Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-02-2022, 07:00 PM   #16
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Milk price increases might be a drop in the bucket in regards to inflation, but factor it in to grocery price increases across the board, higher home heating costs, higher electric bills, higher gasoline prices, higher insurance premiums and deductibles, higher costs of vehicle purchases, higher home buyer costs, increased rents, higher durable goods costs and it adds up to families struggling to make ends meet.

For someone like mostie, someone who probably gets all kinds of government subsidies like food stamps, medicare, rent subsidies, heat and electric subsidies and some VA assistance, an overly generous postal pension, why would he give a flying **** if the next guy is struggling. Mostie a self centered SOB.
For all we know, mostie might have money to burn. What makes you think that he qualifies for food stamps, and other government subsidies?
Old 01-02-2022, 07:09 PM   #17
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
For all we know, mostie might have money to burn. What makes you think that he qualifies for food stamps, and other government subsidies?

Ya, he's probably a trust fund baby.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2022, 07:12 PM   #18
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Milk price increases might be a drop in the bucket in regards to inflation, but factor it in to grocery price increases across the board, higher home heating costs, higher electric bills, higher gasoline prices, higher insurance premiums and deductibles, higher costs of vehicle purchases, higher home buyer costs, increased rents, higher durable goods costs and it adds up to families struggling to make ends meet.

For someone like mostie, someone who probably gets all kinds of government subsidies like food stamps, medicare, rent subsidies, heat and electric subsidies and some VA assistance, an overly generous postal pension, why would he give a flying **** if the next guy is struggling. Mostie a self centered SOB.
I have never used or received Food Stamps in my life. My rent is paid by me with no help from anyone else. The heat in my apartment is paid by the landlord, and I am quite certain he takes that into account when he determines what rent I should pay.
I pay my electric bill, every center of it, and I have never in my life contacted the VA for any reason.

I have Medicare part A for which I paid out of every paycheck over many years of working.

My postal pension is something that I earned. It was not given to me. But I understand that you are bitter and envious. I understand that you are not getting as much as I am, because you were too dumb to speak up for yourself. Too willing to believe the anti union propaganda. Too naive to question the lies of the billionaires.
Old 01-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #19
mostpost

Quote:
I don’t qualify for any of those. Nor do I have money to burn. I did have a good job with good benefits. Something everyone is entitled to. Of course this makes jimmy B angry and envious. But he has no one to blame but himself.
Old 01-02-2022, 07:25 PM   #20
mostpost

Here’s another thing just to rub it in. My pension has a Cost of Living clause. I will be getting an extra $190.00 a month starting this month. Again, that is something I earned working for the United States Postal Service. Not something I was given.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:27 PM   #21
MargieRose

Quote:
Fear not. The Republicans will rescue America in 2024.
America WAS rescued on November 4, 2016. I have no doubt that you enjoyed the prosperity of the three and one half years that followed. If people have learned a lesson and can manage to screw their heads on straight, we can prosper equally once again.

This time, for ALL of us: "What have you got to lose?"
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2022, 08:37 PM   #22
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I have never used or received Food Stamps in my life. My rent is paid by me with no help from anyone else. The heat in my apartment is paid by the landlord, and I am quite certain he takes that into account when he determines what rent I should pay.
I pay my electric bill, every center of it, and I have never in my life contacted the VA for any reason.

I have Medicare part A for which I paid out of every paycheck over many years of working.

My postal pension is something that I earned. It was not given to me. But I understand that you are bitter and envious. I understand that you are not getting as much as I am, because you were too dumb to speak up for yourself. Too willing to believe the anti union propaganda. Too naive to question the lies of the billionaires.
Mostie...it pleases me greatly that you are in a sound financial position. And I wish you a long and healthy life so you can fully enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:55 PM   #23
jimmyb

[QUOTE=mostpost;2777584]I don’t qualify for any of those. Nor do I have money to burn. I did have a good job with good benefits. Something everyone is entitled to. Of course this makes jimmy B angry and envious. But he has no one to blame but himself.[/QUOTE

I worked a union shop (General Motors) until corporate greed took over. They built 12 plants in Mexico and shut 12 down in the U.S. in a year they netted 3.5 billion. I've always been pissed off about about it, but it proved to be a blessing. Ended up going to college and transferred over to nursing. It was a calling I enjoyed and while not getting rich, helping others did enrich my life. Life ain't always about money.

My guess is the Postal service would have been happy to outsource if they could. Best thing that ever happened is when they took you clowns out of civil service. Made the service more accountable. I'm Looking forward to all these illegals you encourage to come in and take postal jobs and lower costs. It'll make it more compatible with the rest of the working public.

Interesting you claim to be a liberal democrat but have no compassion for families who struggle. It's been mentioned by more than a few that inflation is raising hell for many. You seem to enjoy their struggle.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2022, 11:44 PM   #24
mostpost

[quote=jimmyb;2777611]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I don’t qualify for any of those. Nor do I have money to burn. I did have a good job with good benefits. Something everyone is entitled to. Of course this makes jimmy B angry and envious. But he has no one to blame but himself.[/QUOTE

I worked a union shop (General Motors) until corporate greed took over. They built 12 plants in Mexico and shut 12 down in the U.S. in a year they netted 3.5 billion. I've always been pissed off about about it, but it proved to be a blessing. Ended up going to college and transferred over to nursing. It was a calling I enjoyed and while not getting rich, helping others did enrich my life. Life ain't always about money.

My guess is the Postal service would have been happy to outsource if they could. Best thing that ever happened is when they took you clowns out of civil service. Made the service more accountable. I'm Looking forward to all these illegals you encourage to come in and take postal jobs and lower costs. It'll make it more compatible with the rest of the working public.

Interesting you claim to be a liberal democrat but have no compassion for families who struggle. It's been mentioned by more than a few that inflation is raising hell for many. You seem to enjoy their struggle.
Nursing is a noble profession. Several of my family members and friends were or are nursing. My sister retired after 40 years in the profession. For the last 25 plus years she was a nurse anesthetist. My cousin’s daughter is currently a nurse as are at least three friends. I genuinely admire what you do.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: