Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
lamboguy

Marty Walsh

this guy is making Boston pussy capital of the USA. what business does this guy have to cancel school without 1/4 of an inch of snow on the ground? when i was growing up in a rough part of Boston, we went to school with a foot of snow on the ground. i used to get ganged up on every day after school because i was the last white kid living there. 6 of them would come after me and i held my own. you learn how to be tough that way too.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

Same here I don't get it, I think they close schools and government offices if somebody drops a snow cone on the side walk. I used to live in the Southern California mountains 30 years ago. I remember carrying two kids through a foot of snow to get them to the bus stop.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
When I was a kid I walked a hour uphill to school , then I walked home an hour uphill from school.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
johnhannibalsmith

those pussy's should go to school.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #5
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this guy is making Boston pussy capital of the USA. what business does this guy have to cancel school without 1/4 of an inch of snow on the ground? when i was growing up in a rough part of Boston, we went to school with a foot of snow on the ground. i used to get ganged up on every day after school because i was the last white kid living there. 6 of them would come after me and i held my own. you learn how to be tough that way too.
And who would take all the criticism if he didn't close the schools and they got hit with 20 inches of snow? That was how much fell in some areas south of Boston and it only takes a small deviation of the storm path to change the forecast.

They have had four major snow storms in that area this winter, so I don't blame them for being over cautious. When I was a kid we also used to go to school in more severe conditions than they do now. A big difference back then is that our moms did not work for the most part. If they sent us home early, there was always someone there. Now, arrangements must be made in advance.

I'm pretty sure that you were not beat up every day because you were the only white kid. More likely it was because you were an annoying little .......

On the other hand, that does explain many of your posts here.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #6
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
When I was a kid I walked a hour uphill to school , then I walked home an hour uphill from school.
Big deal. I walked an hour uphill while I was in school.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #7
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
You should have went the other way, then both would have been downhill

When we were kids the school did not get sued when a bus slid off the road.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 02:25 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I'm pretty sure that you were not beat up every day because you were the only white kid. More likely it was because you were an annoying little .......
There goes a Dem again...thinking they know best of what happens in other people's lives.

"I'm pretty sure..."

Bullshit. You're not sure of anything related to anyone else on this board.

In fact, you don't know jack shit about lambo or his experiences, other than what he chooses to tell us.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #9
chiguy

and we used to stand on mom's lap in the front seat of the car while barrelling down the road. The priests would molest us and if we complained our parents would smack us around for talking bad about Father Mayer. Yeah let's go back to those good times.
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #10
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
You should have went the other way, then both would have been downhill

NOW you tell me.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 06:38 PM   #11
oughtoh

They drive around in the morning here. As long as the buses can get through there is school, no matter how much snow is on the ground. The y get 2 snow days a year, after that they take away vacation days during Easter and possibly the Friday before Memorial Day.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #12
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
and we used to stand on mom's lap in the front seat of the car while barrelling down the road. The priests would molest us and if we complained our parents would smack us around for talking bad about Father Mayer. Yeah let's go back to those good times.
When I was six or seven my grandfather made us a wooden stool which my sister or myself sat on in the front seat of my father's Dodge on trips between Chicago and Miami, Fl. We never thought it was dangerous, but it was.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #13
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Big deal. I walked an hour uphill while I was in school.
I didn't know you went to school Mostie.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2018, 09:00 PM   #14
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There goes a Dem again...thinking they know best of what happens in other people's lives.

"I'm pretty sure..."

Bullshit. You're not sure of anything related to anyone else on this board.

In fact, you don't know jack shit about lambo or his experiences, other than what he chooses to tell us.
I'm pretty sure that if Boston was the pussy capital of the USA, it really would be good for Boston tourism.

You got a problem with that, boss.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

When I was in school, and we got a snow storms, they gave us GYM CREDITS for getting there.

1966 - the big blizzard, I walked to school in -1 degree temps.
When I got there, the place was locked up and a note on the door read "CLOSED - TOO COLD"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: