that, she just started drifting more and more to the left. An example of implying I lie, I told her I found it shocking as a self described feminist she was ok with trans women taking opportunities from biological women and even injuring them in sporting events. Her reply, "no they aren't."That was even more strange as they were calling Amy Schneider, the dude in the dress the all time Jeopardy female champion.

I kind of equate a pro trans feminist to a homosexual yelling "Free, free, Palestine." Tell me how that makes any damn sense, the modern progressive liberal has some real baffling thoughts.

Another baffler, they hate Christians that call homosexuality a sin, but defend Muslims that want to throw them off roofs.WTF?
Old 04-16-2024, 01:48 PM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump needs to make sure we stop ALL funding of the nazi news network run by hamasholes,
Old 04-16-2024, 02:58 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

My bad...he's NOT the ex-CEO...he's a Senior Editor CURRENTLY at NPR...but not for much longer

They suspended him today, or so I am hearing
Old 04-16-2024, 03:14 PM   #14
Inner Dirt

Quote:
My bad...he's NOT the ex-CEO...he's a Senior Editor CURRENTLY at NPR...but not for much longer

. I did catch the current employee part when reading what he wrote, I was figuring he was about -5000 to get fired after writing that. Screw NPR and good for him to go out in a blaze of glory. He did not burn that bridge, he dropped a nuclear bomb on it. I am sure they will be looking to smear his ass any chance they get.
Old 04-16-2024, 04:05 PM   #15
tucker6

Quote:

They suspended him last Friday for 5 days. So he'll be back on the job tomorrow. Good luck to him. Don't drop the soap.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply