Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-16-2023, 01:05 PM   #16
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I need to move to San Fran, me.
Get some of that money
Old 03-16-2023, 01:23 PM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
The NBA thing happened once, in 2009. It’s bad, but no excuse to condemn an entire race of people. That would be like me calling all machine shop operators racist, fascists.

Almost every time a person pulls a gun or shoots someone over nothing, it is usually a black person who came from the hood. Until someone can stomp out the black gang culture there we be a lot of homicides in this country. You seem to allow yourself to ignore all the incidents or maybe you don't bother to see who the perps are. Your sources for news probably ignore all the gang related mass shootings. The black street gangs in Chicago have way lower moral standards than the Al Capone and friend types from 100 years ago.

You didn't see the old school gangsters shooting up weddings and funerals, while killing young children and grandmas. They didn't shoot people over feeling disrespected from getting a food order wrong. I am not condemning an entire race, just a culture of part of it.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2023, 01:44 PM   #18
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
We should supplement funding for HBCU’s. We should establish need based scholarships for qualified black students at all schools.

All this needs to be ona national basis paid for locally, statewide and nationally.

!

This already exists. It's called a Pell Grant.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2023, 01:58 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
This already exists. It's called a Pell Grant.

I am sure he wants grants available to black people only.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:24 PM   #20
ElKabong

Education, by and large, is the ticket out of poverty. Desegregation happened 3 generations ago yet little has changed according to the race peddlers

After seeing this all play out, I say 'screw you, you had an equal shot. You went to the same schools as myself and many of my black classmates became a part of the middle and upper middle class. For all who didn't, you have no one to blame but yourself '.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2023, 04:36 PM   #21
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Education, by and large, is the ticket out of poverty. Desegregation happened 3 generations ago yet little has changed according to the race peddlers

After seeing this all play out, I say 'screw you, you had an equal shot. You went to the same schools as myself and many of my black classmates became a part of the middle and upper middle class. For all who didn't, you have no one to blame but yourself '.

You can blame the lefty media for the race peddlers selling their bull shit everywhere and having a broad voice. The ones calling for personal responsibility and controlling ones own fate get little air time. Using the white oppressor as an excuse helps no one.

Dr. King would get little to no air time today.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:39 PM   #22
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

You also need responsible parentage…adult supervision. It takes an exceptional child to go it alone. Most Blacks lack that experience.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:41 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
You also need responsible parentage…adult supervision. It takes an exceptional child to go it alone. Most Blacks lack that experience.

Whose fault is that?
Old 03-16-2023, 04:44 PM   #24
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Whose fault is that?
Their parents. Or, in most cases, parent singular.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:22 PM   #25
xtb

Having an 83 billion dollar organization in "Black Lives Matter" calling for the "disruption of the nuclear family" does not help matters.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2023, 05:33 PM   #26
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Whose fault is that?
Quote:
Their parents. Or, in most cases, parent singular.

There needs to be a culture change with a good chunk of that group. One should not be proud of having kids by a half dozen women. It seems there is an inordinately high percentage among that group doing that.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:59 PM   #27
tbwinner

Quote:
I am sure he wants grants available to black people only.
In that case, in addition to Pell grants, there are plenty of scholarships available to minority groups both need based and merit based.

And further I'll say this

One, not everyone needs to go to college. Any race. There are ton of great apprenticeships and trade schools. Hell, learn to drive a semi and you can clear 100k within a few years if you stay out of trouble. Electric linemen, plumbers, mechanic, the list goes on....

Two, college is NOT as expensive as some people make it out to be. You DO NOT have to go to a ivy league or even out of state school to get a good education. You care about the name on your diploma? Then do your masters elsewhere after getting your bachelor's from an instate edu. Hell take it even further and do your first two years at community college.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:02 PM   #28
tbwinner

Quote:
There needs to be a culture change with a good chunk of that group. One should not be proud of having kids by a half dozen women. It seems there is an inordinately high percentage among that group doing that.
Search "tax preparer" on Facebook and you'll get a good mix of both questionable advice and people touting their $11,000 in refunds because they make $20k and have two kids. Ps. Child support and food stamps are not taxable income. Why work or look to improve yourself if you're getting a net 31k from working(your income plus your earned income credits and child credits) plus all the child support you're able to get off the father(most states BTW make it hard to dodge the state agencies garnishing checks now!)
Old 03-16-2023, 06:32 PM   #29
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
5 million dollars???

Just think what that’s gonna do for the price of street drugs.
Overdose deaths will be off the chart
If they requested something reasonable, 5 or 10 thousand perhaps, they might at least have a slim chance at consideration. Being outright ridiculous with greed should take everything off the table. Don't like that...we'll give you a first class one-way ticket to another country. Promise in writing you'll never return.
SHUT-UP OR GET OUT!!

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 03-16-2023 at 06:33 PM.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2023, 07:23 PM   #30
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post

One, not everyone needs to go to college. Any race. There are ton of great apprenticeships and trade schools. Hell, learn to drive a semi and you can clear 100k within a few years if you stay out of trouble. Electric linemen, plumbers, mechanic, the list goes on....

They need to bring back shop classes in schools. Some High Schools don't even have auto shop anymore. I graduated in 1978, we had some year round shop classes and some that rotated every quarter. There was one that had electronics, graphic arts, wood shop, and metal shop. If they had such a thing now a kid on his way to trouble might find a trade he has a knack for.

I don't think the apprenticeship programs provide the opportunity they once did, I know in machining they don't. The reason there is they are almost non existent compared to decades ago, due to technological advancements.

There are not as many positions open for the highly skilled compared to low skilled. Even 30 years ago when I went on my own there were places that will not train people.

High Schools definitely aren't teaching children very well on how to be self sufficient adults. I thought it was bad 30 years ago when I struck out on my own, when your average HS kid could not do what I would call 5th grade math. I last had employees 6 years ago and it was just part timers. I had a pair of 22 year olds, that did not know how to grocery shop, or balance a checking account.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: