Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-09-2018, 11:28 PM   #46
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
And YES, there are an amazing amount of dumb clueless people at this site.
So leave. What's stopping you?

Oh, that's right. There is no better racing forum then this one.

Thank me very much.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 11:31 PM   #47
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Denny, I'm just expressing an OPINION that you're a clueless asshole. You should accept it, right? It's just an opinion man...just like you think I should accept your jackass opinions...

Your pal,

Mike
Old 04-09-2018, 11:43 PM   #48
Denny
Veteran

There are also plenty of smart people here like CJ, Pandy, Thaskalos and others like even AA, though we don't get along, I still like to read what he has to say.

You just aren't one of them Mike.

I'll comment with people I think have a clue and don't call names, which is a sign of ignorance.

You, I will just ignore as much as possible.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #49
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm pretty sure if I put up a poll, you'd win the "Who's more clueless" vote if the choices were simply Denny & PA.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #50
Denny
Veteran

My light turned red. I just might cry. Boo hoo hoo.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:49 PM   #51
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Jerry Brown's, to name just one.
Come on...for one, I doubt Jerry Brown was interested. For two, what would that have cost compared to Beyer?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 12:07 AM   #52
steveb

i was enjoying reading this thread until....
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 12:13 AM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's a NY thing. We don't put up with BS all that well.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:34 AM   #54
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
No wonder you need donations to keep it going.
Instead of betting $100 on that next winner of yours, bet $98 and toss $2 towards the best horse racing forum on the internet. And really, the only horse racing forum on the internet (with any appreciable action).

No shame in giving people a way to show a little appreciation for what I've been doing the past 19 years. Lord knows I've appreciated each and every person who's taken the time to contribute here.

But for the record, I don't need donations to keep it going. I'll keep it going as long as it's interesting. And vapid opinions like yours definitely keep it interesting.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-10-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:43 AM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And one last thing...

For those of you thinking, hey PA, you sure were hard on ol' Denny there...let me just say this.

When you come on here and start trashing two of the biggest horseplayer advocates this game has seen, you're going to see my full wrath. Longtime readers will know I don't go around calling just any ol' shnook an asshole.

But when you start throwing some serious undeserved BS at someone who's had the back of the horseplayer publically, for something like 35 years...

As a writer
As an INNOVATOR (Racing Times)
And from the inside (NYRA / DRF)

You're not going to get away with it...
Old 04-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #56
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
....and that fool Tom who makes jokes all the time to cover for his stupidity.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To avoid having to walk past Denny.

Just like your namesake, the diner, nobody goes to Denny's, they end up there.

YCFS!
Old 04-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #57
Denny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Come on...for one, I doubt Jerry Brown was interested. For two, what would that have cost compared to Beyer?
What are you saying CJ. Racing Times - with the unlimited backing of billionaire Robert Maxwell - took the cheapest option???

But, you could be right. Maybe they did and that's why were still stuck with the lousy BS Figures.

There was plenty of talk back in the day of DRF going with Brown's figures.

Were you around then. I was.

----

Who's right on Justijy.

Vosburgh did an analysis and came up with a 110.
(There's a youtube on it.)

DRF gave him a 107.

BRIS a 116.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #58
Grits

Quote:
There are also plenty of smart people here like CJ, Pandy, Thaskalos and others like even AA, though we don't get along, I still like to read what he has to say.

You just aren't one of them Mike.

I'll comment with people I think have a clue and don't call names, which is a sign of ignorance.

You, I will just ignore as much as possible.
The rest of us, aside from those you've mentioned may be ignorant, stupid, etc, etc. However, we're wise enough to know that our participation here is possible, all these many years, because the guy who is named after the site ...OWNS THE SITE!

You have made a fool of yourself with some grossly unfortunate choices. Some horrific assumptions in your comments. It is my fervent hope that you will be made to leave. You do not warrant the privilege of participating at Pace Advantage.

Absolutely no one in their right mind would knock an individual who was as gravely ill as Stephen Crist was during the time he was hospitalized. No one would question what this man, or anyone else, would choose to do with their time following such an event. NO ONE.

As far as Beyer, you read like just another malcontent.

Many of your type have come in the door here. Sooner or later, they show themselves. Meanwhile, we usually recognize them as soon as they write, "When I was making my own figures."

You owe these gentlemen an apology.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #59
pandy

Quote:
When i made my own figures. All I needed was an accurate track variant to outperform the ballyhooed BSFigures in DRF.

i just did NYRA. Aqueduct Inner was the best since all the races were dirt and most were at the same distances.

I gave up with the proliferation of turf racing.

Don't know that i can trust any figures today with such small samples to work with. Plus the multiple conditions for eligibility.

Why I much prefer Harness Racing now and only bet about 1/10 what i used to on the runners.
_____

Pandy, Agree on using multiple sources. I use both HE and TM figures.

PS. Always read your picks on the P4, but, why did you key the favorite as a single last week. thought you said NEVER bet the favorite to Win?
I said never to bet the favorite to win, as a win bet, but that sometimes you have to use the favorites in exotics. But, that was on a thoroughbred thread, and I meant that for thoroughbreds, not harness. Harness racing is much different, and you can win betting favorites.

But, that being said, as a public handicapper, my picks that I give the public are based on a combination of which horse I think will win and which horse I think is the best value. I have to pick the favorites that I think are going to win, otherwise, my win percentage would be too low and I wouldn't be doing picks because no one would hire me. But that doesn't mean that I bet the favorites.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #60
Exotic1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Come on Denny, tell the truth. You can't afford Jerry Brown's figures...and you know it. If you could afford Brown's figures...then you wouldn't be complaining about the price of the DRF.

Beyer's figures were the best affordable figures at that time...even if you deny it.
In terms of predictive value, it's possible that Thorograph numbers are more predictive than Beyer's, though I'm not certain of that at all. Years ago, there was an effort to compare speed fig/performance fig from different providers. In terms of making money, that's something else entirely. One of the problems with making money with Beyer is that mutuel prices have come down b/c of just how good they are. This is not a knock on TG #'s at all. Obviously, they are very good. Just pointing out the obvious that predictive value and making money seem to be three different things.

Last edited by Exotic1; 04-10-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply