Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 1.31 average.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #226
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Ibaka isn't even playing defense.
Their defense is non-existent right now, they lost again last night giving up 123 to a depleted Pelicans team, just brutal.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #227
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98
Their defense is non-existent right now, they lost again last night giving up 123 to a depleted Pelicans team, just brutal.
It is brutal. I'd rather watch the 2008 version of OKC than this team. Westbrook busts his ass, the rest, forget it. I sold both Laker games, the Cavs game, and the Warriors game for a nice profit and I'm glad I did. I may sell the Clippers as well.

Last edited by cj; 02-26-2016 at 11:05 AM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #228
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It is brutal. I'd rather watch the 2008 version of OKC than this team. Westbrook busts his ass, the rest, forget it. I sold both Laker games, the Cavs game, and the Warriors game for a nice profit and I'm glad I did. I may sell the Clippers as well.
Might as well Clips are still playing well, OKC, not so much
Old 02-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #229
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Might as well Clips are still playing well, OKC, not so much
Clippers just lost to lowly Denver at home.

As for Westbrook, it would be nice if he dug and played a little harder on D instead of going 180% on offense and 50% on defense. I love the guy, but he isn't playing to his ability on defense.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:42 PM   #230
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Clippers just lost to lowly Denver at home.

As for Westbrook, it would be nice if he dug and played a little harder on D instead of going 180% on offense and 50% on defense. I love the guy, but he isn't playing to his ability on defense.
No he is not, he gets a lot of steals but I agree he is so athletic and strong if he committed to playing defense most of the time they would be a lot better, the same can be said of KD. As much as like Russ and KD I don't think they can win a title with the current makeup of the team.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:20 PM   #231
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Taking the Kings +8.5 tonight. OKC should win, but just too many points IMO coming off the GS loss and facing a back to back with LAC/GS next.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #232
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Taking the Thunder +8.5 tonight. I think they match up well with SA and were looking ahead to this game during that disgusting performance last night.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #233
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Taking the Kings +8.5 tonight. OKC should win, but just too many points IMO coming off the GS loss and facing a back to back with LAC/GS next.
Think its a good bet seems like a lot of points, however the Spurs are almost unbeatable at home.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #234
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Taking the Thunder +8.5 tonight. I think they match up well with SA and were looking ahead to this game during that disgusting performance last night.
Easy cover as Thunder lose by 8 despite Morrow missing a wide open nobody near him garbage time layup with a few seconds left.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #235
lansdale

Easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Easy cover as Thunder lose by 8 despite Morrow missing a wide open nobody near him garbage time layup with a few seconds left.
Nice call on this game, but I think you have to bump Tony Parker for missing those two FTs during the last 30 seconds. ;-).
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #236
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale
Nice call on this game, but I think you have to bump Tony Parker for missing those two FTs during the last 30 seconds. ;-).
The supporting cast outside of Kanter is just so inconsistent, usually bad. Nobody on this team other than the big two seems to be able to make a shot. Kyle Singler continues to get 20 minutes a game and shot enough bricks while wide open the last two games to construct a mansion. Morrow was benched and got a chance Friday and went 0-6 from 3, at least 5 WIDE open.

Of course Russ and KD turn it over when the options are to pass to guys like him and Foye and Waiters and Singler. Ibaka is Jekyl and Hyde and never seems to make a clutch shot. How Payne lost his PT I have no idea.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #237
lansdale

OKC cursed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The supporting cast outside of Kanter is just so inconsistent, usually bad. Nobody on this team other than the big two seems to be able to make a shot. Kyle Singler continues to get 20 minutes a game and shot enough bricks while wide open the last two games to construct a mansion. Morrow was benched and got a chance Friday and went 0-6 from 3, at least 5 WIDE open.

Of course Russ and KD turn it over when the options are to pass to guys like him and Foye and Waiters and Singler. Ibaka is Jekyl and Hyde and never seems to make a clutch shot. How Payne lost his PT I have no idea.
After the murder of Dion Sanders' brother last week, the third tragedy to befall the organization in the past month, it's impossible not to wonder what's going on behind the scenes at OKC and not to think that has to be affecting their play. This also coincides with their toughest stretch of games on their schedule. When you see high% 3-pt. shooters like Morrow and Singler miss so many open looks, I think all that has something to do with it.

OTOH, they do have real problems, as you point out. The decline of Ibaka due to injury (think this dates back two years to his playing through WCF with blown Achilles), the shortage of capable defenders, and the lack of any real change to the hero-ball offense, would be drawbacks even under the most positive conditions. You mentioned lack of assistant coaching in another post, but when I see what's on the floor and listen to B. Donovan in interviews he really sounds like a guy who sees himself as a placeholder picking up a check.

Interesting - talking to a relative who played some D II ball and worked in Celts organization during D. Gavitt era - like many, he's interested in fate of KD and WB, and follows the team - he said that, especially on defense, it looks like there is no coaching at all. He said this is different from previous years and speculated that (know you'll hate this ;-)) that K. Perkins may have been calling a lot of D plays on the floor - said he started to notice this after KP left and while Brooks was still there.

Some perspective - three recent losses came against a GSW team that may be one of the best ever to play in the NBA - and one to a Spur team not far behind. That's just the luck of the draw. Still, it's depressing for fans of KD and WB, like myself, not to see them getting another shot at the championship. Guess we'll just have to wait to see what happens next year.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:00 PM   #238
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale
After the murder of Dion Sanders' brother last week, the third tragedy to befall the organization in the past month, it's impossible not to wonder what's going on behind the scenes at OKC and not to think that has to be affecting their play. This also coincides with their toughest stretch of games on their schedule. When you see high% 3-pt. shooters like Morrow and Singler miss so many open looks, I think all that has something to do with it.

OTOH, they do have real problems, as you point out. The decline of Ibaka due to injury (think this dates back two years to his playing through WCF with blown Achilles), the shortage of capable defenders, and the lack of any real change to the hero-ball offense, would be drawbacks even under the most positive conditions. You mentioned lack of assistant coaching in another post, but when I see what's on the floor and listen to B. Donovan in interviews he really sounds like a guy who sees himself as a placeholder picking up a check.

Interesting - talking to a relative who played some D II ball and worked in Celts organization during D. Gavitt era - like many, he's interested in fate of KD and WB, and follows the team - he said that, especially on defense, it looks like there is no coaching at all. He said this is different from previous years and speculated that (know you'll hate this ;-)) that K. Perkins may have been calling a lot of D plays on the floor - said he started to notice this after KP left and while Brooks was still there.

Some perspective - three recent losses came against a GSW team that may be one of the best ever to play in the NBA - and one to a Spur team not far behind. That's just the luck of the draw. Still, it's depressing for fans of KD and WB, like myself, not to see them getting another shot at the championship. Guess we'll just have to wait to see what happens next year.
Since when did Dion Sanders belong to OKC?
Old 03-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #239
lansdale

Dion Waiters, of course

Quote:
Since when did Dion Sanders belong to OKC?
My bad -thx for headsup. More early-onset Alzheimers. Two pro sports was enough for Sanders, I shouldn't have tried to make it three.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:32 PM   #240
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Almost witnessed history tonight. Russ had what would have been his 10th rebound in his hands and dropped it out of bounds. Had he held on it would have been the fastest triple double in NBA history.