Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
boxcar

ICE and Criminal Arrests of Aliens

Acting ICE Director: ICE Removed More Than 145,000 Criminal Aliens Last Year, Including 10,000 Gang Members

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...iens-last-year

I can't even begin to imagine what the real numbers would be if there there no scoff-law states or municipalities giving sanctuary to illegal aliens.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Trump - Total ICE removals for FY18 were 256k, up from 226k in FY17 but down from 240k during Obama’s last FY in office. Source – see A.

Obama - Total ICE removals ramped in his early years, totaling 393k, 397k and 410k for FY10, FY11 and FY12, respectively. After that, the number pulled back bottoming out around 235k and 240k in FY15/16. Source – see B.

In FY18 (Trump), ICE removed 145k convicted criminals, up 139k in FY16 (Obama). Source – A (figure 11).

A. https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/off...2018Report.pdf
Figure 9 contains total ICE removals for FY16, FY17 and FY18 data

B. https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics/2016
See Table labeled “Total ICE Removals” for FY10, FY11, and FY12 data
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Trump - Total ICE removals for FY18 were 256k, up from 226k in FY17 but down from 240k during Obama’s last FY in office. Source – see A.

Obama - Total ICE removals ramped in his early years, totaling 393k, 397k and 410k for FY10, FY11 and FY12, respectively. After that, the number pulled back bottoming out around 235k and 240k in FY15/16. Source – see B.

In FY18 (Trump), ICE removed 145k convicted criminals, up 139k in FY16 (Obama). Source – A (figure 11).

A. https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/off...2018Report.pdf
Figure 9 contains total ICE removals for FY16, FY17 and FY18 data

B. https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics/2016
See Table labeled “Total ICE Removals” for FY10, FY11, and FY12 data
The Obama numbers couldn't possibly have anything to do with the scofflaw states rendering a lot more cooperation to their Anointed One than to Trump, could it?
Old 09-29-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
fast4522

I just think it is insane to think that we owe it to people that they have a life on our dime. Now that is a strong statement but I really feel we do what we can when we can, but the obligation is greater to have sovereignty and control who comes in at our direction and not theirs.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2019, 04:09 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And Obama used to put kids in cages, too.
Just goes to show that it is NOT compassion fro them by the dems, but hatred of Trump.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:18 PM   #6
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The Obama numbers couldn't possibly have anything to do with the scofflaw states rendering a lot more cooperation to their Anointed One than to Trump, could it?
I don't have that data, and I don't like to speculate on numbers. If you have data to support your speculation, I'd appreciate if you'd post it. If you don't, I'll see if state-by-state information is available.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:37 PM   #7
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Just goes to show that it is NOT compassion fro them by the dems, but hatred of Trump.
Bingo!
Old 09-29-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
I don't have that data, and I don't like to speculate on numbers. If you have data to support your speculation, I'd appreciate if you'd post it. If you don't, I'll see if state-by-state information is available.
Don't knock yourself out on my behalf. It just makes good sense that the libs in those scofflaw states would not want to miss the golden opportunity to lick the dust off the boots of such an historic president, and cooperate with his wishes as much as possible.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #9
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
To follow up, I can't find ICE removals stats by state. However, Syracuse Univ examines total deportations by state. In FY16, Texas represented 62% of deportations, up from 42% in FY08. California accounted for 18% and 12% of deportations in FY08 and FY16, respectively. NY, NJ and IL deportations represented an immaterial number relative to TX, CA, AZ and LA in for both fiscal years.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:04 PM   #10
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I think there's some truth to this claim, although Obama's policy wasn't to actively separate children (vs. Trump's more aggressive "zero tolerance" policy). And I suspect the vast, vast majority of Dems and Reps don't want kids treated poorly.

My only point in responding to Box: we didn't have a lawless country under Obama in the context of illegal immigrants. The numbers just don't bear it out. The latest numbers from Trump's ICE only show a modest increase in total ICE removals in FY18 vs Obama's last year in office. I think the article he posted should have provided this information (the numbers were in the ICE press release, containing FY18 stats, issued under Trump). Without that information, the site's readers might have thought the number was up dramatically, maybe even Box thought that was the case (no idea).
Old 09-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I think there's some truth to this claim, although Obama's policy wasn't to actively separate children (vs. Trump's more aggressive "zero tolerance" policy). And I suspect the vast, vast majority of Dems and Reps don't want kids treated poorly.
No, we don't.
Separating from adults who are not their real parents, or if they are, they are obviously unfit parents, is a fact of life Trump has no options over. Dems could have relived the situation by passing the aid border patrol wanted, but idiot like AOC had to make their political points.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:31 PM   #12
boxcar

Quote:

My only point in responding to Box: we didn't have a lawless country under Obama in the context of illegal immigrants. The numbers just don't bear it out. The latest numbers from Trump's ICE only show a modest increase in total ICE removals in FY18 vs Obama's last year in office. I think the article he posted should have provided this information (the numbers were in the ICE press release, containing FY18 stats, issued under Trump). Without that information, the site's readers might have thought the number was up dramatically, maybe even Box thought that was the case (no idea).
(emphasis mine)

And what would possess you to think that way when it's very obvious that the dimwits in the scofflaw states don't give two flips about the public safety of American citizens. it's infinitely more important to them to protect the law breakers against the American justice system than it is to protect Americans from illegal alien criminals.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:55 PM   #13
fast4522

Locals React to Brutal Beating Attack on Elderly Santa Clara Man in Cemetery.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-man-cemetery/
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2019, 10:43 AM   #14
boxcar

I'm posting the dimwit flip-flop vid here, as well, since Saratoga boasted that the ICE arrest numbers were very similar in the Obama era. The vid is pertinent to this claim because because it explains how this was so.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Doesn't this guy look like someone who would be featured in a story that starts out, "..and the shooter had been spotted at previous rallies in the month leading up to the incident."

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3773.jpg (4.5 KB, 35 views)