Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-16-2023, 12:20 PM   #1
PalaceOfFortLarned

Netflix: Full Swing

Yes, I'm a golf dork. Played since I was 7, played in college and actually had a 1 handicap at one time, so yes, I love the game.

Netflix just released the "Full Swing" video series and it is phenomenal.

I'm likely way too tuned into the sport I truly love, but it was remarkably done. I was scared it would be cheesy and stupid, but it certainly is not.

10* recommendation.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2023, 03:02 PM   #2
ElKabong

Agree. Just finished watching.

Puts LIV in perspective for me. Other than cam Smith it's populated by has beens and a few that have lost their game and confidence to compete

Really put a positive light on Fitzpatrick, Scheffler, JT, Finau. Liked them before, really like them more after watching

As documented in FS, Rory may have had the most remarkable year in 2022 in the history of the sport. Put a world of pressure on his shoulders, didn't cave in. Lot of respect for him.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2023, 04:23 PM   #3
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I watched more of the Honda last w/e than any tournament so far this year...and about halfway through Sunday I realized that I didn't really miss any of the defectors.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2023, 10:32 PM   #4
ElKabong

Liv> this past weekend's tournament aired on cwtv. 0.4 rating. The Honda (pga) had 7x the viewership.

What little I saw of liv last year was a yawner. To say the competitive level was low would be accurate. It reminded me of flag football vs nfl type of intensity

The documentary highlighted the intensity the tour players endure. It's what draws me in as a viewer. I'm glad non golfers could see that + get to witness the dedication players have to have just to simply compete
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 03-03-2023, 05:56 AM   #5
Bustin Stones

I caution you to withhold judgement on any fledgling operation. The first few years of the AFL were unimpressive. Lots of players who couldn't make NFL rosters. They resorted to gimmicks and playing with rules designed to open the game up, etc. It's what fledgling businesses do. The best way to judge the potential future of LIV is to watch what the PGA changes to better compete. The PGA has expanded its limited engagement, no cut events and bumped up its prize money significantly. The real winners in all of this are the players on all tours who will be taking home a lot more money and enjoying greater guarantees. Money attracts talent and will draw athletes from other sports and professions. For most people, they'd rather watch paint dry than spend time watching golfers compete. That won't change.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2023, 08:35 AM   #6
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

The change for a significant number of events to a 70-80 player no-cut format is duly noted.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2023, 02:55 PM   #7
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
I caution you to withhold judgement on any fledgling operation. The first few years of the AFL were unimpressive. Lots of players who couldn't make NFL rosters. They resorted to gimmicks and playing with rules designed to open the game up, etc. It's what fledgling businesses do. .
For every AFL you have any number of sports leagues that folded. It can be argued, as a fan of the old dallas Texans, who were far better than the cowboys at the time, that the talent gap wasn't that big at all.

Golf learned long ago they appeal to golfers, ex golfers and few else. Fools gold going after non golfers. If you question that, watch CBS or NBC pga tournaments on weekends . Look at the sponsors /ads. They know who their audience is, and will be
Old 03-12-2023, 12:33 AM   #8
ElKabong

Not sure wtf the Saudi golf league is doing this weekend but Min Jee's brother is playing lights out going into the final round of the TPC. Scheffler (my favorite pga player) will have his hands full. Playing lights out but has to keep the pedal to the medal.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: