Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 02-29-2020, 11:56 PM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

Biancone

Biancone’s Sole Volante won the Sam F Davis, his Ete Indien won the Fountain of Youth and Sole Volante will likely run off w/the Tampa Bay Derby next weekend. It’ll be interesting to watch how he manages these two come the Florida Derby.

He’s gotta be feelin’ pretty good right about now. No doubt he’s got the Derby Fever and got it deep. I wonder if it crossed his mind that he might run first and second come the first Saturday in May . . .

He’s doin’ an outstanding job training these colts and they’re gonna be tough to beat from here on in. I wish him well and good to see him back in the winner’s circle .

Last edited by Blenheim; 03-01-2020 at 12:08 AM.
Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2020, 12:51 AM   #2
clicknow

Not a fan of this trainer, I tend to not like a trainer who was kicked out of Hong Kong racing (honest racing) and who has horses who test positive for cobra venom.

But I won't hold it against his horses.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2020, 07:26 AM   #3
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Not a fan of this trainer, I tend to not like a trainer who was kicked out of Hong Kong racing (honest racing) and who has horses who test positive for cobra venom.

But I won't hold it against his horses.
Ditto that...he was suspended stateside too for a bit...
Old 03-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #4
GMB@BP

you aint cheatn' you aint trying....so goes it in america. cant hold it against trainers when its the jurisdictions that are at fault.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2020, 07:54 PM   #5
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
cant hold it against trainers when its the jurisdictions that are at fault.

Uh, yes, I can hold it against them.

Because I happen to like and care about horses...you know, those living breathing beings that are running on the track for us......and I don't think their biology "enjoys" being shot up with substances, esp. awful ones that aren't from reputable veterinarian practice.

I will not support anyone in that endeavor, because that indicates they are scum to me. Very simple.

Last edited by clicknow; 03-01-2020 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
...Sole Volante will likely run off w/the Tampa Bay Derby next weekend.
I don't see that at all.

I'm not very high on Sole Volante, but I haven't seen the field yet. Maybe I'll be surprised by a relatively soft spot, but it would have to come up extremely soft.

I don't know anything significant about Biancone. I don't have any opinions on him as a person.

I give him general congratulations for capitalizing in some of these recent preps. I don't have any ill will towards him, and I don't have any rooting interest in him. I don't have big expectations for Ete Indian or Sole Volante.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:52 PM   #7
GMB@BP

Quote:
Uh, yes, I can hold it against them.

Because I happen to like and care about horses...you know, those living breathing beings that are running on the track for us......and I don't think their biology "enjoys" being shot up with substances, esp. awful ones that aren't from reputable veterinarian practice.

I will not support anyone in that endeavor, because that indicates they are scum to me. Very simple.
if you bet on the sport you a supporting them, if you watch it on tv, you are supporting them.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:55 PM   #8
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I don't have big expectations for Ete Indian or Sole Volante.
Ete Indian doesn't interest me at all......but Sole Volante does.... how could you not with Miesque, Mill Reef, Shirley Heights, etc. Never know what the true stamina type horses will do in the Derby (Gun Runner, Thunder Snow, Sham, Seeking the Soul, Gunnevera, Instilled Regard, Destin, Code of Honor, War of Will, Tax, Country House, Mendelssohn et. al) since they often don't have enough speed for the Derby. Often do better in some other classic distance race.

Hopefully I find another horse to root for in the TC races
Old 03-02-2020, 08:32 AM   #9
groupie doll

I am starting to like Ete Indien a bit, and choose to overlook the trainer's past infractions per this particular horse. I do agree with clicknow that his record is rather egregious and inexcusable, but I see no indication anywhere that Ete Indien himself is at risk. If that were to change, then I'd prob have to adjust my stance. Similar, but perhaps milder, with Maximum Security I choose to overlook some past behavior from the trainer/connections in favor of the horse since I quite like him.

I'm also hoping Anneau D'Or can make amends for that atrocity down in LA, but that may be a lost cause... and still liking Tiz the Law and Nadal. Decent year so far and still pretty wide open.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2020, 06:48 PM   #10
Blenheim
Race Player

Flying Sun #1 . . .

Quote:
Last November 21 people, including two assistant trainers and four HK Jockey Club stable staff were arrested in Operation Iron Triangle for “illegal betting activity within the Hong Kong horse racing sector” . . . and sadly, the list of trainers with multiple and serious drug violations is a long one.

~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fisher
I don't see that at all.

I'm not very high on Sole Volante, but I haven't seen the field yet. Maybe I'll be surprised by a relatively soft spot, but it would have to come up extremely soft.

The Tampa Bay Derby should be an interesting race w/the addition of Chance It.

I've seen some numbers showing he wins the race, but considering he has never shipped, has never gone two turns and has never raced over the surface (post position still uncertain), I think Chance It may have had a better chance for Derby points had he run in the Fountain of Youth.

I’ve been working w/some Kentucky Derby numbers today and I show Sole Volante ranked in the top three in all categories except one, where he is ranked fourth. Overall, I’ve got Sole Volante # 1, Tiz the Law # 2, Silver Prospector # 3.

I think Sole Volante wins the Tampa Bay and come this time next week we'll see Biancone’s two colts atop the Derby Leaderboard.

Last edited by Blenheim; 03-02-2020 at 06:54 PM.
Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2020, 04:35 AM   #11
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
Last November 21 people, including two assistant trainers and four HK Jockey Club stable staff were arrested in Operation Iron Triangle for “illegal betting activity within the Hong Kong horse racing sector” . . . and sadly, the list of trainers with multiple and serious drug violations is a long one.

~
Fortunately, my personal ethical standards are not based on how race tracks, here or anywhere else, deal with violations.

I'll stick with trainers like Christophe Clement, and those like him, when I get out my "admiration" pom-poms.

You can have the other ones.

I remember, at the time of Biancone's 1 year barring, Tom Ludt (KHRC) said he had grown so frustrated by his sport’s drug problem that at a meeting he said, “Why do we even waste the money drug-testing horses?”

This was after it was common knowledge that Asmussen gave Curlin anabolic steroids (when they were legal). (a champion, right?) And what did Jess Jackson do? As soon as he bought Rachel, he moved her over to Asmussen's barn. Druggers are rewarded.

As long as you and others in this sport remain apologists the perception of horse racing won't improve.

Last edited by clicknow; 03-03-2020 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #12
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie doll View Post
I am starting to like Ete Indien a bit, and choose to overlook the trainer's past infractions per this particular horse. I do agree with clicknow that his record is rather egregious and inexcusable, but I see no indication anywhere that Ete Indien himself is at risk. If that were to change, then I'd prob have to adjust my stance. Similar, but perhaps milder, with Maximum Security I choose to overlook some past behavior from the trainer/connections in favor of the horse since I quite like him.

I'm also hoping Anneau D'Or can make amends for that atrocity down in LA, but that may be a lost cause... and still liking Tiz the Law and Nadal. Decent year so far and still pretty wide open.
I have to go back on this statement... in light of recent events. I still like Max Sec, but damn this isn't the horse's fault. Can't continue to overlook and underestimate the humans, their egos and their greed... sad.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #13
GMB@BP

How is someone who gave Cobra Venom to horses training two of the Ky Derby hopefuls

What a joke.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:36 PM   #14
PaceMasterT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
How is someone who gave Cobra Venom to horses training two of the Ky Derby hopefuls

What a joke.
This industry is a joke. Few that aren't juicing and those that aren't don't have enough stock to carry the industry under its current form.
PaceMasterT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: