Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-28-2008, 02:16 AM   #16
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I guess all those criticizing McCain (including the mighty Obama), when it comes to anything military-related can be rightly called CHICKEN-HAWK, just like they called those who criticized Kerry in 2004.

Make sure ya'll get as much as you gave four years ago.

Don't let any of these CHICKEN HAWKS get away with criticizing McCain over ANYTHING related to the military or military service.
get up off the twister mat, you look silly down there.

is it painfull for you as it looks?
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

What stopped Obama from voluntarily joining the military? I must have missed that article.

Yes, Chickenhawk has been used in the past to describe those who never served (or "got out" of serving) in the military, and now command our armed forces and send our boys and girls into combat.

So, how does this description NOT fit Obama IF he were to become Commander-in-Chief? A guy who never served who will potentially be sending our boys and girls into harms way?

Sounds like a Chickenhawk to me....

You guys really don't get it that Obama has zero chance against McCain, do you? Unless McCain collapses somewhere and they catch it on video, there is no chance Obama wins....absolutely no chance. Bank it.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-29-2008 at 06:27 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #18
wonatthewire1

Quote:
What stopped Obama from voluntarily joining the military? I must have missed that article.

Yes, Chickenhawk has been used in the past to describe those who never served (or "got out" of serving) in the military, and now command our armed forces and send our boys and girls into combat.

So, how does this description NOT fit Obama IF he were to become Commander-in-Chief? A guy who never served who will potentially be sending our boys and girls into harms way?

Sounds like a Chickenhawk to me....

You guys really don't get it that Obama has zero chance against McCain, do you? Unless McCain collapses somewhere and they catch it on video, there is no chance Obama wins....absolutely no chance. Bank it.

...when was he advocating that the USA would be "going" to war & he'd be sending them? That would be a "chicken hawk".

This is very confusing - I know that these wily politicians say a lot and a lot gets missed, but would you be so kind as to point out where he said that he was going to endorse an invasion or even a "puff out my chest sose youse is afraid" moment?

This is shaping up to be an election just as bad as every other one that I can remember - two empty suits.

wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2008, 01:59 AM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonatthewire1
...when was he advocating that the USA would be "going" to war & he'd be sending them? That would be a "chicken hawk".

This is very confusing - I know that these wily politicians say a lot and a lot gets missed, but would you be so kind as to point out where he said that he was going to endorse an invasion or even a "puff out my chest sose youse is afraid" moment?

This is shaping up to be an election just as bad as every other one that I can remember - two empty suits.

So what are you saying? Elect Obama and the military will never be used? Come to think of it, I think he should run on that platform.

Is the far left this delusional?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #20
ljb
Veteran

Quote:
So what are you saying? Elect Obama and the military will never be used? Come to think of it, I think he should run on that platform.

Is the far left this delusional?
Pa,
You should really take a few days off. Your focus is being lost. Just concentrate on the horsey side here and let one of your assistants watch this board. Your frustration with the way things are going is causing you to post in a manner unbecoming of yourself.
ljb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

LJB, I know you're hurt by my recent professional assessment of your lack of contribution and your "drive-by" ways, which is why your reply to me here shouldn't surprise anyone with it's complete lack of substance.

How about we let wonattthewire1 respond, ok? I'm sure he's more than capable of taking down a man with little focus, such as myself.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #22
ljb
Veteran

Oh I get it. We can only respond to notes posted to us. Sorry my bad. I will try to comply with this (new ?) rule.
By the way could you define "professional assessment" for me ?

Last edited by ljb; 05-30-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:04 AM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb
Oh I get it. We can only respond to notes posted to us.
Never stated any such garbage. Perhaps it is you who needs the rest....friendo....
Old 05-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Before we start saying McCain voted against Vet's benefits, let's list ALL the contenys of the bill in question. Nice little diversion many use - pick one part of a multi-bad bill and focus on only that. Lying by omission is not going to cut it.

When a bill has many provision son unrelated topics, only a fool will say so and so is against X and ignore the rest. That has been proven right here many time.

The bar is raised, ljb.....you need to jump higher.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #25
ljb
Veteran

Quote:
Never stated any such garbage. Perhaps it is you who needs the rest....friendo....
Quote:
How about we let wonatthewire respond?
Huh ?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb
Huh ?
How do you equate my response to: THIS IS A NEW RULE --> "We can only respond to notes posted to us."

All I asked was for US to let won respond before we begin to validate your battle fatigue diagnosis of myself.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #27
ljb
Veteran

So then to clarify.
We should not respond to a note until the original poster has responded ? These twists and spins are getting confusing PA, but you continue to do what you have to do, if it makes you feel better.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #28
russowen77

Funny that you are using the term "chickenhawk".

That was the title of one of the best books about Vietnam and was written about the air war in the south. That was my war and to me the book was spot on.

We would be in the air on edge and fearful. The chicken part. Once the poop hit the fan we would fight like hell. The hawk part. After the combat was over the anxiety would set back in and the chicken would come back out. About perfectly described a low level day in Viet Nam.

The idea that a combat tour shouldn't fulfill ones requirements to get a college education sickens me personally. The average troop will pay for it the rest of his/her life.
russowen77 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2008, 11:21 AM   #29
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Agree, Russ.
Anyone who sees combat should get FREE college, a free home, free car, and free health care for themsleves and thier family - forever. And probably more.

Cost too high?
Tell it to the survivors of those who don't come back.
We treat out vets shamefully. This should be topic number one at every press conference, debate, press briefing. The sacrifices on the battlefield never stop - yet the talk back home seldom lasts past "We should do something."
Both parties have failed miserably.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #30
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb
So then to clarify.
We should not respond to a note until the original poster has responded ? These twists and spins are getting confusing PA, but you continue to do what you have to do, if it makes you feel better.
No twists, no spins. This was a specific instance which you have extrapolated to apply as a general rule, for whatever twisted reason.

When I create new global rules, you'll be the first to receive official notice.

But again, you are showing just how inconsequential your contributions have become by continuing this little side-show between us....