Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #361
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post
You must have missed this line...
It's a worthless question. Don't act like I've never said a kind word about Obama. And I've already called Judd a very strong, non-snowflake woman (well, except when it comes to outing Weinstein).

I would call those lyrics lame no matter who he was rapping about.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #362
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

"FiveThirtyEight documented that between 1989 and 2014, 19% of song lyrics about Trump were negative while 60% were positive."

At least 200 songs...prior to his run for presidency...60% positive...hilarious...
Old 10-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #363
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You sound just as vindictive as you make Trump out to be....
Vindictive? No. Sarcastic? Affirmative. I believe Trump stuck his nose into the NFL issue because the owners rejected him years ago when he tried to buy the Bills. So when he defines what being a patriot means it's laughable to me. He dodged the draft. He's just being a dick now, because he can.
Protest by definition isn't supposed to be comfortable. This is a peaceful protest for a cause many players ( white or black) felt was justified. Taking a knee doesn't mean you hate America. It means right now you have problems with the way things are done. If you're offended, cool. Don't watch. I'm sure there are millions of you. There are tens of millions that will still watch. Everything is politicized too much these days. Especially here at this website. 75% are sheep here. Either right or left. Can't think for themselves and just spew the Rush Limbaugh or Rachel Maddow ideologies. Yawn.
I'm beginning to think instead of 50 stars on the flag we should put 50 businesses. Seems we've become a business instead of a country.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #364
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Vindictive? No. Sarcastic? Affirmative. I believe Trump stuck his nose into the NFL issue because the owners rejected him years ago when he tried to buy the Bills. So when he defines what being a patriot means it's laughable to me. He dodged the draft. He's just being a dick now, because he can.
Protest by definition isn't supposed to be comfortable. This is a peaceful protest for a cause many players ( white or black) felt was justified. Taking a knee doesn't mean you hate America. It means right now you have problems with the way things are done. If you're offended, cool. Don't watch. I'm sure there are millions of you. There are tens of millions that will still watch. Everything is politicized too much these days. Especially here at this website. 75% are sheep here. Either right or left. Can't think for themselves and just spew the Rush Limbaugh or Rachel Maddow ideologies. Yawn.
I'm beginning to think instead of 50 stars on the flag we should put 50 businesses. Seems we've become a business instead of a country.
He tried to buy the Bills 3 years ago and was outbid. You may be referring to his lawsuit back in the 80’s when he owned the Generals of USFL and won a lawsuit vs NFL and was awarded $1 Trebled to $3
Old 10-11-2017, 05:48 PM   #365
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

One of the brain-dead players is upset that the NFL is finally going to listen to its CUSTOMERs instead of uts hired help.
He says being told he has to stand during the the anthem is very plantation like!!!!

What a disgusting POS this jerk is.
And it shows just how little these jerks know about the whole deal.
SLAVES were not paid millions of dollars to do what they were told. and no player is forced to play in the NFL. Minimizing slavery to a POS football player's bitchiness is unacceptable. And shows what a spoiled little baby he is.

No one has a constitutional right to free speech at a football game.
Congress is not telling them to stand, the guys who PAY their ridiculous salaries are - and damn rightfully so. NO likely, hit the road.

You protest your stupid causes on your own time, not your bosses.
Grow up, pea brains. Maybe few mores classes a few less scrimmages and you would know what your rights are, loser.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:48 PM   #366
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Protest by definition isn't supposed to be comfortable. This is a peaceful protest for a cause many players ( white or black) felt was justified.
Then they should do it on their own time and their own dime. In the immortal words of Bill Belichick, "Do your job."

They have no more right to protest at an NFL game than the anitfa bullies have to interrupt meetings or speeches or classes. And they are hurting their own cause a lot more than they are helping it. A big reason for that is that they are addressing the wrong audience. They aren't making any converts, but they are getting a lot of people to think that they are overpaid prima donnas.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #367
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
This is a peaceful protest for a cause many players ( white or black) felt was justified.
Then do it on their own time.
Why should I have to put up their BS?
Their cause is BS and they are BS for doing in the face of people do not agree with them.

Will not if can become uncomfortable...for them, as the NFL has listened to OUR protests by tuning out. It is costing them money.
The player can now learn what it meas to have a boss.

Trump was 100% right to call out the trash that is the players.
He represents many millions of people who gave up loved ones for the right to fly that flag. WE applaud him, whatever his personal reasons.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:39 PM   #368
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Trump was 100% right to call out the trash that is the players. He represents many millions of people who gave up loved ones for the right to fly that flag.
So the "right to fly that flag" is important, but the rights that flag represents aren't?

To still not get that is beyond obtuse.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #369
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
So the "right to fly that flag" is important, but the rights that flag represents aren't?

No one is denying that the players have the right to protest.
But NOT on the NFL's time. That is what their free time is for.
Dan, how long do you think you stay working if you took a knee at work every time you felt pissed off about something?

You will notice Trump called for them to be fired, not jailed.

When we decided to protest the NFL allowing it to happen, we did not go to games and interfere with them. We stopped watching. We stayed away.

There is no constitutional right to protest at work, or on someone else's property.

To still not get that is.....rather expected.
No players has had his rights denied in the slightest.
When they are forced to stand by their BOSSES who pay their salaries, they still will not thier denied ion the slightest.
You need to do some reading to understand what your right are. CNN is no source you can trust.

I assume you can read?

Quote:
The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, ensuring that there is no prohibition on the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.
The Bill of Right doesn't not apply to private institutions, only the government. Many morons come here thinking they have the right say or post whatever they want to. Wrong. PA is the sole judge of what we say around here. HE pays the bills, WE post at his pleasure. End for story.

Ditto the NFL.
If the boss says stand, they stand. End of story.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #370
jimmyb

An old boss told me he owned me for the 8 hours I was on the job... that he had he could fire me if he didn't like the way I looked or for any reason he so chose.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #371
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

That’s exactly Tom and Clockers point. They do not have the right to free speech while on the field. So your analogy doesn’t fit.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #372
ElKabong

Quote:
Let me guess, you're not an "educator" and haven't actually been in a school in XX years (gun safety courses don't count ), and also no kids. Right?

But an expert nonetheless on what's going on in them..
My wife was a math teacher for 20 years. Has four sons. In all honesty, clocker's post mirrors her opinions on the subject.

Carry on....
Old 10-11-2017, 08:28 PM   #373
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
That should read "infecting American schools". The seeds planted by "educators" for some time are coming to fruition, as evidenced by great numbers of young people seeking to avoid anything that conflicts with their little world view. Two sides of that coin are the snowflakes seeking safe spaces and warm puppies to block out such mental stress and the "anti-fa" trying to silence opposing ideas.
Sharp post. Our church holds Sunday afternoon bible study, two teachers, including my wife, commented that taking prayer out of schools was wrong to begin with. Add that kids pay no to little attention when the Pledge of Allegiance is recited nowadays, there's no discipline or regard for God or the flag.

There is no need to force feed kids these things, but the total disregard for the flag, they said, is common. The last school she taught was over fifty percent Hispanic, but they said it was common among other groups of kids as well. Believe me, there are teachers that hate what's gone on in schools the past thirty plus years.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #374
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I would call those lyrics lame no matter who he was rapping about.
I would call them hieroglyphics with a rap cadence. Not his finest composition, regardless of target.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #375
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
I would call them hieroglyphics with a rap cadence. Not his finest composition, regardless of target.