Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-15-2023, 01:33 PM   #1
Andy Asaro

Get it yet? Dems/Newsome are the party of the priviledged elite

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 03-15-2023 at 01:35 PM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 01:50 PM   #2
Andy Asaro

Go ahead and combine with the other bank thread.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 02:08 PM   #3
mostpost

Try to get something right for a change. There is no bailout of SVB. Depositors are being made whole. If Newsom has an account or accounts at the bank, why should he not be included.

Newsom had nothing to with these decisions. They were made in Washington but the White House, Treasury, and FDIC.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:41 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Try to get something right for a change. There is no bailout of SVB. Depositors are being made whole. If Newsom has an account or accounts at the bank, why should he not be included.

Newsom had nothing to with these decisions. They were made in Washington but the White House, Treasury, and FDIC.
tee hee hee!
Old 03-15-2023, 02:47 PM   #5
boxcar

Quote:

Explain the difference between the two highlighted sentences.
Old 03-15-2023, 03:00 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I asked you to share with us what exact regulations that were rolled back during the Trump administration could have prevented the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank. I hope this isn't another situation where you are parroting crap and talking out your ass again. I don't know squat about banking regulations, please inform us.

It has been "widely reported" that Newsome violated protocol over issues with Silicon Valley Bank.

Also I see once again you lead with an insult, the weak game of a Democrat.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 03:22 PM   #7
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Explain the difference between the two highlighted sentences.
There is no bailout of SVB. Depositors are being made whole.

The first sentence refers to the owners and stockholders of SVB. The money they lost is gone. They will not be rewarded for mismanagement or incompetence. Or criminal behavior if such occurred.

The second sentence refers to people and businesses who have accounts with the bank. People who, in most cases have no say in the management or operations of the bank. Their deposits are guaranteed up to $250,000 by the FDIC. In addition to the amounts over $250,000 are guaranteed by a fund financed by the nations banks.
Old 03-15-2023, 03:36 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
In addition to the amounts over $250,000 are guaranteed by a fund financed by the nations banks.
Financed by the banks?

No sucker.

Financed by people like you and me who will end up paying higher fees to cover this "financed by the banks" nonsense.

So clueless you liberals are...
Old 03-15-2023, 03:52 PM   #9
davew

Quote:
There is no bailout of SVB. Depositors are being made whole.

The first sentence refers to the owners and stockholders of SVB. The money they lost is gone. They will not be rewarded for mismanagement or incompetence. Or criminal behavior if such occurred.

The second sentence refers to people and businesses who have accounts with the bank. People who, in most cases have no say in the management or operations of the bank. Their deposits are guaranteed up to $250,000 by the FDIC. In addition to the amounts over $250,000 are guaranteed by a fund financed by the nations banks.
A tech company had $400 million in their account, are they being made 'whole' ????? by what 'fund'?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 03:56 PM   #10
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I asked you to share with us what exact regulations that were rolled back during the Trump administration could have prevented the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank. I hope this isn't another situation where you are parroting crap and talking out your ass again. I don't know squat about banking regulations, please inform us.

It has been "widely reported" that Newsome violated protocol over issues with Silicon Valley Bank.

COME ON MAN, parrots can NOT answer specific question as they just repeat 'talking points'
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 04:46 PM   #11
mostpost

Quote:

I am far from an expert on banking regulations. If you know squat plus very little.

This is what I do know. Trump changed the threshold for which banks could be regulated from banks with assets over $50B to banks with over $250B. This meant many very large banks were no longer subject to regulation.

Nobody is saying deregulation is the only problem. Bad decisions by SVB is certainly a major factor. But proper regulations may have caught those bad decisions before they caused such damage.

Please explain what you mean by Newsom violating protocol, then I can respond. If you’re referring to Newsom encouraging the Biden Administration to act to protect the citizens of his state, don’t bother.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:54 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
COME ON MAN, parrots can NOT answer specific question as they just repeat 'talking points'

I just keep looking to find any subject where Cliff Clavin knows more than the average middle aged man or woman, I have yet to see anything, other than how to constantly insult people. Most everyone has something they are better at than the common human, Cliffy has nothing, yet he will constantly engage those wiser than him on a subject and then run and hide when they stomp him into the ground. I am always curious how someone could turn out like him.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:57 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I am far from an expert on banking regulations. If you know squat plus very little.

This is what I do know. Trump changed the threshold for which banks could be regulated from banks with assets over $50B to banks with over $250B. This meant many very large banks were no longer subject to regulation.

Nobody is saying deregulation is the only problem. Bad decisions by SVB is certainly a major factor. But proper regulations may have caught those bad decisions before they caused such damage.

Please explain what you mean by Newsom violating protocol, then I can respond. If you’re referring to Newsom encouraging the Biden Administration to act to protect the citizens of his state, don’t bother.

What are the specific regulations, please explain. Newsome lobbied on behalf of a bank that he had an interest in, that is a no no.
Old 03-15-2023, 05:05 PM   #14
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Most everyone has something they are better at than the common human, Cliffy has nothing
I heard that Musty could usually get mail into the correct mailbox.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 05:07 PM   #15
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Financed by the banks?

No sucker.

Financed by people like you and me who will end up paying higher fees to cover this "financed by the banks"
I don’t pay any fees.

One of the blessings of being old and paying my bills on time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: