Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 01-13-2022, 06:33 PM   #151
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasone View Post
Never paid any attention to the weights so never bothered to figure it out.
While I think it generally doesn't make much difference how much weight a horses is carrying, the high weighted horses are the ones that match the condition. So, that's one of the quickest handicapping aids there is.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:03 AM   #152
wiretowire68

Okay, let me get this straight. The data posted on Brisnet's old website or past performances, these are the inputs for each column?. So I am starting off with a blank google sheet. I purchase the Brisnet(presuming the cheap 1 dollar version for which you can use the pp generator similar to Post Time Daily, Formulator whereby you can swith some of the line etc.) However, where I am lost.. so all these different words in their for what is written i.e. lasix, horses weight jockey running lines, etc, etc. What am I doing here, once I have the pp from Brisnet and I have unzipped it or downloaded it. I am then uploading as csv. file to google sheet. So once again, I have all of these cells jammed with data. How am I reshaping this into a template or so that once I have completed this, the next time I purchase the pp. it just inserts nicely so I can then start configuring to how or the way I want to do it i.e. experimentation. The question am I asking is the data that has been put on here. How is that typed ( into each column.i.e. column one the number of the horse, etc.)

Or are you talking about seperating each sets of data in the pp and creating different macros or sheets for each piece of data that it contains????????

Chuck . P.S. today using this format with doing my bris figures and fractional/pace charting. I picked 3 winners today and two seconds in a cheap tourney today at Horse Tourneys. 3 alternative horses I chose 2 ran 1st and 1 ran 2nd. while I had two other horses as main choice run third. Last race at Gulfstream cold bang on 1-7 as my two picks and old style handicapping mixed in with the old Ray Taulbot way of thinking whereby cheap Mcl 20 races are what they are, so I used Belate in my tourney at going off at 32-1 wishing I had bet the horse in the last race at the Big A. All the numbers and pace etc and running lines can be inputted but sometimes you have to use that random mentality and see a jockey came back second start, brings in long shots once in a while and see the horse had closed ground in his first start. And wammo closed from far back.

Again, I am trying to learn insert the pps that I have purchased not ones that are given free by tourney sites(I am told you can not use these.. DRF does code protect those once downloaded) I however, do not see that in Brisnet files when I insert into google sheet) The big deal again, is to learn how to insert the sheet ala(Raybo-JCapper HTR etc. into my spreadsheet and to teach it my angles just like everyone else but for me) I will then take what I have developed and ask a software developing friend to see if it is possible to design this. Its a project. There are many companies that do this. I however, am also wanting to learn, hence, inserting and playing with algo's i.e. like model building/ speed regression etc. etc. So looking to have someone on here go over it step by step once I have downloaded..so I again was asking since there are 1400 columns in Bris........where do I start......
Is that the pdf download somebody posted on or the one Ranchwest has added. I do not have Excel.. right now not working..so will not buy or purchase. I will once working maybe..secondly... there are so many sites offering services both for price and free of service to switch documents around. I am running windows 10 on my 2 and 1 laptop. I hope someone or somebody here can again be patient with me...step by step.........

Chuck

P.s.s. also decided to start recording my own times from equibase and build my own pars. doing it for three tracks right now. So right doing by typing in all races from each card and simply putting fractions into the sheets for each class. Great so far because it allows u when handicapping to simply take a look and see which class and how the track is playing.. I like it, I know it is old school but would also ask, in terms of Pars these days, i.e. Cythia Publishing, Dave Scwartz...do they do it by each class or more depth in terms of age, type of race etc. Anybody with an old pars book or copy.. Would love to see how they are done. The old way was to use the track record to create variant and speed figs.etc.

Thanks

Chuck
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2022, 02:38 AM   #153
ranchwest

I just barely know my way around spreadsheets with the basics. I'll help if I can, but for the most part I'd be just as likely to steer you wrong. I have a handicapping program that I wrote, but not with a spreadsheet.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:13 AM   #154
vegasone

So looking to have someone on here go over it step by step once I have downloaded..so I again was asking since there are 1400 columns in Bris........where do I start......

If you intend to keep using the Bris $1 files, you may want to try their multi file format. It was created a long time ago because there were not many databases that would take that many columns. I still convert the single file into the old DRF multi-file type automatically, before inputting into a database.

Not as easy but you can write a routine then to pull out the relevant columns into one spreadsheet.
vegasone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2022, 03:04 PM   #155
wiretowire68

Is there a way to format the time or the duration in google sheets. Instead of the date: 24 hour clock and removing the hours to just minutes and seconds. i.e. how do you type in?
Old 01-14-2022, 05:27 PM   #156
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
Is there a way to format the time or the duration in google sheets. Instead of the date: 24 hour clock and removing the hours to just minutes and seconds. i.e. how do you type in?
Multiple it by 86,400...first, format the destination cell as number.

Attached Images
File Type: png NUMBER.PNG (10.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-15-2022, 11:19 PM   #157
wiretowire68

thank you tom
Old 01-15-2022, 11:22 PM   #158
wiretowire68

Hey. Does anyone know how pars are done. I was just wondering if they are done by each class or is it taken from the best time for each distance for the year.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:59 PM   #159
wiretowire68

does anyone have

i tried to download alldata into my computer and unzip into my excel spreadsheet and it told me the alldata files are corrupt. does anyone have a clean copy of this that can be used on latest excel spreadsheets and who can explain how to put this into my excell?
Old 01-31-2022, 03:07 PM   #160
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
i tried to download alldata into my computer and unzip into my excel spreadsheet and it told me the alldata files are corrupt. does anyone have a clean copy of this that can be used on latest excel spreadsheets and who can explain how to put this into my excell?
The second one is your download file...

Click file...YOUR Excel should open it.....

Also its a ZIP file....do you have an Unzipping Utility....

there is nothing wrong with the file

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (47.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 01-31-2022 at 03:10 PM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply