Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #46
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Don't stoop to this level. Everyone was to blame in this including the American consumer. From your own article.

"But in Washington and on Wall Street, the debate has already begun. And while economists and other experts say there are plenty of culprits: Democrats and Republicans in Congress, the Federal Reserve, an overzealous home-lending industry, banks, and also Bush's predecessor, Bill Clinton - they do agree that the Bush administration bears part of the blame."
Yes, my article says Bush bears part of the blame. You're quoting it to me as if making the point, but you said Bush played "no role".

Not sure where the stooping comes in.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #47
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Yes, my article says Bush bears part of the blame. You're quoting it to me as if making the point, but you said Bush played "no role".

Fair enough. But it's not proportionate to the claim presidents alone affect stock markets. My original point.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2017, 06:25 PM   #48
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

PA, you're up.....break out the video
Old 09-02-2017, 06:46 PM   #49
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Fair enough. But it's not proportionate to the claim presidents alone affect stock markets. My original point.
I certainly agree, and nowhere in the thread did I suggest any such thing. All I did was respond to people who were suggesting that the surging markets were something new under Trump, or that the markets were historically weak under dem administrations.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #50
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I certainly agree, and nowhere in the thread did I suggest any such thing. All I did was respond to people who were suggesting that the surging markets were something new under Trump, or that the markets were historically weak under dem administrations.
But the election of Trump caused the surging of the market. This is well documented. I'm not saying he's done anything. He hasn't. However he is seen as very pro-market as opposed to the Democrats both Obama and Hillary. Hence investor confidence.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2017, 09:24 PM   #51
DSB

Quote:
So when the market reached record highs more than 100 times since 2013 during Obama's term, you took that as proof Obama policies were.. viewed negatively?
No. I viewed that as a response to the Fed's interest rate policies, which were an attempt to stave off a depression following the banking crisis.

Remember that?
DSB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 12:47 PM   #52
Inner Dirt

How about where a President's policies, or ones he and his party advocate have the reverse effect on a business than he intends? I can only think of one. Gun and ammunition manufactures and those that sell those items must have been real sad the day Obama left office. I have a few customers who make gun components for small manufactures, they buy their firing pins from me and pass them along with their products. I have been making firing pins for over 20 years. I think I sold almost as many a year under Obama than in 8 years of George W Bush. I love making firing pins, on some of the styles the machine that makes them can run a whole 8 hours at a time on just 3 minutes of attention. In that 8 hours it will spit out $700 of product on less that $50 in costs. I guess I should be voting for Democrats.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #53
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I have been making firing pins for over 20 years.
Any idea what's causing my light primer strikes on a 12 gauge semi? Happens about twice out of every 100 rounds. Gunsmith can't figure it out. Hoping to not have to send it in to Beretta. It happens on different brands of shells, so I don't think hard primers are to blame.

Mule
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #54
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
PA, you're up.....break out the video
It's not a video, it's that NYT article with quotes from Barney Frank and Melvin Watts at the time saying Fannie and Freddie don't require any further regulation from the Bush Admin because that would just make it harder for people to buy houses they can't afford...

This was in 2005...when the Bush admin proposed sweeping regulations for Fannie and Freddie...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #55
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post

Any idea what's causing my light primer strikes on a 12 gauge semi? Happens about twice out of every 100 rounds. Gunsmith can't figure it out. Hoping to not have to send it in to Beretta. It happens on different brands of shells, so I don't think hard primers are to blame.

Mule
Is it spring driven? I don't own those high dollar shotguns.....
Old 09-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #56
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Mule

I will think it over and get back to you after 5pm. Shipping deadline.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 03:04 PM   #57
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's not a video, it's that NYT article with quotes from Barney Frank and Melvin Watts at the time saying Fannie and Freddie don't require any further regulation from the Bush Admin because that would just make it harder for people to buy houses they can't afford...

This was in 2005...when the Bush admin proposed sweeping regulations for Fannie and Freddie...
That article was dated sept 11. Remember it well, sent it to many friends lib and con. Silenced the bush haters, debunked the falsehoods that still fly around here today.

Bush urged reform, later on was basically called a racist by Lewis (GA). Barney Frank et all chimed with their two cents.... Reform denied

Eta... Just googled the article, dated sept 11 2003. Good read for all. On my iPad, otherwise I'd link it.

PA, I don't want to speak for JR, but there was a video that made its rounds here. It was Lewis basically calling GWB a racist by his calling for review and reform of Fannie Mae, etc.. History is on Bush's side on this particular subject

Last edited by ElKabong; 09-05-2017 at 03:12 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #58
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Is it spring driven? I don't own those high dollar shotguns.....
Yes, but it's had the problem since it was new. It's really not a high dollar shotgun. It's the A300, the least expensive Beretta you can get (Bass Pro sells them). Mine's got around 28,000 rounds through it. And except for the occasional but annoying light primer strike, it's been flawless. Odd thing is, once the problem occurs you can load the affected shell back in and it will fire.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
That article was dated sept 11. Remember it well, sent it to many friends lib and con. Silenced the bush haters, debunked the falsehoods that still fly around here today.

Bush urged reform, later on was basically called a racist by Lewis (GA). Barney Frank et all chimed with their two cents.... Reform denied

Eta... Just googled the article, dated sept 11 2003. Good read for all. On my iPad, otherwise I'd link it.

PA, I don't want to speak for JR, but there was a video that made its rounds here. It was Lewis basically calling GWB a racist by his calling for review and reform of Fannie Mae, etc.. History is on Bush's side on this particular subject
Then again, back in 2003, didn't Bush have a republican congress on his side? The dems will say, if he believed so much in reform, he could have gotten it passed...or that's what they say anyway, as a retort to that 9/11/03 NYT article that I like to put up here every so often...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #60
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Yes, but it's had the problem since it was new. It's really not a high dollar shotgun. It's the A300, the least expensive Beretta you can get (Bass Pro sells them). Mine's got around 28,000 rounds through it. And except for the occasional but annoying light primer strike, it's been flawless. Odd thing is, once the problem occurs you can load the affected shell back in and it will fire.
Damn, 28k? That's a ton of shooting. Back in the day, we would just put a bigger spring in it.

The fact that it fires fine on reload makes me wonder if maybe the shell is slightly mis aligned ? But I know there isn't much room in there for moving around?

I actually saw a problem like this years ago and it turned out the shells were warped. Literally. The plastic was curved just a little. But these guys would only fire a few before mis firing. They had been stored in a vehicle here in Texas and the heat had warped them.