Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-29-2016, 12:16 AM   #31
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Conservatives want the government to leave them alone to the greatest degree possible...
Proving that few Republicans are really conservative.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 12:40 AM   #32
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Let me clear up a few things for you, okay. First, the government does NOT require you to send your kids to school. You can do it from home if you choose. But that requires that you have the ability to do it yourself.
If you home school your kids the state does not refund the taxes you pay to support schools. Also, here in Ohio you have to spend 900 hours per year schooling your kid and you must keep records. You do not have to have any particular "ability" to home school your kid. I think Ohio law on home schooling was written to accommodate the Amish.

Quote:
Until the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional, the words "under God" are not unconstitutional. Courts have held that it is not a violation, sorry.
They have not ruled yet. And I'm entitled to my opinion.

Quote:
The Obama administration has declared that all a man has to do is publicly state he identifies as a female and he can use the womens restroom and locker facilities. Where else do you think females change at?
So you are addressing the transgender issue. Thanks for that clarification.

Quote:
You did not read the article, did you. It states that they are trying to make kids recite the Declaration of Independence.
I read the article. I'm not clear on which side of the issue you stand. My point is that it's too long to ask kids to memorize the whole thing.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:40 AM   #33
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Proving that few Republicans are really conservative.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

The three remaining candidates for president are all running on the same core principle. The country is a mess, and the solution is the government under my leadership.

The last Republican that got it was Ronald Reagan when he said "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."

Since then, the GOP has turned into Democrats Lite. Government can fix the problem, but we just don't need as much government as those other guys on the left want.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:31 AM   #34
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
Showers at public beaches, pools & gymnasiums don't have stalls. Also most of us are not concerned with people that are actually transgender, it's the ones that will falsely use the transgender excuse to gain access to girl's/women's facilities that are the problem.
No one who is not transgender is going to pretend to be transgender just to see a naked woman. That is the kind of thing that a person would not live down if friends or family found out.
Don't forget Europe has had unisex bathrooms forever. Urinals for men; stalls for women and those who need to do their business sitting down. No one is bothered by it-except a few Americans-and no one pervs on someone else.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:34 AM   #35
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Have a pregunta

If all these candidates are so anti government.....

Why do they want to be PART of the government?

"The presidency is the only job in which people will spend 400 million dollars to get a job that pays 400 thousand a year" -Chris Rock
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 08:32 AM   #36
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Democrats suck.

Republicans blow.

Point fingers.

Blame the other guy.

Divide and conquer at it's finest.

Both sides STFU.

Love my country.

Despise the political parties.....
In some ways I agree. The constitution was designed to be a government of comprise. When they are not compromising, the politicians aren't doing their job.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #37
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
You did well 2-4, but Bible readings in school? You must be kidding.
No I am not kidding. It was commonplace up to the 1963 Supreme Court ruling that outlawed Bible reading and prayer. As soon as that decision was made the morality of the country started to take a nose dive and it has never recovered.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #38
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
No one who is not transgender is going to pretend to be transgender just to see a naked woman. That is the kind of thing that a person would not live down if friends or family found out.
Don't forget Europe has had unisex bathrooms forever. Urinals for men; stalls for women and those who need to do their business sitting down. No one is bothered by it-except a few Americans-and no one pervs on someone else.
You live in a different world than the rest of us with your thinking. Millions of teenagers, when facing no risk of punishment, will be sneaking into the womens restrooms and locker rooms to see naked girls. BTW, rape and murder are things that a person would not ever live down by family or friends but yet that happens on a daily basis, now doesn't it.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:58 AM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
So you think that most people see nothing wrong with a man in a woman's public washroom?
That tells us where your head is at.
That's not his head.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Not that I've been in one lately, but don't womens' restrooms have stalls? I'm not sure quite what the problem is here - unless behavior is inappropriate.
So you are ok with YOUR daughter HAVING to accept that set up?
Old 05-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Why should my tax dollars be used to force my kids to recite or listen to a prayer promoting a religion that I do not subscribe to and that I do not want my kids indoctrinated in?
Because the majority of those who are paying for the schools with their tax dollars do. You object to your children having to listen to a prayer, but are willing to allow them to have no personal privacy when it come bathrooms and locker rooms? Just to accommodate mentally ill people's delusions?

Interesting.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:08 AM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
You need to get out more.
Of course they would. And all would laugh about it later.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #43
pandy

Unfortunately, there are over 800,000 registered sex offenders in this country, but according to an ABC New Report, only about 30% of all sex crimes get reported. President Obama has said that 20% of ALL women have been raped and snopes fact checked it and said that it is accurate if you also include attempted rape. There are millions of perverts out there. Letting men who can say that they "identify" with women into bathrooms with women and girls is just plain stupid.

And the bottom line is, true transgender women, such as those who have had sex change operations, have been using men's bathrooms for decades. We didn't need to change any laws, and it was liberal politicians who changed the laws in Charlotte, N.C., as an example. The gov of N.C. simply reacted to that law and made a new law that states that in public places, such as schools, you must use the bathroom of your true gender. The law doesn't affect private businesses, they can do whatever they want. This guy was crucified for protecting woman and children. The Charlotte law not only put them in danger, but it was took away their rights of privacy.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #44
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Apparently you were never a teenage boy.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 10:07 AM   #45
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Name some. And document it, please.

And the far left believes in freedom of religion as long as you drink the Kool Aid.
You have to be kidding. Start with post 37 and do a little thinking from there.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: