Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 05-11-2021, 05:10 PM   #1
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

19 Valuable Horse Racing Betting Systems

Decided to actually follow forum protocol, and put this book review in the book review section. I used to do quite a few book and software reviews--until a couple readers got p'od at me for recommending a book/software, whatever. Oh...and also evidently they didn't get rich.

Here's a book by a fellow named Ken Osterman--don't know if he is/was related to the late handicapper and writer Tim Osterman (I'm guessing he is)
19 VALUABLE HORSE RACING BETTING SYSTEMS

Pretty interesting little book with some betting methods, as well as handicapping systems and angles. This, and a couple other of Ken's books are available for a couple bucks on Amazon Kindle (and the Kindle Reader is free). I just bought the paperback version because reading on kindle just gives me a headache.

This book has methods on Thoroughbreds, Quarter Horses, and a couple Harness methods. There's a few neat long-shot angles, an Australian Betting Method, and by-God there is even a tote-board method!.

This book is well-worth the almost free Kindle price, and I think I paid maybe $10 bucks for the paperback version.

Osterman's got a couple other books out, along the same subject--that are interesting as well. Check 'em out--the price is right.

-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #2
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Thanks for the heads up
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2021, 04:07 AM   #3
jim michalak

19 valuable horse racing betting systems

greg: i checked it out and wound up buying it. thanks for the tip, greg!
jim michalak is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2021, 11:03 PM   #4
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim michalak View Post
greg: i checked it out and wound up buying it. thanks for the tip, greg!
No sweat, Jim...if you try out any of his angles, etc, give us a report if you would. He has a wagering method ("modified D'Alambert") that isn't necessarily for horses, but seems like it could be...betting solid favorites.
-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #5
Dave Schwartz

Since I buy everything that MIGHT contain a new idea, I bought it as well.

I shall report back.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #6
lamboguy

i bought it with gift cards that I have from Amazon.... thanks
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2021, 08:30 AM   #7
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Since I buy everything that MIGHT contain a new idea, I bought it as well.

I shall report back.
Color me curious. I have been researching systems lately so I'd be interested in what people have to say about this book. In general, systems leave a lot to be desired; most are worse than Granny's hat-pin method of handicapping.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:30 PM   #8
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Decided to actually follow forum protocol, and put this book review in the book review section. I used to do quite a few book and software reviews--until a couple readers got p'od at me for recommending a book/software, whatever. Oh...and also evidently they didn't get rich.

Here's a book by a fellow named Ken Osterman--don't know if he is/was related to the late handicapper and writer Tim Osterman (I'm guessing he is)
19 VALUABLE HORSE RACING BETTING SYSTEMS

Pretty interesting little book with some betting methods, as well as handicapping systems and angles. This, and a couple other of Ken's books are available for a couple bucks on Amazon Kindle (and the Kindle Reader is free). I just bought the paperback version because reading on kindle just gives me a headache.

This book has methods on Thoroughbreds, Quarter Horses, and a couple Harness methods. There's a few neat long-shot angles, an Australian Betting Method, and by-God there is even a tote-board method!.

This book is well-worth the almost free Kindle price, and I think I paid maybe $10 bucks for the paperback version.

Osterman's got a couple other books out, along the same subject--that are interesting as well. Check 'em out--the price is right.

-NCG
A big Thank You, NorCalGreg. I have rediscovered collecting these kinds of books during the Pandemic period...and pretty much not being able to attend any Racing.
Old 06-05-2021, 01:02 PM   #9
horseplayer

Thanx
horseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply