Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #1
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

No More Masks In UK....Restrictions Are Over

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2022, 01:47 PM   #2
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
I am happy for the British People. That Clown can take a long walk off a short pier.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:50 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 01-20-2022, 10:30 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 01-20-2022, 10:41 AM   #5
myohmyjustify

I find it hilarious that Boris Johnson made this mask change after weeks of U.K. media assaulting him on 1--having wine and beer parties in private with all guests mask less; 2--calls for his resigination on both his handling of the covid crisis and his personal failings and shortcomings, and finally, 3--facing a possible Tory party revolution that's been whispered about as well.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2022, 11:38 AM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
I find it hilarious that Boris Johnson made this mask change after weeks of U.K. media assaulting him on 1--having wine and beer parties in private with all guests mask less; 2--calls for his resigination on both his handling of the covid crisis and his personal failings and shortcomings, and finally, 3--facing a possible Tory party revolution that's been whispered about as well.
He could have bombed an aspirin factory…….in some far away African country
Old 01-20-2022, 04:48 PM   #7
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
He could have bombed an aspirin factory…….in some far away African country

How did you hear about Boris' 2nd option??
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2022, 06:37 PM   #8
boxcar

Ireland Jumps the Covid-Vaxx Ship Too

Ireland to End Most CCP Virus Restrictions, Including COVID Passport

https://www.theepochtimes.com/irelan...11yzC08qoPI%3D

It looks like this covid thingy is unraveling, in spite of a recent dire Fauci warning, that there will be 5 phases to it, and we're still in phase 1 here in the U.S.
Old 01-22-2022, 04:59 PM   #9
snappit

First of all it's not the UK it's England. Scotland, Wales and Nothern Ireland make their own rules on this.

This is not anything to do with Johnson and his cronies wanting to end restrictions but about Johnson trying to save his own miserable skin.

The whole country was in lockdown and people died on their own unable to see relatives, attendance at funerals were limited, people were being prosecuted for things like meeting one other person for a coffee in a park. In 2020 both my mother and step father passed away. I wasn't allowed to go and see them for months and only got to to see my mother for the first time in months on the morning she died. I stayed with my step father for a month before he was taken to hospital. We weren't allowed to visit him and he died two months later, alone. I wasn't even allowed to visit the funeral home. Both funerals were limited and we weren't even allowed to sing. All this time the very people who made these rules were partying and ignoring the rules they put in place. One rule for them and another for the rest. Johnson has lied and lied again. He first said he hadn't broken the rules but it was then discovered that not only did he know about the parties but even attended some. In one of them one of his aides sent out an email invitation to people to attend one of the parties and asking for people to bring their own booze. There is now evidence that people in 10 Downing St were going to the local Tesco filling suitcases with beer.

One Tory has now crossed the floor to the Labour party, a very rare occurence. It has now been found out that Conservative MP's were being blackmailed into supporting Johnson over this. One MP was told by whips if he didn't support Johnson the government would withdraw funding for a new school in his constituency.

I'm not a conservative and have always voted Labour but have still respected many conservatives, including prime ministers as fundemental decent people but have nothing but contempt for the devious, lying, corrupt c**t we have as PM at the moment. Don't be decieved by his acting the bumbling, lovable person, it is all a carefully crafted act. At the last election just two years ago the Conservatives won 163 more seats than Labour, a huge landslide. Today Labour are 14 points ahead in the polls, a truly amazing swing.

Johnsons whole period in power has been a disaster. One of his MP's had to resign after it was found out he was being paid to lobby for companies who were paying him to do so. Illegal. Brexit has been a disaster for us, companies are going bust due to difficulties in exporting and today it is reported there are 17km queue's of lorries at channel ports waiting to have documentation processed. Shop shelves are empty due to lack of people to drive lorries and work in warehouses as European workers are going home. Today it has come out that one of his MP's was dismissed from her ministerial job because her 'muslimness' was making colleagues uncomfortable.

People are now totally fed up with this clown and his lies. At the last election, just two years ago, the Conservatives won 163 more seats than Labour, a huge landslide. Today Labour are 14 points ahead in the polls, a truly amazing swing.
snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2022, 05:36 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Sounds a lot like the USA here under Biden the past 12 months. We are suffering many of the same things as you guys.

So glad the liberal Democrat made such a difference here in the US.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:37 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

PS. the BIGGEST problem this world has, today, is that ZERO politicians have the BALLS to simply do WHAT IS RIGHT.

like not lockdown entire nations and **** up economies and jobs for everyone...pushing inflation sky high...and resulting in supply shortages and supply chain fiascos.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-22-2022 at 05:39 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2022, 05:35 PM   #12
snappit

More news today. The Met Police have announced they are now (at last) going to hold an investigation into potential law breaking in Downing Street. They have said this is because of evidence passed to them by Sue Gray the civil servant who is heading the official investigation and evidence from the met's own police officers, presumably those who were guarding Downing St. It is almost unprecedented that the police are investigating the government.

More revelations have also come out that there was a birthday get together at Downing St of 30 people including, Johnson, his wife and his interior decorator. They had pre-arranged food, birthday cake and singing, all in defiance of the law at the time.

The Sue Gray report is due to be published tomorrow, but suprise, suprise is unlikey to be published before Prime Ministers questions at midday so Johnson can't be questioned on it. I am skeptical of this report though because it has been ordered by Johnson and will be given to him. Sue Gray is one of his direct reports. A bit like me doing an investigation on my manager at work and giving him the results. I am also skeptical of the met investigation and believe it should be done by a different police force. It is met police officers who guard Downing St and they did nothing at the time.
snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: