Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-18-2018, 11:50 AM   #91
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Maybe they should just "deport" him to the middle of Poop City -- the city within a city. Just don't give him a map so that he won't be able to escape.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:50 AM   #92
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
So it is a "BIAS" now, if Americans feel that we need to enforce are immigration laws. Good substitute term for "racist".

If I wanted to call someone a racist I would.

The point I was making is to most independents (Not Trump Supporters OR Liberals) a shut down would look worse on the Republicans than the Democrats because they are the party in power.

Also the Democrats have less to lose because they A) don't have the senate B) don't have the house and C) don't have the presidency.

Yours and Boxcar's comments about race are hilarious here... you can close your Obama playbooks with me.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #93
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
After all these years why haven't these DACA's applied for citizenship?
The D stands for deferred, they knew this day could come.
Yep Saw a lady on TV bitchin' about the Ending of Hatti's TPS.. and how she could be sent back in 180 days... after 20 years in CA... seems she fled the up-rise then extended after the quake. Course in those 20 years here never took the time to learn the language.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #94
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

If I wanted to call someone a racist I would.

The point I was making is to most independents (Not Trump Supporters OR Liberals) a shut down would look worse on the Republicans than the Democrats because they are the party in power.

Also the Democrats have less to lose because they A) don't have the senate B) don't have the house and C) don't have the presidency.

Yours and Boxcar's comments about race are hilarious here... you can close your Obama playbooks with me.
Sounds like you are on that idiot Obama wannabe Cory Booker's talking points email list.

Maybe in the old days, the GOP would wilt from the stupid accusations that you and Cory Booker are posing but those days ended on Nov. 8, 2016.

There is a new GOP leader in this country and he is President Donald J. Trump.

Your consistent anti-Trump meme comes into play with each and every post, despite being consistently wrong at each turn. Shameful and hilarious.

Join the CNNs and MSNBCs of the world using Booker's (il)logic and see how fast the rest of the country laughs at you.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #95
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Sounds like you are on that idiot Obama wannabe Cory Booker's talking points email list.

Maybe in the old days, the GOP would wilt from the stupid accusations that you and Cory Booker are posing but those days ended on Nov. 8, 2016.

There is a new GOP leader in this country and he is President Donald J. Trump.

Your consistent anti-Trump meme comes into play with each and every post, despite being consistently wrong at each turn. Shameful and hilarious.

Join the CNNs and MSNBCs of the world using Booker's (il)logic and see how fast the rest of the country laughs at you.
I'm not the one who threw racism out there Mr. Booker.

I merely said a shut down will hurt the incumbent party. But okay...

I've got a pretty good bead on how these immigration talks are playing out. Even called it.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #96
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm not the one who threw racism out there Mr. Booker.

I merely said a shut down will hurt the incumbent party. But okay...

I've got a pretty good bead on how these immigration talks are playing out. Even called it.
Is your good bead on immigration the same as what your bead was pertaining to Trump's business and trade acumen or his ability to get companies to agree with him on trade matters? You were so sure then but yet so wrong, remember? Nah, I guess you don't remember (but we do).

By basically agreeing with the likes of Lindsay Graham, Dick Durbin and Cory Booker on these new matters will only bring you down another peg of irrelevancy. They are all clueless and out of the mainstream about immigration. And, as a reminder, immigration, DACA, and the government 'closing' are all tied together one way or another.

Last edited by reckless; 01-18-2018 at 01:15 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 01:09 PM   #97
Fager Fan
Veteran

A shut down will hurt the Dems more, as everyone knows why it may shut down, and most Americans won't be too understanding of someone in the military not getting paid because liberals insist on doing something about "dreamers" right now.

In addition, we're all getting tired of the constant "OMG! The government could shut down!!!!!!!!" Trump didn't start this, this is on Congress.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #98
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Is your good bead on immigration the same as what your bead was pertaining to Trump's business and trade acumen or his ability to get companies to agree with him on trade matters? You were so sure then but yet so wrong, remember? Nah, I guess you don't remember (but we do).

By basically agreeing with the likes of Lindsay Graham, Dick Durbin and Cory Booker on these new matters will only bring you down another peg of irrelevancy. They are all clueless and out of the mainstream about immigration. And, as a reminder, immigration, DACA, and the government 'closing' are all tied together one way or another.
Name one thing President Trump has messed up on so far?

Or are you that incapable of objectivity?
Old 01-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #99
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
A shut down will hurt the Dems more, as everyone knows why it may shut down, and most Americans won't be too understanding of someone in the military not getting paid because liberals insist on doing something about "dreamers" right now.

In addition, we're all getting tired of the constant "OMG! The government could shut down!!!!!!!!" Trump didn't start this, this is on Congress.
The issue right now isn't with just Democrats. Republicans are having trouble among their own.

And yes Trump did kinda start this back in September when he turned on McConnell and Ryan in favor of Chuckle and Nancy.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:25 PM   #100
upthecreek

Do Dems care?

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #101
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Yep Saw a lady on TV bitchin' about the Ending of Hatti's TPS.. and how she could be sent back in 180 days... after 20 years in CA... seems she fled the up-rise then extended after the quake. Course in those 20 years here never took the time to learn the language.
or start the process to become a resident?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #102
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Point of order?

If the government does shut down, does Durbin the Turban have to shut his big mouth?
Old 01-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #103
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Point of order?

If the government does shut down, does Durbin the Turban have to shut his big mouth?
As a senator, he is non-essential to the running of our country, so the answer is yes. Officially that is.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 04:49 PM   #104
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
As a senator, he is non-essential to the running of our country, so the answer is yes. Officially that is.
Youdaman!
Rep points for that post!
Old 01-18-2018, 05:38 PM   #105
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Youdaman!
Rep points for that post!
Thank You! I hope to get to 20 so I can trade them in for a new lawnmower. Kinda like green stamps back in the day. I can't imagine what you can but with 100 rep points. Maybe a nuclear warhead from Kim Jong Un
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply