Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
billyball

J Rosario

Is their a hotter jock than Joel Rosario?
Old 07-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #2
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyball
Is their a hotter jock than Joel Rosario?
I belive Kieran has won with 6 of his first 8 starters on the Spa and given he kind of rides first call for him he's kind of piggy backing on it.

The more impressive feet is Santana won three yesterday and none paid under $20.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2016, 08:00 PM   #3
luisbe

[QUOTE=

The more impressive feet is Santana won three yesterday and none paid under $20.[/QUOTE]
And the last one did cost me losing the P4 for a nose.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (94.2 KB, 210 views)
luisbe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 03:52 AM   #4
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Daily reminder jockey matters.. Santana is very underrated.. horses finish up for him
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
Daily reminder jockey matters.. Santana is very underrated.. horses finish up for him
Better than dizzy? j/k
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 08:15 AM   #6
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Better than dizzy? j/k
or Lizzy.speaking of which what was up with that ride he gave yesterday from the rail in that turf sprint? There were a couple of gems out there yesterday . but i'm sure you caught them
Old 07-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #7
SuperPickle

Quote:
or Lizzy.speaking of which what was up with that ride he gave yesterday from the rail in that turf sprint? There were a couple of gems out there yesterday . but i'm sure you caught them
Are you talking about Luzzi's ride on the Bruce Brown horse in the turf stake? Because that's an early nominee for worst ride of the meet. He looked like lone speed and essentially broke last. It was cringe worthy.

The only thing even close as bad has been Rosario's rides for Chad Brown. I know he kinds of gets third call behind Irad and Javier but the 2-3 he's ridden so far aren't going to push him up the depth chart.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Are you talking about Luzzi's ride on the Bruce Brown horse in the turf stake? Because that's an early nominee for worst ride of the meet. He looked like lone speed and essentially broke last. It was cringe worthy.

The only thing even close as bad has been Rosario's rides for Chad Brown. I know he kinds of gets third call behind Irad and Javier but the 2-3 he's ridden so far aren't going to push him up the depth chart.
The poor start was on the horse. I don't mind knocking a rider but I don't see what he could have done there.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 05:22 PM   #9
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle

no, i thought that mdn turf sprint where he broke from the rail. broke on top.. grabbed to shift out once horse went along side even tho there was 3 paths available along the rail. then blew turn ended up 7 wide turning for home riding off balance and weak like he needed a candy bar low on energy.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:26 PM   #10
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
That unnecessary sharp angle out on the backstretch was what a rookie does, not a 50 year old.

I see your pain !

I didn't like the ride of the 6 in race 2. Shot out to the lead, intimidated the other speed (the 2)-all great things.

Then the jock took out the steel/choppy hands (Lezcano hands as I call them) and tore the horses head off in a choppy fashion while giving away his advantage.

He gets stressed by the horse he slowed down for and gets caught in a Q2 duel, wins the war but loses the race due to his inability to smoothly handle his mount.

I looked down to see who was riding and was expecting: D Davis or M Luzzi.

It was Manuel Franco. I was truly surprised. Didn't know his hands could be that poor.

I miss Ramon. Gentlest and softest hands in my lifetime.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 07-26-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #11
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Spring to the sky is horse i always liked a lot. needless to say i wish it had Castellano back aboard

Last edited by no breathalyzer; 07-26-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Spring to the sky is horse a always liked a lot. needless to say i wish it had Castellano back aboard
I don't think CC, Ramon or even Angel would've mattered there.

That horse did not break and had no oomph from the gate.

I'm so sick, I actually rewatch head ons to see if 1 stall opened 1/100 slower than others. That horse did have his outside foe come in but was missing that gate speed....

Last edited by EMD4ME; 07-26-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:33 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I don't think CC, Ramon or even Angel would've mattered there.

That horse did not break and had no oomph from the gate.

I'm so sick, I actually rewatch head ons to see if 1 stall opened 1/100 slower than others. That horse did have his outside foe come in but was missing that gate speed....
What did you think of Dendrite the other day?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 05:49 PM   #14
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Me and my track buddies have a saying... in hell all your speed horses break bad, rush up and fade and your closers always run out of ground.

Jomar Torres' ride was a special kind of awful but even if he breaks I'm not convinced he has the kick to hold off the closers. Basically the start cost him 2nd/3rd versus 6th.

Also keep in mind its the inner turf early in the meet. Basically if any decent horse gets a lone lead he should at least split the field given the bias. I've always thought the inner versus outer has a more profound difference at Toga versus Belmont.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:57 PM   #15
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
First, he gave me deja vu of a race where the roof almost broke from my screams of anguish as I watched others choke to give him the lead last year and he wired at huge odds. (moved up wide under stands while others choked their mounts to WWE death on a speed favoring course).

Second, he was not ready for the start when the bonehead starter hit the button as he was visibly shaking his head.

Third, he needs the lead, so good move by the jock in a comfortable early pace to go around and get it.

I see Dendrite as a TRAP, not a TRIP.

He lost his only chance to lead comfortably and then be able to "finish at his peak" with his start. I'll give him that.

Is he a play back to me? Nope. Unless he's 20/1 or so OR his field is putrid next time AND it's on the INNER TURF at the SPA.

I see his "ground loss" but it's not the worst type of ground loss. The race was paceless from the bell. He moved up under the stands in his win last year and was wide on the clubhouse turn last year when he "won". This recent race was worse BUT he proved he can overcome a similar trip.

The 1st quarter was comfortable. If he would've moved up, last to first in a solid or even average 1st quarter, I'd give him some more credence. Was loose and comfortable thereafter, just couldn't keep up with foes.

Not in love with him. Not a horse to follow for me. If there's any other true pace (that a jock allows to run and doesn't grab to death) with him, Dendrite quits and is off the board.