Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #196
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Just keeping them honest.
More like just being an ass
Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #197
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan04
More like just being an ass
Explain
Old 03-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #198
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Explain
Well this and in the handicappers corner you acted like a know it all who is never wrong.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #199
Light
Veteran

Fox has a saying: fair and balanced. I think it's 100-1 in favor of TLG. So you want it 100-0?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #200
thaskalos

Quote:
Just keeping them honest.
So...you have nothing against Serling, but his race analysis is faulty...and you have nothing against Beyer, but his contributions to the horseplayer have been insignificant.

I wonder...is there anyone in this game whom you feel totally positive about?

Just asking...

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-27-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #201
Light
Veteran

Why don't the moderators here make it perfectly clear that deviant opinions are not welcome. That this is not an open forum for any other opinions but those of the majority. I would have no problem conforming to those rules. Otherwise, I am not using profane language or telling lies. I am simply looking at the side everyone is ignoring. Not to put the person down but to get a more complete picture.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #202
thaskalos

You think it's reasonable to expect Serling's analysis to be faultless?

Why do you magnify his losing picks while ignoring his longshot winners?

Is that what you mean by "fair and balanced"?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #203
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Why don't the moderators here make it perfectly clear that deviant opinions are not welcome. That this is not an open forum for any other opinions but those of the majority. I would have no problem conforming to those rules. Otherwise, I am not using profane language or telling lies. I am simply looking at the side everyone is ignoring. Not to put the person down but to get a more complete picture.
Give it a rest - you're resentful and jealous of both Andys - Beyer and Serling.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #204
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
You think it's reasonable to expect Serling's analysis to be faultless?

Why do you magnify his losing picks while ignoring his longshot winners?

Is that what you mean by "fair and balanced"?

I'll answer your question with a question:

When you die and your life flashes before you and you stand in front of God on judgement day ,are you going to tell God, "why are you dwelling on the negative"?

I'm in no position to judge anyone. But I am entitled to like or dislike someone's work and present my reasons why. (assuming this is a mature open forum).
Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #205
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:

I'm in no position to judge anyone. But I am entitled to like or dislike someone's work and present my reasons why. (assuming this is a mature open forum).
It gets old after a while
Old 03-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #206
Light
Veteran

Yeah but the there are countless threads that put TLG on a pedestal. You think that isn't older?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #207
Light
Veteran

Any rate, I noticed that TLG had just responded to this thread and thought I'd catch him regarding his after thoughts of Flat Bold. That's all. So continue your praise of him. I'm done.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #208
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Any rate, I noticed that TLG had just responded to this thread and thought I'd catch him regarding his after thoughts of Flat Bold. That's all. So continue your praise of him. I'm done.
I told you his ROI was positive. His selections are posted every day. If you want proof, they were there. Do you really think Andy would post his ROI if he couldn't back it up, knowing that there are probably people here that could shoot him down if he was mistaken, or even lying?

To pick on one bad selection is just asinine. Most horseplayers are wrong a majority of the time. I know I am, and I am sure you are as well. I often shake my head at some of Andy's picks. Sometimes I'm right, but other times I'm shaking my head as the horse wins. We use different methods. I have learned when he picks a horse I've dismissed, I listen to what he has to say because I have missed something most likely.

There are not countless threads praising Serling. There are a few, and probably just as many dissenting ones. You just seem to hate the guy for whatever reason, and everyone but you can see it. You are done in this thread so don't bother responding. It will be dismissed quicker than a trainer objection.

Last edited by cj; 03-27-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #209
The Bit

Jealousy is a ...
Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #210
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Fox has a saying: fair and balanced. I think it's 100-1 in favor of TLG. So you want it 100-0?
Start posting your selections before the races - every day - and shut everyone up. That would be fair - TLG makes his public.....ball's in your court.

Or, just post - right before the race - why TLG's selection is so bad...then we can all watch the race together, sitting in a semi-circle on the floor, Indian style, in our footed jammies, drinking hot cocoa and sing cumbya when the prices are posted.

Last edited by Tom; 03-27-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Closed Thread