Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-24-2017, 04:44 PM   #1
Ocala Mike

War on the 1st Amendment

http://uproxx.com/news/cnn-nyt-block...ouse-briefing/

This has the fingerprints of the "Secretary of Deconstruction" all over it.

Open warfare now.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

What difference, at this point, does it make?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
woodtoo

No more very fake news outlets smells better already.

Last edited by woodtoo; 02-24-2017 at 05:01 PM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
What difference, at this point, does it make?
You don't find that action just a little bit messed up?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 05:08 PM   #5
davew

This action is like, UNPRECEDENTED !!!!!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...lary-advisors/
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
You don't find that action just a little bit messed up?
DT is a completely new paradigm, if you haven't figured that out by now. He's a bull in a china shop.

Unless he starts surrounding the NYT building with National Guardsmen, or sends a few drone strikes down towards Atlanta/CNN way, it doesn't bother me much, no.

Why does it bother you? In this day and age especially...does anyone really believe if you're not physically in that room you're going to miss out on something?

It's nothing but a show...a tradition...it's not in the Constitution that the President must hold daily press briefings and ALL media everywhere must be represented....so....this is nothing but a spectacle and in the end, just fodder for Internet chatter.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post

Open warfare now.
There is no law that says Trump can't ban any news organization from press briefings. In fact, going from memory, Obama was no stranger to banning agencies he didn't like. Here's on such story below:

https://pjmedia.com/election/2016/06...-before-trump/

At least to Trump's credit, he was HONEST about why he bans these clowns -- unlike Obama who lied!

There are other incidents, too, when Obama banned people. But I'm sure you know how to use Google or your search engine of choice.

And by the way, Trump isn't anti-first amendment -- he's not anti-news -- he's anti FAKE news. Can't say I blame him, most especially after CNN's stunt yesterday!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:19 PM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
This action is like, UNPRECEDENTED !!!!!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...lary-advisors/
I see all the Dem lap dogs made that big, off-the-record dinner. And that Fox News omission was an oversight by a very low level HRC campaign aide. Completely honest mistake.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #9
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
DT is a completely new paradigm, if you haven't figured that out by now. He's a bull in a china shop.

Unless he starts surrounding the NYT building with National Guardsmen, or sends a few drone strikes down towards Atlanta/CNN way, it doesn't bother me much, no.

Why does it bother you? In this day and age especially...does anyone really believe if you're not physically in that room you're going to miss out on something?

It's nothing but a show...a tradition...it's not in the Constitution that the President must hold daily press briefings and ALL media everywhere must be represented....so....this is nothing but a spectacle and in the end, just fodder for Internet chatter.
I suppose I think it was strategically a poor move. I think if you are in his position there are some groups worse to have as enemies. Sure, the NYT or the BBC will find a way to get the news, but it has to be a distraction to spend as much time as he might spend fending off attacks that are a result of a pissing contest. Perhaps he feels like they were going to always going to be a pain in his side and he's not losing anything by antagonizing them.

Yeah, he's a different type of cat and maybe we just find his approach too much of a shock to see it as the best way to go. But the news agencies have a lot of resources and a lot of ways they can go after people, and like I said you don't need them on the enemies list.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 05:37 PM   #10
woodtoo

But the news agencies have a lot of resources and a lot of ways they can go after people, and like I said you don't need them on the enemies list.[/QUOTE]

This explains a lot...maybe too much.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #11
boxcar

Quote:
Yeah, he's a different type of cat and maybe we just find his approach too much of a shock to see it as the best way to go. But the news agencies have a lot of resources and a lot of ways they can go after people, and like I said you don't need them on the enemies list.
(emphasis mine)

It's been an awfully long time since I've read anything chock-full, so over-brimming, overflowing with pure, unadulterated naivete! When was the last time the mainstream media wasn't understood by all thinking people to be the sworn enemies first of conservatives then Republicans? (In this order because the lying, slithering snakes in the grass will cozy up once in a while to a RINO.)

The only difference between Trump and other Republican presidents is that Trump doesn't play the word games. He calls a spade a spade because he knows what the score is, just as the mainstream does. So...just how in the world could Trump make enemies of the openly hostile mainstream media who has hated him from day one of his presidential campaign, as our resident wanna be smartest-guy-in the room wants us to think?
Old 02-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #12
boxcar

Banned HuffPo Contributor: Trump "Must Go Through Hell Every Day If This Is How The Press Is Behaving"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...press-behaving

It's the liberal, mainstream media who are the real enemies of the First Amendment! They lie constantly by commission and omission!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:12 PM   #13
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post

Open warfare now.
Obama excluded conservative media on several occasions.
Why the big deal now?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...use-exclusion/

"Obama’s private briefings for liberal members of the media, which excluded conservatives, were well-documented. A few:

December 2012: Several journalists reported that MSNBC hosts were meeting privately with President Obama to discuss the impending “fiscal cliff” fight.
May 2013: NPR’s Ari Shapiro reported that President Obama was meeting privately with “lefty columnists,” but hastened to add that there was “nothing nefarious” about it.
November 2013: President Obama met again with liberal journalists, as Obamacare struggled with the failure of healthcare.gov and other problems.
March 2015: Politico’s media reporter, Hadas Gold, reported that “a group of journalists and columnists,” all on the left, met privately with President Obama, but the White House refused to say “who else was at the meeting or what was discussed.”
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 06:21 PM   #14
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I suppose I think it was strategically a poor move. I think if you are in his position there are some groups worse to have as enemies. Sure, the NYT or the BBC will find a way to get the news, but it has to be a distraction to spend as much time as he might spend fending off attacks that are a result of a pissing contest. Perhaps he feels like they were going to always going to be a pain in his side and he's not losing anything by antagonizing them.

What good was accomplished when conservatives played nice with the liberal media?

So far, Trump has proven far smarter than his critics. Maybe he's being smarter here too, and we'll finally get the press to do some soul searching about their very important role in our government. It's not to shape government. It's to be the people's watch dog.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #15
chadk66

holy crap I'm loving the liberals loosing their minds over this kind of stuff. just makes my day when I read this stuff
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply