Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #16
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The bill was a bipartisan effort worked up by six senators not just those two. It appropriates 2.7 billion for a wall or whatever other border security was on the table. Established DACA and limited chain migration. My comments on it last week here and here.

As for other articles here is an old one.

Also waaay back when Trump extended DACA instead of killing it like his base wanted I said it a bad idea and gave up his leverage you all disagreed... around the same time he sided with Democrats on the debt ceiling which you all supported and I disagreed with... he's now been outmanuervered.

Republicans’ no-win choice: Dreamers or defense

4D Chess.

My post last fall...
It was NOT a bipartisan bill. Having pro illegal immigration Republicans on it just proves that. Lets start negotiations again, this time with pro American Republicans instead. The original DACA proposal was for the kids, now we have expanded it to include the parents. It is getting worse. Where is the 20 billion for the 700 miles of border wall. Chain migration is still in place. Awful compromise.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #17
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
It was NOT a bipartisan bill. Having pro illegal immigration Republicans on it just proves that. Lets start negotiations again, this time with pro American Republicans instead. The original DACA proposal was for the kids, now we have expanded it to include the parents. It is getting worse. Where is the 20 billion for the 700 miles of border wall. Chain migration is still in place. Awful compromise.
If you feel that way fine... it's probably pretty close to what you're going to get. You can thank Trump for that.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #18
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
If you feel that way fine... it's probably pretty close to what you're going to get. You can thank Trump for that.
You can try to blame Trump, but it's no way his fault that this is what others came up with.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #19
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
You can try to blame Trump, but it's no way his fault that this is what others came up with.
By extending DACA and the debt ceiling when he did in September he allowed it to now be used as a chip in regards to government shutdown.

I literally posted that this would happen back then. But now you want to slide in and say... well it's not his fault. But it is. He gave away leverage.

I find it great that I'm never right around here except when I am. Where is the White House's Immigration plan or is it still filed away somewhere with the great Obamacare replacement?

This was bad maneuvering by the White House that GOP leadership warned them against doing and they did it anyway. What s going to end up happening is a immigration deal that will be really watered down from the campaign promises of Trump. His Chief of Staff is now undercutting him.

I'll be happy. Immigration hawks won't be.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-18-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #20
zico20

Quote:
By extending DACA and the debt ceiling when he did in September he allowed it to now be used as a chip in regards to government shutdown.

I literally posted that this would happen back then. But now you want to slide in and say... well it's not his fault. But it is. He gave away leverage.

I find it great that I'm never right around here except when I am. Where is the White House's Immigration plan or is it still filed away somewhere with the great Obamacare replacement?

This was bad maneuvering by the White House that GOP leadership warned them against doing and they did it anyway. What s going to end up happening is a immigration deal that will be really watered down from the campaign promises of Trump. His Chief of Staff is now undercutting him.

Trump made his immigration plans abundantly clear. A border wall, more border agents, more money for security, an end to chain migration, and end to the visa lottery system, go to a merit based system. In exchange, the Democrats get their DACA deal. What is so hard to figure out. Trump will not back down now, he has too much to lose.

So you will be happy with millions more uneducated, unskilled, non English speaking Americans flooding our country. Great, move to LA and live a life of bliss.

Last edited by zico20; 01-18-2018 at 10:51 AM.
zico20 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #21
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:

This thread wasn't about what you're talking about. It's about the two snakes who threw the monkey wrench into this by reporting a word used by Trump in a private meeting. And why they did it. I want to string up Graham by his ears.

But I'll still push back on you how this could've and should've happened as it should've if not for these two, so I'm not blaming Trump.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #22
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
This thread wasn't about what you're talking about. It's about the two snakes who threw the monkey wrench into this by reporting a word used by Trump in a private meeting. And why they did it. I want to string up Graham by his ears.

But I'll still push back on you how this could've and should've happened as it should've if not for these two, so I'm not blaming Trump.
Why is Trumps Chief of Staff now undercutting him on the wall among other things?