Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-20-2023, 12:37 PM   #16
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
All you have is insults and parroting Democrat propaganda. As I have pointed out on many occasions you parrot false information, because you are not smart enough to realize it is false. I argue with facts, and hard numbers, every time I call out your lies you run away and hide. You seem to like to pass on comments made by people talking on subjects they know nothing about, just because they are Democrats so you blindly trust them.

What subjects do you consider yourself knowledgeable in? I honestly haven't seen any.
If you don’t want me to call you stupid, stop being stupid. Everything you accuse me of, you do yourself. Constantly parroting things you hear on Fox or right wing blogs. You choose not to believe the CDC ON Covid. Not to believe The Bureau of Labor Statistics on job creation, inflation and salaries. Not to believe the DOJ on election fraud.

I never run away and hide from you. But, after awhile I realize how stubborn and ignorant you are. I realize that even though I am 100% right, you are not intellectually capable of understanding.

And yes, that is an insult. A well deserved insult.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:02 PM   #17
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
ZeroHedge | Thursday, Oct 13, 2022 - 05:38 AM
US Core CPI Surges To 40 Year Highs; Food & Shelter Costs Soar:
https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-f...-40-year-highs

Quote:
Core CPI is up 28 straight months, soaring to +6.6% YoY - the highest since August 1982...

Mostpost is right.

Inflation isn't at record highs.

It's only surged to the highest level seen in 41 years.

And it only rose for 32 straight months...

ZeroHedge | Tuesday, Feb 14, 2023 - 07:15 AM
Core CPI Rises 32nd Straight Month, Headline Inflation Hotter Than Expected YoY Driven By Lagging Shelter:
https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-f...ted-yoy-driven

Of course, if left unchecked by the Fed - inflation could easily reach record highs.

And if not?

Hard landing.

Either way, none of us are better off.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 03-20-2023 at 01:13 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2023, 01:20 PM   #18
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post

Mostpost is right.

Core CPI Rises 32nd Straight Month, Headline Inflation Hotter Than Expected YoY Driven By Lagging Shelter:

Of course, if left unchecked by the Fed - inflation could easily reach record highs.

And if not?

Hard landing.

-jp

Don't be so pessimistic. Mosty will coherently explain to us how this 41-year high inflation is is great for our economy -- and he'll make us all feel better.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:22 PM   #19
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
If you don’t want me to call you stupid, stop being stupid. Everything you accuse me of, you do yourself. Constantly parroting things you hear on Fox or right wing blogs. You choose not to believe the CDC ON Covid. Not to believe The Bureau of Labor Statistics on job creation, inflation and salaries. Not to believe the DOJ on election fraud.

I never run away and hide from you. But, after awhile I realize how stubborn and ignorant you are. I realize that even though I am 100% right, you are not intellectually capable of understanding.

Mostpost, I've come to believe you are right. Please go and get another COVID booster as soon as possible, perhaps two. There is another variant on the way.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2023, 02:27 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I do not parrot anything, if I agree with a Fox News position it is because I agreed with it before they even stated it. I have repeatedly said I do not like Trump, but I find him better than any current Democrat. So when you call my responses MAGA talking points it shows how little you pay attention. I do not believe Biden stole the election and I am pro choice.

A good example recently where you ran and hid is when I called you out about lying or parroting greenie democrat talking points over the burden electric vehicles put on the power grid. You were 100% wrong and I asked you to fact check what I posted. It never happened.

You also have a habit of parroting Democrat politicians blaming Republicans when your guy is talking out his ass, example Mayor Pete blaming the East Palestine train wreck on a regulation on ECP brakes. That was wrong and neither you or Pete has a clue how train brakes work. To me Mayor Pete is an educated idiot, not much of what he learned is useful in everyday life.

Next time you claim to be 100% right, post that claim for all to see. I only engage people in arguments where my personal experience and knowledge
allow myself a highly educated opinion or knowledge of facts.

I asked you to list subjects where you believe you have a high level of knowledge and you did not. I will go first then.

Electrical, I know most everything until you get down to circuit board level, at that point I am lost and defer to the experts. Fortunately for me when I have a board failure on my CNC machines, there are experts 60 miles away and I know enough to isolate a bad board. I could easily wire any house or business from scratch, not physically as I am getting old & decrepit.

I am knowledgeable about all construction trades except masonry, that is where I pay an expert, I have no concrete finishing skills, I tried and failed.

Mechanical engineering, I am A+, all a DIY education, I sold my own products which required both mechanical and electrical engineering, killed off by the 2008 recession.

What skills do you have Cliffy?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2023, 04:53 PM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Boy, mostie, that is a lot of lipstick!

Last edited by Tom; 03-20-2023 at 04:55 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2023, 06:46 PM   #22
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post

Mostpost is right.

And if not?

Hard landing.

-jp

https://www.usinflationcalculator.co...flation-rates/

32 months takes us back to July of 2020. According to the table at the above link the core inflation rate dropped from the previous month or stayed the same 17 times.

Maybe you should define what you mean by “Rose”. If you mean prices have risen to some degree, perhaps you are correct. But a one or two percent increase is not a bad thing. It indicates a strong economy.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:05 PM   #23
mostpost

Quote:
I do not parrot anything, if I agree with a Fox News position it is because I agreed with it before they even stated it. I have repeatedly said I do not like Trump, but I find him better than any current Democrat. So when you call my responses MAGA talking points it shows how little you pay attention. I do not believe Biden stole the election and I am pro choice.

A good example recently where you ran and hid is when I called you out about lying or parroting greenie democrat talking points over the burden electric vehicles put on the power grid. You were 100% wrong and I asked you to fact check what I posted. It never happened.
I have no clue what you are talking about. Burden in what way? That we won’t be able to produce enough energy? Then we need to increase the supply of Green energy. That the energy we produce to run the charging stations is dirty? Then we need to transition from coal and oil to wind, solar and natural gas.
I don’t always see your posts. And I don’t intend to waste my time looking for something you posted days ago in a thread I haven’t looked at. If you want me to respond, you need to tell me what thread.

You also have a habit of parroting Democrat politicians blaming Republicans when your guy is talking out his ass, example Mayor Pete blaming the East Palestine train wreck on a regulation on ECP brakes. That was wrong and neither you or Pete has a clue how train brakes work. To me Mayor Pete is an educated idiot, not much of what he learned is useful in everyday life.
Why should I know how train brakes work? All I need to know is experts tell me ECP brakes are safer than regular brakes. Nd, if ECP brakes wouldn’t have prevented the accident they would have at least less Ed it’s impact.

Next time you claim to be 100% right, post that claim for all to see. I only engage people in arguments where my personal experience and knowledge
allow myself a highly educated opinion or knowledge of facts.

I asked you to list subjects where you believe you have a high level of knowledge and you did not. I will go first then.

Electrical, I know most everything until you get down to circuit board level, at that point I am lost and defer to the experts. Fortunately for me when I have a board failure on my CNC machines, there are experts 60 miles away and I know enough to isolate a bad board. I could easily wire any house or business from scratch, not physically as I am getting old & decrepit.

I am knowledgeable about all construction trades except masonry, that is where I pay an expert, I have no concrete finishing skills, I tried and failed.

Mechanical engineering, I am A+, all a DIY education, I sold my own products which required both mechanical and electrical engineering, killed off by the 2008 recession.

What skills do you have Cliffy?
I know nothing about any of those trades you mentioned and I don’t pretend to. If my faucet springs a leak I call the super. Same thing if I need a outlet changed. If he can’t do it, he calls an expert.

What I can do is research things, using original sources. Like I did when Jeff P and Tyler Durden tried to tell me Core Inflation had risen 32 consecutive months. That was patently false.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:24 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I know nothing about any of those trades you mentioned and I don’t pretend to. If my faucet springs a leak I call the super. Same thing if I need a outlet changed. If he can’t do it, he calls an expert.

What I can do is research things, using original sources. Like I did when Jeff P and Tyler Durden tried to tell me Core Inflation had risen 32 consecutive months. That was patently false.

I know that you know nothing about those trades, but that did not stop you from parroting green energy talking points about the impact on the grid from charging electric vehicles, or did you forget what you claimed?
Old 03-20-2023, 09:45 PM   #25
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Don't be so pessimistic. Mosty will coherently explain to us how this 41-year high inflation is is great for our economy -- and he'll make us all feel better.
It's great for our economy compared to where we
would be under a GOP regime - in particular Trump's.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2023, 01:49 AM   #26
mostpost

Quote:
I know that you know nothing about those trades, but that did not stop you from parroting green energy talking points about the impact on the grid from charging electric vehicles, or did you forget what you claimed?
Not sure what you mean by impact the grid. That we won’t be able to produce enough electricity to meet our needs and charge our EVs ? In the first place we aren’t going to suddenly start charging 50,000,000 cars a day. We have time to upgrade the grid. Of course you guys never want to pay for anything.

Even now, if you own an EV, you’re most likely to charge it at night when consumption is low, because you are probably using the car 🚘 during the day.

I don’t know the specifics of how this all works, but experts say it’s considerably cheaper than gasoline. Maybe one half to one third as much. I’ve also read that at rapid charge, you can charge a car in as little as one hour.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:59 AM   #27
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
After whining for years about the Open Border, the Republican budget defunds 2,000 border agents. AMAZING
Old 03-21-2023, 05:43 AM   #28
davew

Quote:
After whining for years about the Open Border, the Republican budget defunds 2,000 border agents. AMAZING
another fake news post from MSNBC?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2023, 08:27 AM   #29
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by impact the grid. That we won’t be able to produce enough electricity to meet our needs and charge our EVs ? In the first place we aren’t going to suddenly start charging 50,000,000 cars a day. We have time to upgrade the grid. Of course you guys never want to pay for anything.

Even now, if you own an EV, you’re most likely to charge it at night when consumption is low, because you are probably using the car 🚘 during the day.

I don’t know the specifics of how this all works, but experts say it’s considerably cheaper than gasoline. Maybe one half to one third as much. I’ve also read that at rapid charge, you can charge a car in as little as one hour.

I am sure there is no way in hell you don't come back to threads where you parroted nonsense. You made a statement that charging EVs does not impact the grid like running air conditioners. I believe this was in response to someone asking how the grid in places like California is going to support increases in electric cars when hot summers cause rolling brown outs. Your statement like many made by the pro green crowd is false.

On scale the draw of a charger is similar to an AC unit. A slow charger pulls current similar to a higher end window AC unit or two smaller ones that can cool a modest sized apartment. The fast chargers pull up to the same juice as an AC unit that can cool a 2,000 sq ft house.

I am not against all things green, just the lying that goes on promoting them.

I wish I could live long enough to watch California implode from their policies of eliminating natural gas. I wonder how many politicians will step forward and admit they are wrong when the damage is done? It seems to me not a damn one of them understands that heating things with electricity consumes a lot of power. If you turn on my oven and all the counter top burners, which isn't uncommon, the thing consumes more than my heat pump used for air conditioning. When the 36 gallon water heater cycles on it uses 85% of what the AC/Heat pump uses.

The technical advances in green energy creation and energy efficiency in electrical products have been made, but it is a long slow road.

If I read some write up on a new technological break through on green energy or a green product that isn't full of misleading statements or not telling the whole story I will die of shock.

The lying goes all the way to the top, more than once has Joe Biden said
"cheap green energy." The only cheap green energy at the moment is hydro.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:42 AM   #30
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
It's great for our economy compared to where we
would be under a GOP regime - in particular Trump's.
EXACTLY, another term and those greedy corporations will be doubling prices every year like in Argentina. The economy is the best EVER if you live on government free stuff.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply