Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #46
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb
lsbets
chimes in with a spin note. What about Scotty fessing up to the sins of the repugs ? That is after all the topic of this thread.
You dudes can try all you want to spin it off the facts but the facts are still the facts. And of course we all know how much you guys fear the truth.
So you are saying you believe what Scott has to say now, but do not believe what he had to say in the past?

I feel no way in particular about McClellan. He is a non issues, but I do get a kick out of Soros being his publisher and McClellan admitting that the editors played up certain aspects of his book. Seems like an agenda at play there. There is a lot of other stuff that went on with him, his mother, Bush, and the Republican Party that would cause any thinking person to question anything any of them had to say about each other. Of course we know you don't fall into the category of thinking person, so its understandable that you would have a hard time grasping anything more complex than See Spot Run. Since you can't think, any thoughtful posts are referred to by you as spin, more than likely because the process of thinking causes your head to spin and makes you dizzy. I'd even bet you've hurt yourself a few times falling down when you put too much effort into thinking.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2008, 10:04 AM   #47
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Lesson in language here, ljb.
One cannot confess to sins of others, he can only accuse. Confession is only possible for one's own sins.

Here is a fact - Scotty is a liar. Either then or now. But he is a proven liar.
And he works for Soros.

Now, go play with your top.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #48
ljb
Veteran

If you care to look back in the thread you will find that I posted a note stating I believed what he is saying now years ago. And of course that means I did not believe what he was saying years ago. In Scotty's defense, he was kept out of the loop and fed a steady diet of BS which he dutifully fed to the rest of us. I also believe GW was fed much of the same BS.
ljb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #49
ljb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Lesson in language here, ljb.
One cannot confess to sins of others, he can only accuse. Confession is only possible for one's own sins.

Here is a fact - Scotty is a liar. Either then or now. But he is a proven liar.
And he works for Soros.

Now, go play with your top.
Tommy,
Where does it say anyone is confessing the sins of others ? Scotty like GW and others here were kept "out of the loop". They believed what they were told and reported as told. The lying came from above. Only now the truth comes out and as has been proven here, the repugs cannot stand the truth. Can you provide us with a copy of Scottys employment contract with Soros or is this just more imaginary bs on your part ?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #50
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I gurss that would be you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb
lsbets
chimes in with a spin note. What about Scotty fessing up to the sins of the repugs ? That is after all the topic of this thread.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #51
ljb
Veteran

ok tommy,
I will give you that one.
I should have said; What about Scotty fessing up to the sins he has committed because he bought into all the BS the repugs were feeding him ?
But anyway what about it ?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #52
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What about it? Just becasue he says it dosen't make it true.
And with Soros behind him, I really have trouble swallowing it.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:35 AM   #53
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Bob Dole send Scotty an Email............

Scott,

There are miserable creatures like you in every administration who don't have the guts to speak up or quit if there are disagreements with the boss or colleagues. No, your type soaks up the benefits of power, revels in the limelight for years, then quits, and spurred on by greed, cashes in with a scathing critique.

In my nearly 36 years of public service I've known of a few like you. No doubt you will "clean up" as the liberal anti-Bush press will promote your belated concerns with wild enthusiasm. When the money starts rolling in you should donate it to a worthy cause, something like, "Biting The Hand That Fed Me." Another thought is to weasel your way back into the White House if a Democrat is elected. That would provide a good set up for a second book deal in a few years.

I have no intention of reading your "exposé" because if all these awful things were happening, and perhaps some may have been, you should have spoken up publicly like a man, or quit your cushy, high profile job. That would have taken integrity and courage but then you would have had credibility and your complaints could have been aired objectively. You're a hot ticket now but don't you, deep down, feel like a total ingrate?

BOB DOLE
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 06:51 AM   #54
hcap

http://www.publicintegrity.org/WarCa...verview&id=945

" McClellan Book Confirms Center’s Iraq: The War Card Report
In a new memoir, former White House press secretary Scott McClellan became the first Bush administration official to confirm the orchestrated deception reported in the Center for Public Integrity’s project, Iraq: The War Card, which highlighted 935 false statements made by President George W. Bush and seven other top officials, including McClellan, in the two years following September 11, 2001."

False Pretenses
Following 9/11, President Bush and seven top officials of his administration waged a carefully orchestrated campaign of misinformation about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

By Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith
January 23, 2008

President George W. Bush and seven of his administration's top officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, made at least 935 false statements in the two years following September 11, 2001, about the national security threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Nearly five years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, an exhaustive examination of the record shows that the statements were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 11:51 AM   #55
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Looks like Scotty and his Momma are going to be looking for a new home

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ith-mo/?page=1

Some are speculating that his momma made him do it...........

This idiot only got 75k in advance. What a dumbass.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #56
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
http://www.publicintegrity.org/WarCa...verview&id=945

" McClellan Book Confirms Center’s Iraq: The War Card Report
In a new memoir, former White House press secretary Scott McClellan became the first Bush administration official to confirm the orchestrated deception reported in the Center for Public Integrity’s project, Iraq: The War Card, which highlighted 935 false statements made by President George W. Bush and seven other top officials, including McClellan, in the two years following September 11, 2001."

False Pretenses
Following 9/11, President Bush and seven top officials of his administration waged a carefully orchestrated campaign of misinformation about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

By Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith
January 23, 2008

President George W. Bush and seven of his administration's top officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, made at least 935 false statements in the two years following September 11, 2001, about the national security threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Nearly five years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, an exhaustive examination of the record shows that the statements were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses.
Wish I had a dime for every time you've posted the same accusation in some form or another , and I haven't been here but 7 months .
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #57
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

hcap uses a proven liar to verify something. Nice.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #58
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Looks like Scotty and his Momma are going to be looking for a new home

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ith-mo/?page=1

Some are speculating that his momma made him do it...........

This idiot only got 75k in advance. What a dumbass.
His mother expected Bush to back her for governor because her son worked for him. Bush stood firmly behind Perry (who is an idiot BTW), and she had no shot in the primary. She decided to run as an independent with the slogan "One tough grandma" and was a laughingstock. I think Kinky Friedman (who I voted for) got more votes than her, but I'm not sure. The first thing I thought when I heard about Scott's book is he was pissed about Bush not helping Momma. Guess I'm not the only one who thinks so.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2008, 03:27 PM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

As late as April 2007 McClellan was still defending Bush/Iraq in public. How can anyone put much stock into what this man is saying now given these inconsistencies?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #60
hcap

A few reflections

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply