Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-22-2023, 02:50 PM   #61
BELMONT 6-6-09

Gentlemen,

I rarely post on the off topic, however, i do read them on a daily basis. It is my opinion that liberalism is a 'mental disease' simply because a person of sound thinking cannot possibly defend the actions of the far left that has put this country in such a terrible situation. I do commend all of you people out their that are battling these far left loons on a daily basis, though i do think it is a futile exercise for the reason mentioned earlier.

I will not get into any pissing matches with these people as it never goes anywhere. GOD BLESS AMERICA, and i am very proud to say that!!!
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2023, 03:30 PM   #62
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

Greenies constantly spread misinformation or flat out lie, you did it yourself when you claimed charging an electric car did not impact the grid as much as the electric companies implied. I argued with facts based on my knowledge of electricity and consumption data reading product specification, you just talked out your ass.

I have no problem with people who disagree with me as long as they argue with facts, not fiction and insults.

How many people do you insult in a day? Someone who insults someone sharing a story of dealing with debilitating pain deserves the opportunity to insult that person to their face, the fact you would side with a person that did that speaks volumes.
I argue nothing but facts. You are the one who argues from deep within fantasyland. Your electric car argument ignores the energy it takes to refine and process that gallon of gas.

This varies by model, but in general, it takes 27Kwh to charge a car to go 100 miles.
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...charging-costs

It costs 12 KWh to refine a gallon of gasoline.

https://www.cleanmpg.com/community/i...?threads/2795/

I think it is reasonable to say a car typically gets 25 MPG-maybe less. So, four gallons to drive 100 miles. 4x 12 equals 48 kilowatt hours. You can travel the same distance for 56% of the energy consumption. And you don’t have to pay $4 a gallon for gas. And you are not polluting the planet.
Old 05-22-2023, 03:45 PM   #63
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMONT 6-6-09 View Post
Gentlemen,

I rarely post on the off topic, however, i do read them on a daily basis. It is my opinion that liberalism is a 'mental disease' simply because a person of sound thinking cannot possibly defend the actions of the far left that has put this country in such a terrible situation. I do commend all of you people out their that are battling these far left loons on a daily basis, though i do think it is a futile exercise for the reason mentioned earlier.

I will not get into any pissing matches with these people as it never goes anywhere. GOD BLESS AMERICA, and i am very proud to say that!!!
As soon as I read, “liberalism is a mental disease” I knew you were a fool. Liberalism is rational, and fact based. Liberalism tells us you build a society from the bottom up. Not the top down. It tells us without the worker and the consumer we have nothing. It says trickle down is a myth, the free market is a sham, and unfettered capitalism is as bad as communism

Liberalism wants to expand the right to vote, not limit it. Liberalism wants workers to control their destiny, not have it dictated by some overpaid executives. Liberalism thinks a woman should make decisions regarding her own body, not some preacher in Butcher holler . Liberalism thinks the right to stay alive supersedes the right to carry a gun. Liberalism thinks the right to marry the person you love regardless of gender is more important than some book written 2,000 years ago by some overachieving shepherds.

Liberals think Conservatives are mentally ill. Particularly today’s version.
Old 05-22-2023, 03:59 PM   #64
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I argue nothing but facts. You are the one who argues from deep within fantasyland. Your electric car argument ignores the energy it takes to refine and process that gallon of gas.

This varies by model, but in general, it takes 27Kwh to charge a car to go 100 miles.
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...charging-costs

It costs 12 KWh to refine a gallon of gasoline.

https://www.cleanmpg.com/community/i...?threads/2795/

I think it is reasonable to say a car typically gets 25 MPG-maybe less. So, four gallons to drive 100 miles. 4x 12 equals 48 kilowatt hours. You can travel the same distance for 56% of the energy consumption. And you don’t have to pay $4 a gallon for gas. And you are not polluting the planet.

It could not possibly take 12 KWH to refine a gallon of gas. In a lot of areas high end users pay more per per KWH, you definitely do in California. the average cost per KWH nationally is 17 cents, the California average is 30 cents. Do the math, the cost of electricity alone would exceed the pump price when Covid lock downs had gas at $2 a gallon.

Another thing you are unaware of is a gasoline refinery does not run off the same power as the residential grid, so lowering the consumption at a refinery would have no effect on the supply grid in a residential area.
Refineries have their own substations with 3 phase power, they don't run off of single phase residential current.

The bolded is obvious BS, thanks for proving my point that all greenies lie.
I can't believe you plucked that off a message board and posted it as fact.

I have nothing against green items, I just don't like the lying that is behind promoting them.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2023, 05:39 PM   #65
RayT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

It could not possibly take 12 KWH to refine a gallon of gas. In a lot of areas high end users pay more per per KWH, you definitely do in California. the average cost per KWH nationally is 17 cents, the California average is 30 cents. Do the math, the cost of electricity alone would exceed the pump price when Covid lock downs had gas at $2 a gallon.

Another thing you are unaware of is a gasoline refinery does not run off the same power as the residential grid, so lowering the consumption at a refinery would have no effect on the supply grid in a residential area.
Refineries have their own substations with 3 phase power, they don't run off of single phase residential current.

The bolded is obvious BS, thanks for proving my point that all greenies lie.
I can't believe you plucked that off a message board and posted it as fact.

I have nothing against green items, I just don't like the lying that is behind promoting them.
Average is 5-6 depending on efficiency of refineries and type of crude.. This 12 KWH could be true for absolute outliers. Cherry picked data designed to outrage and get clicks. ALL MEDIA nowadays is like Supermarket Tabloids of yesteryear.
RayT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2023, 06:06 PM   #66
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayT View Post
Average is 5-6 depending on efficiency of refineries and type of crude.. This 12 KWH could be true for absolute outliers. Cherry picked data designed to outrage and get clicks. ALL MEDIA nowadays is like Supermarket Tabloids of yesteryear.

I definitely agree on that for the most part, there are a few exceptions to the rule like Court TV. Odd that I have never heard oil companies complain about electric costs driving up prices in places like California. When I was there the top tier rate in summer was close to 40 cents per KWH. I think the low rate anywhere now is around 8 cents.

Motor efficiency has improved quite a bit over the last half century.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 05-22-2023 at 06:07 PM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply