Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-31-2008, 12:47 AM   #16
riskman

Should Democratic Party merge with the Communist Party?
Let me state this as plainly as possible. The enemy is the state. There are other enemies too, but none so fearsome, destructive, dangerous, or culturally and economically debilitating. No matter what other proximate enemy you can name – big business, unions, victim lobbies, foreign lobbies, medical cartels, religious groups, classes, city dwellers, farmers, left-wing professors, right-wing blue-collar workers, or even bankers and arms merchants – none are as horrible as the leviathan state. If you understand this point – and only this point – you can understand the core of real conservative strategy.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:30 AM   #17
ljb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskman
Let me state this as plainly as possible. The enemy is the state. There are other enemies too, but none so fearsome, destructive, dangerous, or culturally and economically debilitating. No matter what other proximate enemy you can name – big business, unions, victim lobbies, foreign lobbies, medical cartels, religious groups, classes, city dwellers, farmers, left-wing professors, right-wing blue-collar workers, or even bankers and arms merchants – none are as horrible as the leviathan state. If you understand this point – and only this point – you can understand the core of real conservative strategy.
So, does this mean you are voting for Bob Barr ?
ljb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 12:17 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

A rising new conservative star is currently fixing Louisiana.
Whoever wins this election will be a one term prez.

I look for great things to come from the Big Easy over the next four years. The future is bright - conservatives will re-take the party.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:55 PM   #19
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskman
Well stated! Glad to see someone around here gets it!

Boxcar
Old 05-31-2008, 01:00 PM   #20
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
crabboy, try to get informed. Clinton's Admin blv'd there wre weapons of mass destruction and went on and on about it. There are many quotes by these people. Just some are: Bill and Hillary, Madelyn Albright, ALGORE, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry etc etc.
why not stay in your foolish little wayback machine just a little longer and go back to Bush41, he KNEW there were WMD there and had 500,000 massed against a defeated force and STILL did not go in.

Of course , he was correct as has been proven over and over in the recent past.

remake the ME for democracy, what rubbish, what utter stupidity, what utter contempt for the lessons of history.

After we finish up IRAQ and IRAN and Syria and Eqypt and
AFG and Pakistan and Jordan and and , wow, why not invade all the African "states" and "do" them too.

After all , since Iraq had WMD for sure , they must be somewhere, if we just keep invading we are sure to stumble on them somewhere.

Where in the world are my WMD, where or where did they go.
The chances of WMD of a nuke or bio kind is and always has been much greater via the old Soviet collapsed block supplies.
We gave lip service to making sure those were all rounded up , would have been a much better use of our force.
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #21
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar

Boxcar

sad to say the gvt"state" has increased faster and faster in the last several years and you seem to have championed the growth based on the tenor of your posts.

No matter which DIM, commie , whatever , that doesn't get it , none are more blind than you to exactly what you SAY you are against.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #22
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
A rising new conservative star is currently fixing Louisiana.
Whoever wins this election will be a one term prez.

I look for great things to come from the Big Easy over the next four years. The future is bright - conservatives will re-take the party.

I'll take that bet if you want.

He will be out of there before you now it.

That state makes DC look like Mary Poppins.

very little will change.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:15 PM   #23
wonatthewire1

Quote:

Boxcar

So Boxie, where are all the real conservatives?

Or is that a phrase that will be relegated to the dust pan of history?
wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #24
wonatthewire1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddog
why not stay in your foolish little wayback machine just a little longer and go back to Bush41, he KNEW there were WMD there and had 500,000 massed against a defeated force and STILL did not go in.

ddog, ddog, ddog....but 41 didn't have God talking to him - letting him know the course to take. But then again, God could be working for the other side - duping the USA in and taking all the gold - classic trap and no way out without losing face
wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 03:09 PM   #25
jcrabboy

Exclamation

Quote:

remake the ME for democracy, what rubbish, what utter stupidity, what utter contempt for the lessons of history.

After we finish up IRAQ and IRAN and Syria and Eqypt and
AFG and Pakistan and Jordan and and , wow, why not invade all the African "states" and "do" them too.

After all , since Iraq had WMD for sure , they must be somewhere, if we just keep invading we are sure to stumble on them somewhere.

Where in the world are my WMD, where or where did they go.
The chances of WMD of a nuke or bio kind is and always has been much greater via the old Soviet collapsed block supplies.
We gave lip service to making sure those were all rounded up , would have been a much better use of our force.
Hi ddog:

Slavish devotion to ideology keeps the blinders on for guys like lefty. It is why they post incredibly old news stories or quotes from previous administrations rather than face the current untenable truths.

This 'Badministration' decided early on to implement a kind of bastardized colonization of the middle east and viewed Iraq as an easy starting point. 9/11 allowed them to fast track the idea around a campaign of fear.

Saddam-Bad. WMD-Scary. Mushroom cloud. Slam Dunk. History be damned.

Big ideas-small mind implementation doomed the invasion of Iraq from the very beginning. Ego and stupidity keep us there now.

Jimmie
jcrabboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 03:56 PM   #26
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I'll take Lefty'w ideas over those wack-o ones any day.
We would all be better off with more Lefty's running around.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #27
boxcar

Quote:
sad to say the gvt"state" has increased faster and faster in the last several years and you seem to have championed the growth based on the tenor of your posts.

No matter which DIM, commie , whatever , that doesn't get it , none are more blind than you to exactly what you SAY you are against.
You know, ddog, if you learned how to intelligently construct sentences into coherent thoughts someone may actually pay you some mind. What's obvious to me from the "tenor"+ of your posts is that you're a prime example of a "gvt'state'" waste by-product.

Boxcar
Old 06-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #28
ddog

Quote:
You know, ddog, if you learned how to intelligently construct sentences into coherent thoughts someone may actually pay you some mind. What's obvious to me from the "tenor"+ of your posts is that you're a prime example of a "gvt'state'" waste by-product.

Boxcar

so , as usual , you did get it enough to use it , but not to reply, since you can't seem to come up with anything rational on the subject.

If you are confused by these constructs then try remedial ed, they say everyone can learn.

go fer it...

Last edited by ddog; 06-01-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #29
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom

that's your choice.

You do seem to make a nice couple, of what, i am not sure....
Old 06-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #30
Lefty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Thanks, Tom. Appreciate it.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply