Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #61
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Bitterness here is ugly.

very ugly
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #62
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Is every horse entering a race large or small purses going in with the intention of winning the race.?
bob60566 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 11:06 AM   #63
RunForTheRoses

Interesting. King for a Day might reign some more. Max only got a 116 in the Florida Derby according to the spreadsheet in Triple Crown Trail. So it wasn't a bad race for him either especially if he was short.

And I see a 120 in KD so may not have been a bad race.

Last edited by RunForTheRoses; 06-17-2019 at 11:13 AM.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 11:53 AM   #64
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
But just the actions and voices of the connections and neither horse ran again after “ winning” the derby.
It was only a day or 2 after the derby when Mott was very clear that Country House wasn't well. He had lost weight and I believe he was coughing. People who saw him the day after also noted he didn't look right, eyes, body, etc.

Not like Mott was or has been trying to pretend otherwise.....most of us knew that the horse would be given some time off to get over whatever was ailing him as soon as Mott announced it.

As it turns out, it doesn't look like something that is quickly fixed. I commend him for putting the horse first. Perhaps he is run down, perhaps he has lost his keeness for racing.......I don't know. What I do know is that I don't have a problem with this. If you do, then you don't really *care* much about horses....you only care more for the sport of it all and the gladiator matches.

I'm glad Servis gave Max some time off, and entered him in a softer spot (basically, a paid workout) at his home track. He should be primed for his next race. Perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

Others will call him a loser because he lost a race. Too funny!

( really have to wonder if some people here even understand the most basic stuff about horses and racing. )
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 12:01 PM   #65
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
HOY?
He won't be 3yo champ let alone HOY.

Comic Relief - is there category for that?
The DQ actually could make for an interesting 3-year-old champ vote provided any of the horses involved actually win another race between now and December....

You're right about comic relief though---the nominations for clown of the year are already pretty crowded.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #66
PuckLuck
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
I laugh at the people who talk this way about Country House. You apparently must feel the same about the other 17 horses in the Derby too since he did beat them. He ran “2nd” from post 19 which is no easy task unless you have a little bit of talent. And you think he is only good enough for rides for the kids lol.

I’m new here and still learning who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn’t. Thanks for making it obvious which category you fall into.
horse players tend to take things way to seriously. i could say the sky is falling and a horse player would say "i've performed the calculations on that and its obvious that you don't know a damn thing about the sky and if its falling."
PuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 01:08 PM   #67
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
time will tell my man. and there are plenty of races to prove max the best so don't close the door quite yet. i am confident of a derby winner that gets the rest and can now bring its best.
Oh, i agree with that.
But his best is lengths behind the older horses.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:09 PM   #68
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTKLO View Post
Perhaps if MAX had been given a real WHO WANTS IT MORE call. like I deliver. he would have had a little more fight. Pretty weak when announcers at bigger and better tracks steal material.
I see you got it in in the 3rd today.....
Old 06-17-2019, 02:59 PM   #69
jay68802

Good one guys. For any one that thought he was a good bet, get a clue. Trainer says he was not happy with the horse after the last race and gives him a break. See another trainer that did this?

Clues to help:

Was not interfered with in the Derby.

Trains Country House.

Praise for that trainer, but not for this one?

After the first work, trainer has blood work done. Then does not work the horse until right before the race? Tells you the horse is not ready. But they give him a race any way, and why not? None of the other horses show up, even when it is plain as day the horse is short and needs a race. Might they be concerned about loosing to a short horse? Do not have the balls to accept a challenge? Maximum was easy pickings here and they let it go. Horse starts a steady work pattern after this and he becomes a real threat to win any race.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #70
Robert Fischer
clean money

wow '120' TFUS is pretty fast.

Thanks CJ.

I hope the top two are seen from again on the worktab soon. King for a Day really went off the radar the last time he reached his bottom in a race, and Maximum Security is pointing to the Haskell? That would be great.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:45 PM   #71
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
It looked to me like Max was bumped at the start. Love the classiness of the connections to NOT object.
Here we go again, blaming another horse for Max's failure. That's why Saez drew such a long suspension.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #72
classhandicapper

You had King For A Day much faster than other figure makers coming into the race. It looks like other people broke the race out from the rest of the card that day because the raced looked too fast, but now horses are running very well out of it.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #73
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
You have King For A Day much faster than other figure makers. It looks like other people broke the race out from the rest of the card that day because the raced looked too fast, but now horses are running very well out of it.
Yep, the last place finisher returned to run a big number already. The more solid runbacks you get from a race the more confident I am in a number obviously. I liked King for a Day a lot yesterday seeing how the other two had come back.

Attached Images
File Type: png SirBarton.png (26.4 KB, 8 views)
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #74
horses4courses

Mitigating Factors

I haven't read all the posts in this thread,
so it may have been mentioned already.

Maximum Security debuted at GP for $16K
mainly because he had shown several
lackluster works prior to this at Monmouth.
Chances are, it's not his favorite surface.

Also, blood work was done on him less than 2 weeks ago.
Nothing sinister about this, but it's hardly a good sign.
They obviously felt he had recovered sufficiently to run
him yesterday, but saying he was 100% is probably a stretch.

HOTY and 3 year old titles aside, this is a very good horse.
Saying otherwise is ridiculous.

One thing is certain - he was lengths the best in the KY Derby.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 05:50 PM   #75
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post

One thing is certain - he was lengths the best in the KY Derby.
Certain according to you.

I can't speak for others, but I am pretty confident one of Game Winner, Tacitus, and Maximum Security ran the best race in the Derby. Which one I'm far less sure. I'm confident by year's end Maximum Security will not be 3YO champion.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply