Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-18-2017, 10:58 PM   #46
Thebart

The Con Many Cometh

My view toward Trump, as I have repeatedly tried to explain, as little to do with poltics and being a liberal. It has to do with 35+ years in the New York City/Connecticut region watching this con-man in action.

The fact is he has always been a what I call an instinctive and compulsive liar. Just in the last couple days the General Pershing story, the story about his non-existent Virginia winery illustrate my point. These are not political stories, they are just made up stories that Trump uses to "sell" himself as having some point of contact with anything someone might mention.
In the business world he screwed people left and right. He got away with it most of the time because a whole lot of inherited wealth gave him the ability to wear-out the "little people" who all too often found it difficult to hang in for the long run and time and money it would take to win. One of the reasons why the Trumps had to start looking offshore for financing was because American banks finally caught on to Trump's shady games.

This past week Trump's discovered a sudden love of monuments and memorials and wants to save 'em all. Years ago when he was demolishing the old Bonwit Teller building in New York in contemplation of building Trump Tower, the Metropolitan Museum of Art wanted to preserve some sculptures built into the frontage of that building. Trump agreed. Then he betrayed his promise when he discovered that saving the sculptures might delay the overall demolition by two weeks. He destroyed the sculptures. But, he didn't use that as his total excuse. He later remarked "we had them appraised and found they weren't worth much." Even if that were true, it has nothing to do with the underlying idea of donating the statues to the museum. Their monetary value was immaterial. I can however, guarantee you he never did have them appraised. Just like he never really sent investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama's birth certificate. How do I know? Because if he did he would present the proof.

I don't know if it will ever happen, but my hope is that all you Trump groupies find a legitimate conservative to support who is smart, honest and will keep his or her words and doesn't have to lie each and ever day to sell his latest scam. You may like what he said in the campaign. You may still like what he says. But make no mistake, you are in bed with a character totally devoid of any ethical value. The man is a fraud.

Last edited by Thebart; 08-18-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Thebart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 11:03 PM   #47
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebart View Post
My view toward Trump, as I have repeatedly tried to explain, as little to do with poltics and being a liberal. It has to do with 35+ years in the New York City/Connecticut region watching this con-man in action.

The fact is he has always been a what I call an instinctive and compulsive liar. Just in the last couple days the General Pershing story, the story about his non-existent Virginia winery illustrate my point. These are not political stories, they are just made up stories that Trump uses to "sell" himself as having some point of contact with anything someone might mention.
In the business world he screwed people left and right. He got away with it most of the time because a whole lot of inherited wealth gave him the ability to wear-out the "little people" who all too often found it difficult to hang in for the long run and time and money it would take to win. One of the reasons why the Trumps had to start looking offshore for financing was because American banks finally caught on to Trump's shady games.

This past week Trump's discovered a sudden love of monuments and memorials and wants to save 'em all. Years ago when he was demolishing the old Bonwit Teller building in New York in contemplation of building Trump Tower, the Metropolitan Museum of Art wanted to preserve some sculptures built into the frontage of that building. Trump agreed. Then he betrayed his promise when he discovered that saving the sculptures might delay the overall demolition by two weeks. He destroyed the sculptures. But, he didn't use that as his total excuse. He later remarked "we had them appraised and found they weren't worth much." Even if that were true, it has nothing to do with the underlying idea of donating the statues to the museum. Their monetary value was immaterial. I can however, guarantee you he never did have them appraised. Just like he never really sent investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama's birth certificate. How do I know? Because if he did he would present the proof.

I don't know if it will ever happen, but my hope is that all you Trump groupies find a legitimate conservative to support who is smart, honest and will keep his or her words and doesn't have to lie each and ever day to sell his latest scam. You may like what he said in the campaign. You may still like what he says. But make no mistake, you are in bed with a character totally devoid of any ethical value. The man is a fraud.
How dare you try and bring some sanity into a PA off topic thread!

This is supposed to be where angry guys repeat the same thing over and over every day to try and convince themselves that what they think is right.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #48
ElKabong

Can't recall the last time I agreed with a lengthy post by the Bart.... Certainly agree on this one, well said.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 11:26 PM   #49
jimmyb

Trump sure is better than this.

“I’m proud of the fact that with two weeks to go, we’re probably the first administration in modern history that hasn’t had a major scandal in the White House.” Barry Obama

Can someone say “Big Lie?”

Benghazi, and the subsequent lies about the video.

Fast and Furious, the assault-rifle-running scheme to Mexican drug cartels that left at least two Americans and God only knows how many Mexicans dead.

“If you like your doctor you can keep….”

Congress allowed to exempt itself from Obamacare.

Cash for Clunkers.

Shovel-ready jobs that Obama admitted weren’t shovel ready – and then laughed about it.

Goes to the Mideast on “apology tour” and refers to America’s “Muslim founding fathers,” none of whom are ever identified.

Solyndra and any number of other phony-baloney companies run by Obama money bundlers that took billions in taxpayer funds and then went belly-up – no prosecutions, zero, nada, nothing.

Secret Service agents soliciting prostitutes, Treasury Department employees soliciting prostitutes, etc.

ISIS is the “j.v.,” and Obama admits he has “no strategy” to deal with them.

Department of Labor uses stimulus funds to run ads on MSNBC shows run by administration parrots Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann.

The Veterans Administration.

Obama sycophant Gov. Terry McAuliffe funnels $500,000 to wife of FBI agent in charge of investigation of Hillary Clinton email-server scandal.

Little Sisters of the Poor sued because of their opposition to abortion.

Administration surveils Fox News reporter James Rosen, tapping his phones and reading his emails.

Sneers at law-abiding citizens as “bitter clingers.”

Signs an executive order allowing millions of criminal illegal aliens to remain in the US after saying publicly 22 times that it would be unconstitutional for him to impose such an order.

Pay to play, at the Clinton Foundation and everywhere else.

Refuses to prosecute New Black Panther Party thugs in Philadelphia for voter intimidation.

Appoints the first attorney general cited for contempt of Congress.

Second attorney general secretly meets with husband of target of major federal criminal probe days before the case is broomed.

Billions in payoffs to bloodthirsty Iranian mullahs, creating failed states in Libya and Syria, the “red line,” the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, unvetted immigrants from terrorist hotbeds, etc. etc.

Bowe Bergdahl – Army deserter traded back to the U.S. in return for five Muslim terrorists at Gitmo.

Massive violations of the civil rights of Tea Party members by the left-wing hacks at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Appoints an admitted tax cheat, Tim Geithner, as Treasury Secretary (which made him boss of the IRS).

Boundless contempt for law enforcement and endless anti-cop rhetoric, starting with the Cambridge police “acted stupidly” and never stopping.

Secretary of State John Forbes Kerry.
Huddles dozens of times in the White House with racial arsonist and tax cheat Al Sharpton.

Describes Muslim terror attack at Fort Hood in which 13 Americans were murdered by a Palestinian as “workplace violence.”

Fires the inspector general of AmeriCorps after he investigated a former NBA player who was a political ally of Soetoro’s.

Fires the inspector general of Amtrak for too effectively probing waste, fraud and abuse.

Runs up more deficits than the previous 43 US presidents – combined.

Pardons or commutes the sentences of scores of machine-gun toting drug dealers – while demanding crackdowns on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Refusal to call Islamic terrorists Islamic terrorists.

His EPA dumps millions of gallons of toxic waste from the Gold King Mine disaster into the Animas River in Colorado – an environmental disaster totally ignored by his worshipful stooges in the news media.

White House identifies New England state as “Road Island,”

Obama says“Austrian” is spoken in Austria,

Spends at least $350,000 in public funds trying to “rig” the Israeli elections against conservative Bibi Netanyahu.

Adds 12 million layabouts to the food-stamp rolls.

Says nothing as his vice president – his “brother,” as Obama describes him — publicly gropes a number of women of all ages at the White House.

Yep, he sure was better than Trump.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #50
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Now wait a minute, Trump was way out of line with his "typical Black folks" comment.

Who but a racist would say that?
Old 08-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #51
Dahoss9698
Veteran

I find it funny JimmyB is able to copy and paste someone else's ideas on Obama but sticks his head in the sand about Trump.

It's okay guys, you don't have to admit you picked a disaster. The level headed people know.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #52
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
I find it funny JimmyB is able to copy and paste someone else's ideas on Obama but sticks his head in the sand about Trump.

It's okay guys, you don't have to admit you picked a disaster. The level headed people know.
First, they aren't my ideas, they are actual f--- ups of the Obama administration. Evade the truth if you like but facts are facts, and like numbers, the facts on Obama don't lie.

Has any president escaped f--- ups? Carter, Reagan, GW, Johnson, Kennedy, even the great Ike had them. Obama took the cake and is the reason I voted Trump. If indeed Trump has f'd up, it pales in comparison to any past prez I mentioned.

BTW, I am still a registered democrat and have been all of my voting life (43 years).

Last edited by jimmyb; 08-19-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #53
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Trump sure is better than this.

And Nixon was better than Hitler.

And a kick in the butt is better than a poke in the face with a sharp stick.

Some of us hope for something better than the lesser of two evils.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:27 AM   #54
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

It's time to grow up if expect everyone to like you or what you value. I'm sure the past administrations understood this. Obama understands this, an athlete going into a visitors stadium understands this.

Hate on Trump all you like, he is still our president. Nobody said you had to like it and the next election is only 39 months away.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:01 AM   #55
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
First, they aren't my ideas, they are actual f--- ups of the Obama administration. Evade the truth if you like but facts are facts, and like numbers, the facts on Obama don't lie.

Has any president escaped f--- ups? Carter, Reagan, GW, Johnson, Kennedy, even the great Ike had them. Obama took the cake and is the reason I voted Trump. If indeed Trump has f'd up, it pales in comparison to any past prez I mentioned.

BTW, I am still a registered democrat and have been all of my voting life (43 years).
I know they aren't your ideas. You copy and pasted what someone else said.

I'm not evading any truths. But you sure are when you continually ignore what a dumpster fire Trump's first 8 months have been.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #56
jms62
Veteran

Quote:

I'm not evading any truths. But you sure are when you continually ignore what a dumpster fire Trump's first 8 months have been.
But he is a "registered democratic" so we should believe everything he says
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #57
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
But he is a "registered democratic" so we should believe everything he says
Yeah that was a nice touch. He's a registered Democrat like I've been winning at Saratoga
Old 08-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #58
jimmyb

Quote:

I am enjoying the circus.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:08 AM   #59
elysiantraveller

Quote:

Yep, he sure was better than Trump.
Again... deflection. What happens when Trump is criticized on here... people instantly deflect to what they are comfortable with.

I couldn't stand Obama. I however have the ability to look at Trump with the same scrutiny.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #60
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

Some of us ignored the fact the the republicrates run congress.
On his own, Trump has a lot on his own to get the economy moving. I don't blame him for the inaction by the GOP traitors.

If people would stop taking the media's bait to focus on stuff that has absolutely no value and got behind him, we would see more get done. But everyone buys the premise that he is a racist, his WH is in chaos......BS. The leftist-public education is kicking in.

You were expecting someone else to do it all for you?
You would have liked Bernie.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: