Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 12-29-2015, 10:28 PM   #16
UltimateBetter

Info

If it was compatible to Jcp files or drf single file or brisnet single drf like most software
UltimateBetter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2015, 08:36 AM   #17
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBetter
If it was compatible to Jcp files or drf single file or brisnet single drf like most software

No it isn't. The Diamond System works with two files, Bris multi data files and Trackmaster exe files. The single file is too big for the Foxpro database program we built the system in and we've done too much work on the system over many years to try to move it to another platform.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #18
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

what paceline

have you guys used the most...T or Q
Old 01-07-2016, 08:22 AM   #19
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey
have you guys used the most...T or Q

I run T, print the consensus box (6), then I run Q and I write down the top 3 on my consensus box so I can compare the rankings of T and Q.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:30 PM   #20
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

7 F races

Do you consider kick on this distance or ESR like a shorter sprint
Old 01-21-2016, 11:51 PM   #21
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey
Do you consider kick on this distance or ESR like a shorter sprint
It depends on how the track is playing. You do not need a horse with a monster KICK rating but you will have a better chance of cashing a win ticket if the horse has at least a competitive kick rating. In that case, it won't have a high ESR but a medium ESR, like a 4 or 5, with a solid kick is a good combination at 7 furlongs.

The new book I'm working on puts the focus on finding horses that can finish but have tactical speed. Let me say this, if you only bet on horses that fit the criteria I'm developing, which has to fit the individual race, you will win consistently. It's taking me time because I'm trying to formulate the methodology for both the Diamond System and regular pp handicapping and maybe even give some tips on how to use it with the sartin style velocity ratings. This will be the best spot play handicapping system ever put in print.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:03 AM   #22
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

thanks

look forward to the book will it be ready by summer? also just getting used to the diamond system . Any additional tips you could give on sprints VS Routes...PAS Rating ? When to lean on diamond Pace & diamond speed.

Thanks BOB
Old 01-22-2016, 12:06 AM   #23
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
The new book I'm working on puts the focus on finding horses that can finish but have tactical speed. Let me say this, if you only bet on horses that fit the criteria I'm developing, which has to fit the individual race, you will win consistently. It's taking me time because I'm trying to formulate the methodology for both the Diamond System and regular pp handicapping and maybe even give some tips on how to use it with the sartin style velocity ratings. This will be the best spot play handicapping system ever put in print.
Why would you sell your best spot play handicapping system to the public? Is there an even better system that you sell privately? Won't this play lose it's edge quickly the more it's exposed? How many plays a year will this method produce? I wish you the best Pandy, as we all make our livelihood's in our own unique ways, but isn't this counter-productive to your own betting interests?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2016, 12:17 AM   #24
thaskalos

Quote:
If this is true...wouldn't the potential profits to be made by using this system at the track far exceed the amount of money the system creator could expect to make by selling his work to the rather small readership of handicapping systems out there?

Last edited by thaskalos; 01-22-2016 at 12:20 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2016, 12:56 AM   #25
DRIVEWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
If this is true...wouldn't the potential profits to be made by using this system at the track far exceed the amount of money the system creator could expect to make by selling his work to the rather small readership of handicapping systems out there?
You would think!
DRIVEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2016, 07:03 AM   #26
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
That's possible. I can only speak for myself, I'm not sure if selling my methods has hurt my personal betting or not, impossible to say, really. I do have a feeling that my Pro Simulcast system, which has been on the market for a long time, causes some horses to go off at lower odds.

But, that's besides the point. I've never wanted to be a professional gambler. My goal since I was a teenager and first started handicapping was to make a living as a professional handicapper and writer while supplementing my income with betting, something that I've accomplished.

Perhaps these goals were too modest, but I found out early in life that I hated working at something that I didn't love doing, and that I preferred to work for myself. Once I discovered handicapping at 17, I thought that would be a fun way to earning a living, so I made that my goal. Since I loved to write, it made sense to pursue this career path. I also found that I loved being an instructor, not only in print, but on TV, radio, and in personal appearances. I've enjoyed meeting and communicating with horseplayers from all over North America, and other countries. Right now I'm working with a Swedish gentleman who is translating one of my harness racing books for sale in Europe. I've also made many friends in the racing industry and met hundreds of people, such as trainers, jockeys, racing executives and journalists, etc., and that's been a great experience.

As for the small readership you've mentioned, there certainly aren't as many horseplayers as there used to be, but my gross sales are actually higher now than they were ten years ago. In terms of book sales alone, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the number one grossing handicapping author in the country. There are people on Amazon that sell more handicapping books than me, but the price of those books is low and the authors don't own the rights.

The new book I'm writing, because of it's originality, and positive testing I've done (live on my website), will have a higher list price than any book I've published.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:11 AM   #27
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I guess answering emails and private PA messages from people that paid for your book must not be high on your list. I purchased your book Speed and Class Handicapping and said in the email that I wanted the PDF version and not the paper back. I then sent you two PA private messages that you read and never got a reply back from you! customer lost!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #28
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure
I guess answering emails and private PA messages from people that paid for your book must not be high on your list. I purchased your book Speed and Class Handicapping and said in the email that I wanted the PDF version and not the paper back. I then sent you two PA private messages that you read and never got a reply back from you! customer lost!

Sorry. I have outstanding customer service and I pride myself on it. However, you did not contact me directly, but through this forum in a private message. These private messages do not send alerts to me. I had no idea that you had messaged me. You can email me at pandy@sharphorses.com or call me directly. The phone number and other contact info is at www.handicappingwinners.com. Sorry about he mistake, I'll gladly send you a pdf version. Do not mail the paperback back. I don't go on this site everyday, customers usually contact me directly.

Last edited by pandy; 01-22-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #29
DRIVEWAY

Quote:
That's possible. I can only speak for myself, I'm not sure if selling my methods has hurt my personal betting or not, impossible to say, really. I do have a feeling that my Pro Simulcast system, which has been on the market for a long time, causes some horses to go off at lower odds.

But, that's besides the point. I've never wanted to be a professional gambler. My goal since I was a teenager and first started handicapping was to make a living as a professional handicapper and writer while supplementing my income with betting, something that I've accomplished.

Perhaps these goals were too modest, but I found out early in life that I hated working at something that I didn't love doing, and that I preferred to work for myself. Once I discovered handicapping at 17, I thought that would be a fun way to earning a living, so I made that my goal. Since I loved to write, it made sense to pursue this career path. I also found that I loved being an instructor, not only in print, but on TV, radio, and in personal appearances. I've enjoyed meeting and communicating with horseplayers from all over North America, and other countries. Right now I'm working with a Swedish gentleman who is translating one of my harness racing books for sale in Europe. I've also made many friends in the racing industry and met hundreds of people, such as trainers, jockeys, racing executives and journalists, etc., and that's been a great experience.

As for the small readership you've mentioned, there certainly aren't as many horseplayers as there used to be, but my gross sales are actually higher now than they were ten years ago. In terms of book sales alone, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the number one grossing handicapping author in the country. There are people on Amazon that sell more handicapping books than me, but the price of those books is low and the authors don't own the rights.

The new book I'm writing, because of it's originality, and positive testing I've done (live on my website), will have a higher list price than any book I've published.

Wow. Congrats.

Making a living betting the horses is a great accomplishment. What percentage of your income is from wagering?
DRIVEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2016, 05:22 PM   #30
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEWAY
Wow. Congrats.

Making a living betting the horses is a great accomplishment. What percentage of your income is from wagering?

Thanks, but I don't make a living betting the horses. My percentage of income from betting has dropped by about 8% since PA. stopped the rebates, much more selective now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: