Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-28-2024, 12:51 AM   #61
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Enjoy the 4th consecutive disappointing election cycle, blind man. The first 3 didn't convince you Trump can't get it done, the 4th won't either
Whom do you have in mind that can get it done to your satisfaction?

And if you say "anyone but Trump," then YOU should step up, throw YOUR hat in the ring...and prove it!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 12:52 AM   #62
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
There were a lot of funny moments and applause in this speech; however...

"Anyone notice how they the swamp booed him? He is fighting for us among the wolves aka the swamp. He knows America is cheering so loud that other alien civilizations hear it. Proof trump is fighting for us with no friends around him. He has more courage than all the courage in Washington combined. What a man he is. Be proud America, he is everything this country stands for. I swear he is either Abraham Lincoln or Washington reincarnated in better form." (comment on 2/27/24)

BTW: I love Maria, but for this particular event, I don't like her dress!
You see I knew upfront that I would spark a reaction from my introduction of the video, with that in mind I thought I could say something without being nasty as a few always are. Another word chosen was formidable I once learned as a young guy reading the racing form being formidable in this race. The shear hate is a constant here and explains much. The video itself was a set of direct hits on our opposition's front runner at the time. So I appreciate your post and look forward to a really soon to be really ugly in what I hope works for us.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 03:00 AM   #63
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Whom do you have in mind that can get it done to your satisfaction?

And if you say "anyone but Trump," then YOU should step up, throw YOUR hat in the ring...and prove it!
DeSantis.

We're running Chan Gailey for potus when Vince Lombard was available.

Ralph is right. We're the dumbest country on the planet
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 05:26 AM   #64
tucker6

Quote:
DeSantis.

We're running Chan Gailey for potus when Vince Lombard was available.

Ralph is right. We're the dumbest country on the planet
DeSantis? He was a terrible candidate. His organizational skills, while obviously good enough at district and state levels, was awful at the national level. A better analogy for DeSantis is Nick Saban. Great at the college level but not so much in the NFL.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 06:32 AM   #65
tucker6

Quote:
Enjoy the 4th consecutive disappointing election cycle, blind man. The first 3 didn't convince you Trump can't get it done, the 4th won't either
You are blaming Trump for everything that happens. Why aren't you blaming McConnell, who systematically withheld money and support from any senate candidate Trump supported in the last election in 2022? Dr Oz in PA comes to mind. How much blame are you willing to give McConnell? The RNC under Ronna McDaniel was atrocious. How much blame are you giving her? Notice also that this country's migration toward mail-in voting during covid has had a major effect on dem tactics but not so much in the GOP. Maybe under a new leader at the RNC, we will see the GOP try a little harder in this area.

So it's not cut and dry at all that Trump caused anything that has happened. There is plenty of other reasons for the last several election cycle losses. Maybe the old guard in the GOP needs to swallow their pride and get behind their candidate because the longer they screw Trump, the further behind the GOP will be as time goes by.

Last edited by tucker6; 02-28-2024 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:46 AM   #66
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
DeSantis? He was a terrible candidate. His organizational skills, while obviously good enough at district and state levels, was awful at the national level. A better analogy for DeSantis is Nick Saban. Great at the college level but not so much in the NFL.
I accept if you do not agree with this but it might fit along side your thinking. Much of Florida's success was setup by Richard Lynn Scott Senator now who was governor previously and handed the playbook for success to Ronald Dion DeSantis. Getting elected as a United States Senator is not the same as getting elected on a national level as President. From the very beginning DeSantis made blunder after blunder, I do not recall in my lifetime someone who made as many mistakes and moved forward.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 07:11 AM   #67
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I accept if you do not agree with this but it might fit along side your thinking. Much of Florida's success was setup by Richard Lynn Scott Senator now who was governor previously and handed the playbook for success to Ronald Dion DeSantis. Getting elected as a United States Senator is not the same as getting elected on a national level as President. From the very beginning DeSantis made blunder after blunder, I do not recall in my lifetime someone who made as many mistakes and moved forward.
Hard to believe DeSantis had everyone's admiration by the spring of 23 and is gone by January 24. He ran a horrible campaign. His rollout on tweeter was a disaster. Note to future candidates: When you rollout online, you don't get any press on TV, which is a visual medium!!! I think he went through two campaign managers. Seemed overwhelmed on stage at debates. Haley ran rings around him. Seemed more interested in protecting his reputation within the party for future runs than going for the brass ring now.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:19 AM   #68
tucker6

So Nikki lost by 42 points last night btw. Only 6 more days to go before she ends her campaign.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:28 AM   #69
ElKabong

Quote:
Hard to believe DeSantis had everyone's admiration by the spring of 23 and is gone by January 24. He ran a horrible campaign. His rollout on tweeter was a disaster. Note to future candidates: When you rollout online, you don't get any press on TV, which is a visual medium!!! I think he went through two campaign managers. Seemed overwhelmed on stage at debates. Haley ran rings around him. Seemed more interested in protecting his reputation within the party for future runs than going for the brass ring now.
I don't care how he campaigns. I care how he governs. People that wrap themselves up in the sizzle of politics will end up with the likes of Trump and Biden. Trump was better than Biden but he still ran up 7 trillion in debt. Not acceptable. Chan Gailey shit right there. And don't get me started on Trump and the vaccine push and bending a knee to fauci. Pathetic

Steak over sizzle
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 02-28-2024, 08:32 AM   #70
ElKabong

Quote:
You are blaming Trump for everything that happens. Why aren't you blaming McConnell, who systematically withheld money and support from any senate candidate Trump supported in the last election in 2022? Dr Oz in PA comes to mind. How much blame are you willing to give McConnell? The RNC under Ronna McDaniel was atrocious. How much blame are you giving her? Notice also that this country's migration toward mail-in voting during covid has had a major effect on dem tactics but not so much in the GOP. Maybe under a new leader at the RNC, we will see the GOP try a little harder in this area.

So it's not cut and dry at all that Trump caused anything that has happened. There is plenty of other reasons for the last several election cycle losses. Maybe the old guard in the GOP needs to swallow their pride and get behind their candidate because the longer they screw Trump, the further behind the GOP will be as time goes by.
You won't hear me pumping up mitch or ronna. They both had to go. Both were front and center in the Trump years. Why do you think that was? If Trump was an effective leader and someone who could unify, well, anything, he could have influenced them both out

But he didn't or couldn't

Chan. Gailey.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:39 AM   #71
tucker6

I don't know anything about Chan Gailey. As an outsider, you give Trump too much ability and credit for being able to influence entrenched senate rats in his party. Trump is much more disciplined this time around so I think he will govern differently too. He isn't stupid. I'm sure he knows he made a lot of mistakes that cost him in 2020. That said, the GOP needs to clean house with those that are sabotaging the party to hold onto their power (I'm looking at you Mitch). Isn't he due to have another freezing episode any time now?
Old 02-28-2024, 09:43 AM   #72
ElKabong

Quote:
I don't know anything about Chan Gailey. As an outsider, you give Trump too much ability and credit for being able to influence entrenched senate rats in his party. Trump is much more disciplined this time around so I think he will govern differently too. He isn't stupid. I'm sure he knows he made a lot of mistakes that cost him in 2020. That said, the GOP needs to clean house with those that are sabotaging the party to hold onto their power (I'm looking at you Mitch). Isn't he due to have another freezing episode any time now?
All well and good but Trump fans are saying Trump IS the new republican party. If so, he's teats on a boar hog . McConnell did as he pleased.

Since 2018 we've lost (I believe) 6 governorships, 4 senate seats and 20 or more in the house. That's failure in anyone's book. This is all on Trump.

Demx are just begging the Republicans to take control. But it ain't happening with Trump. Open borders. Inflation. Businesses closing left and right. Trannys becoming more and more accepted as the norm. Wars starting every year.

Yet we're running a 78yo who can't control shit in his own party. Dumbest. Country. On the planet

Still waiting for Trump supporters to justify the 7 trillion he ran up in debt. He's better than Biden but still bad for Americans. We deserve better.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:48 AM   #73
tucker6

Quote:

Since 2018 we've lost (I believe) 6 governorships, 4 senate seats and 20 or more in the house. That's failure in anyone's book. This is all on Trump.

Demx are just begging the Republicans to take control. But it ain't happening with Trump. Open borders. Inflation. Businesses closing left and right. Trannys becoming more and more accepted as the norm. Wars starting every year.

Yet we're running a 78yo who can't control shit in his own party. Dumbest. Country. On the planet

Still waiting for Trump supporters to justify the 7 trillion he ran up in debt. He's better than Biden but still bad for Americans. We deserve better.
So Trump selected poor candidates? So Trump withheld money held by others for campaigns? Saying everything is on Trump is what a Never Trumper would say. At that point, everything else you say smells suspiciously like BS. I'm not against saying Trump makes mistakes and makes things hard on himself, but to say he is responsible for the actions of others makes you lose credibility. There is plenty of blame to go around. It's not all on Trump by a country mile.

And another thing, the $7T in debt thing is a red herring. Just like saying Trump lost X million jobs while he was president. Anyone bringing up numbers during an upset condition economically while not acknowledging the upset condition is what a Never Trumper does. It makes everything you say less believable. Was Trump strong on the debt? Hell no, but to blame him for everything is just as wrong.

Last edited by tucker6; 02-28-2024 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:59 PM   #74
ElKabong

Quote:

And another thing, the $7T in debt thing is a red herring. .
7 trillion is not a red herring. Damn, talk about making excuses and totally unwilling to have Trump take responsibility. The buck stopped at his desk.

You can't sidestep this or deflect it. It's on the potus.

He encouraged healthy Americans to take the vaxx even after he lost the election. Despicable. Stick to things you know to be true. He can't.

Trump fan boys may not want better, but conservatives do.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:17 PM   #75
tucker6

Quote:
7 trillion is not a red herring. Damn, talk about making excuses and totally unwilling to have Trump take responsibility. The buck stopped at his desk.

You can't sidestep this or deflect it. It's on the potus.

He encouraged healthy Americans to take the vaxx even after he lost the election. Despicable. Stick to things you know to be true. He can't.

Trump fan boys may not want better, but conservatives do.
Are you serious? So a once a century event was all on Trump? Did you know that $4.2T of the $7T in debt under Trump was in fiscal year 2020 alone. You know, the pandemic year. That was Trump? Only Trump? No governors were at fault for delaying re-entry into opening back up? Because as you may know, lost tax dollars due to a shut down economy is half the equation to producing a deficit. I guarantee that no matter what president was in office, the numbers would have been similar. Your entire argument is flat as a pancake. Sheesh.

Trump has many faults. What he did during the pandemic was admirable if not perfect. I'm glad you are perfect. No wonder the GOP can't get back in power.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...20%24200%2C000.

"The estimated cumulative financial costs of the COVID-19 pandemic related to the lost output and health reduction is shown in Table 1. The total cost is estimated at more than $16 trillion, or roughly 90% of annual GDP of the United States. "

Yep, that was all Trump.

Last edited by tucker6; 02-28-2024 at 02:25 PM.