Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 01-11-2022, 02:40 PM   #106
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
I knew the answer. It was a quiz. The bolded and italicized data is at 1192-1201, but you have to decode the data.
The company codes are the only codes not explained in the file.

Y is a bold font horse who has raced before with a horse today.

I is a horse Italicized who came back and won but is not in today's race.

II two horses italicized who came back and won but are not in today's race.

III three horses italicized who came back and won but are not in today's race.

C is a bold font horse who won is italicized and is in today's race.

There are also combos of the above such as YI or IIY (self expalnatory)

This is a field I use in my program. It gave me the $14 winner in the last race @GG on Sunday. He was coming out of an italicized horse in its company line, whom he beat.

I also data base these factors in Excel. A horse with that lone factor (italicized) wins 33% of the time based in my protocol of lengths behind the italicized horse you can be to qualify. Then there are horses who have that italicized factor but have other factors which dilute their potency such as negative drops or no workouts in ages,negative trainer changes, etc.

This is an example of why I created my own program and really its not that hard to program your protocols in Excel or even Google sheets.

Last edited by Light; 01-11-2022 at 02:45 PM.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 03:20 PM   #107
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
The company codes are the only codes not explained in the file.

Y is a bold font horse who has raced before with a horse today.

I is a horse Italicized who came back and won but is not in today's race.

II two horses italicized who came back and won but are not in today's race.

III three horses italicized who came back and won but are not in today's race.

C is a bold font horse who won is italicized and is in today's race.

There are also combos of the above such as YI or IIY (self expalnatory)

This is a field I use in my program. It gave me the $14 winner in the last race @GG on Sunday. He was coming out of an italicized horse in its company line, whom he beat.

I also data base these factors in Excel. A horse with that lone factor (italicized) wins 33% of the time based in my protocol of lengths behind the italicized horse you can be to qualify. Then there are horses who have that italicized factor but have other factors which dilute their potency such as negative drops or no workouts in ages,negative trainer changes, etc.

This is an example of why I created my own program and really its not that hard to program your protocols in Excel or even Google sheets.
If the company codes are the only ones not explained in the file, why does 1375-1382 say Reserved when I find the data from 1378-1382 in the PP pdf files?
Old 01-11-2022, 03:26 PM   #108
ranchwest

Light, there is a code that rarely precedes the I, Y and C codes. Do you know what that designation is? Someone suggested it may be some sort of foreign designation, but I have been unable to confirm that. I am referring to the first character position of the 4 characters. There are none of these today, but there are sometimes a few in a week.

Last edited by ranchwest; 01-11-2022 at 03:34 PM.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 03:49 PM   #109
wiretowire68

Seperate question regarding the sheets and function in terms of my knowledge. I am trying to type in the Beaten Lengths in my cell using the Brohamer/Sartin method in terms of fps. So if my fraction is 1Call or 1st Fraction is 22.2 and the horse is 3.5 lengths off the lead and I want to add that into the cell. It is a constantly changing value for the calls based on lengths behind or in the lead or from 1st call to 2nd. etc. My question is how do I write that in my function on that cell where I am typing in the BL. So = 1320-(BL*10)/T1. Do I have to constantly change this value for every horse or can I make this function a set for each horse for every call?

Chuck
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 04:41 PM   #110
wiretowire68

P.S. I get google sheets through my gmail accounts. So when I go into my sheets app, it does not have macros, I had to add script editor which allows for writing your own functions and I have to go to you tube on how to write the code to allow for a macro as an add-on.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:55 PM   #111
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
Seperate question regarding the sheets and function in terms of my knowledge. I am trying to type in the Beaten Lengths in my cell using the Brohamer/Sartin method in terms of fps. So if my fraction is 1Call or 1st Fraction is 22.2 and the horse is 3.5 lengths off the lead and I want to add that into the cell. It is a constantly changing value for the calls based on lengths behind or in the lead or from 1st call to 2nd. etc. My question is how do I write that in my function on that cell where I am typing in the BL. So = 1320-(BL*10)/T1. Do I have to constantly change this value for every horse or can I make this function a set for each horse for every call?

Chuck
Each cell will have a unique formula pertaining to each fraction...

Also note that unless your only looking at 6 furlong races your formula wont work on other distances...

Cell should be ....... =((fur x 660) - (BL*10))/T1 will come out to 57.88

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 01-11-2022 at 07:58 PM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 08:31 PM   #112
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Each cell will have a unique formula pertaining to each fraction...

Also note that unless your only looking at 6 furlong races your formula wont work on other distances...

Cell should be ....... =((fur x 660) - (BL*10))/T1 will come out to 57.88
Different people use different values for number of feet in a length. I see you are using 10. I use 8. Some use 9.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:44 PM   #113
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Different people use different values for number of feet in a length. I see you are using 10. I use 8. Some use 9.
I believe he's going by the book..

It really doesn't matter because all the formulas will be consistent anyway..

Mike

PS- All this hes dabbling in is just a learning process and won't amount to much
because its stuff from 30 years ago...
unless he has a magic formula

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 01-11-2022 at 08:49 PM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2022, 09:06 PM   #114
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
I believe he's going by the book..

It really doesn't matter because all the formulas will be consistent anyway..

Mike

PS- All this hes dabbling in is just a learning process and won't amount to much
because its stuff from 30 years ago...
unless he has a magic formula
It matters because it associates the value of beaten lengths.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:29 AM   #115
Light
Veteran

Quote:
If the company codes are the only ones not explained in the file, why does 1375-1382 say Reserved when I find the data from 1378-1382 in the PP pdf files?
What data do you see in the PDF for 1375-1382?

Quote:
Light, there is a code that rarely precedes the I, Y and C codes. Do you know what that designation is? Someone suggested it may be some sort of foreign designation, but I have been unable to confirm that. I am referring to the first character position of the 4 characters. There are none of these today, but there are sometimes a few in a week.
I don't believe I've come across something like that. You'd have to tell me what the designation is.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:38 AM   #116
wiretowire68

I was just wondering, so if you are doing FPS Sartin/Brohamer, then it is up to you type the function. I understand. You know the whole length is a great discussion because if you look at 2 year old fillies, many are smaller so you could do 8 or 9 or 10. If you look at 3 colts, you could stay at 10. I have not decided if I am going to put it into my work. Fractional Charting is fine with me. I was just curious in sheets if you could type in the formulas in terms of sprints and routes and you spit out the velociities without all the typing.

Secondly, I was wrong.... Google Sheets does have macros... So another thing t to learn in terms of pp.s. which will be next. lol. Fun and interesting learning excel/sheets. Has anyone ever read Precision by Cx Wong regarding his statistical methods and probabilities using excel for building speed tables for your self as well as his probability factors for linear regression etc.. I have it, again, a work in progress.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:14 AM   #117
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
What data do you see in the PDF for 1375-1382?

I don't believe I've come across something like that. You'd have to tell me what the designation is.
1378-1382 is jockey/trainer in 14 days, at least in the Multicaps files. This data appears in the Quick Play PP's and possibly others.

For the company line data, the first character (of 4) can be an ampersand ("&"). Not certain what it means.

So, my point is that there are some undocumented columns.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:18 AM   #118
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
I was just wondering, so if you are doing FPS Sartin/Brohamer, then it is up to you type the function. I understand. You know the whole length is a great discussion because if you look at 2 year old fillies, many are smaller so you could do 8 or 9 or 10. If you look at 3 colts, you could stay at 10. I have not decided if I am going to put it into my work. Fractional Charting is fine with me. I was just curious in sheets if you could type in the formulas in terms of sprints and routes and you spit out the velociities without all the typing.

Secondly, I was wrong.... Google Sheets does have macros... So another thing t to learn in terms of pp.s. which will be next. lol. Fun and interesting learning excel/sheets. Has anyone ever read Precision by Cx Wong regarding his statistical methods and probabilities using excel for building speed tables for your self as well as his probability factors for linear regression etc.. I have it, again, a work in progress.
I doubt if chart callers are providing different lengths assignments for different age horses. I would stick with one distance for a length.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:22 AM   #119
ranchwest

I also noticed today that the trainer date columns are not that data for LAD today, presumably because they were running QH's.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:24 AM   #120
Light
Veteran

Quote:
1378-1382 is jockey/trainer in 14 days, at least in the Multicaps files. This data appears in the Quick Play PP's and possibly others.

For the company line data, the first character (of 4) can be an ampersand ("&"). Not certain what it means.

So, my point is that there are some undocumented columns.
Perhaps that is true for the Multicap files but since I don't use those data files, I don't know. You could call Bris and ask which I had to do to find out what the undocumented company line codes meant.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: