Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 07-11-2023, 07:22 PM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Saratoga Plays

This may turn out to be a disaster, but I'm going to keep track of my Saratoga selections, and by the grace of the racing Gods, hopefully show a profit.

First runner on my radar is Kingfish Stevens in R8 on Thursday. I'll make my official play when scratches come out that morning.

Wish me luck - I'll need it
Old 07-11-2023, 08:46 PM   #2
BELMONT 6-6-09

Good luck!! I have a tendency to force more plays during the Saratoga season that i can validate as an advantage wager. Ill have to pay close attention to this weakness.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2023, 12:00 PM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I'll do my best to keep all plays at or under $20

July 13 - Race 8
As stated above, I'm on Kingfish Stevens, who just needs the right trip vs the right compnay, and I think he gets that today.
Three back made a wide move past dueling leaders, hit the lead and got caught. Two back he got a really good trip but was in over his head. He ran well though. Last time out he basically had no shot going wide all the way vs a slow pace. Made a nice move on the far turn into approx a 23.60 1/4m while gaining significant ground. The outside five posts were hitting at only 7% routing on the Widener during the Bel meet. The 12 hole at 1m16 (starting on a turn) is a tough ask.
Drawn better today, blinkers on, should save some ground and hopefully be tough in the lane. Note he has cheek pieces off today - always a profitable angle
The 5-1 ML is a pipe dream in my opinion. Thinking he's more like 7-2 at post time.

Taking a chance and tossing the #6 horse for Al Stall, who usually brings 'em ready to fire at Sar. In his last two he set and stalked the slowest splits of all turf races run at 1m16 & 1m at the CD meet and couldn't win. If Saez goes for the lead I think he gets cooked.

$2 Ex: 2-5
$2 Ex: 4-5
$15 Win: 5

($19 Bet)
***no play if the odds on the #5 are below 3-1

good luck

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 07-13-2023 at 12:05 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2023, 02:17 PM   #4
Boomer

Race 3....nice value on the
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2023, 05:04 PM   #5
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
I'll do my best to keep all plays at or under $20

July 13 - Race 8
As stated above, I'm on Kingfish Stevens, who just needs the right trip vs the right compnay, and I think he gets that today.
Three back made a wide move past dueling leaders, hit the lead and got caught. Two back he got a really good trip but was in over his head. He ran well though. Last time out he basically had no shot going wide all the way vs a slow pace. Made a nice move on the far turn into approx a 23.60 1/4m while gaining significant ground. The outside five posts were hitting at only 7% routing on the Widener during the Bel meet. The 12 hole at 1m16 (starting on a turn) is a tough ask.
Drawn better today, blinkers on, should save some ground and hopefully be tough in the lane. Note he has cheek pieces off today - always a profitable angle
The 5-1 ML is a pipe dream in my opinion. Thinking he's more like 7-2 at post time.

Taking a chance and tossing the #6 horse for Al Stall, who usually brings 'em ready to fire at Sar. In his last two he set and stalked the slowest splits of all turf races run at 1m16 & 1m at the CD meet and couldn't win. If Saez goes for the lead I think he gets cooked.

$2 Ex: 2-5
$2 Ex: 4-5
$15 Win: 5

($19 Bet)
***no play if the odds on the #5 are below 3-1

good luck
Got my price, got a good inside trip, and ran 3rd.
Totals:
$19.00 wagered
$0.00 returned

Overall - $19.00

Fri July 14 - Race 8
Not enamored with the card after the rains, but the price on the #5 Emerald Forest is too good to ignore here.
Has some back figures that can win this and should get a pretty fast pace to close into. I see the front wraps are off today , which is the clincher for me to make a bet.

$3 Ex: 3-4 w 5
$2 Ex: 9-5
$6 Win: 5
$2 Double: 5 w 3-7-9

($20 wager)
Old 07-15-2023, 12:01 PM   #6
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Got my price, got a good inside trip, and ran 3rd.
Totals:
$19.00 wagered
$0.00 returned

Overall - $19.00

Fri July 14 - Race 8
Not enamored with the card after the rains, but the price on the #5 Emerald Forest is too good to ignore here.
Has some back figures that can win this and should get a pretty fast pace to close into. I see the front wraps are off today , which is the clincher for me to make a bet.

$3 Ex: 3-4 w 5
$2 Ex: 9-5
$6 Win: 5
$2 Double: 5 w 3-7-9

($20 wager)
Terrible pick
Totals: - $39.00

July 15 - Race 6
Will try with the Silver Skillet for Clement/Rosario. She was hard held early last time behind a slowish pace, moved out and in in the lane, and really kicked on in the last 1/16 when she finally got down inside. Stormed past the leaders after the wire, has a work since, and should be all set for the stretch to 1m 3rd off the shelf.
Joel needs to get position from the 10 hole though.

$3 ex box: 2-10
$12 win: 10
($18 bet)

good luck
Old 07-15-2023, 04:45 PM   #7
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Terrible pick
Totals: - $39.00

July 15 - Race 6
Will try with the Silver Skillet for Clement/Rosario. She was hard held early last time behind a slowish pace, moved out and in in the lane, and really kicked on in the last 1/16 when she finally got down inside. Stormed past the leaders after the wire, has a work since, and should be all set for the stretch to 1m 3rd off the shelf.
Joel needs to get position from the 10 hole though.

$3 ex box: 2-10
$12 win: 10
($18 bet)

good luck
The #10 wins but pays only $7.60...
$12 win = $45.60

After 3 Plays
Wagered: $57.00
Returned: $45.60
Total: - $11.40
Old 07-16-2023, 03:23 PM   #8
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Not much appeals to me on this card, but I'll take a small shot on a son of a sire who I think might be a good producer in Solomini

July 16 - Race 5
Ice The Kicker has two siblings who won 2nd time out and is worth a small bet on his debut at a good price right now of 9-1. I know nothing about his trainer

$4 win/place: 7

($8 bet)
Old 07-19-2023, 12:56 PM   #9
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Not much appeals to me on this card, but I'll take a small shot on a son of a sire who I think might be a good producer in Solomini

July 16 - Race 5
Ice The Kicker has two siblings who won 2nd time out and is worth a small bet on his debut at a good price right now of 9-1. I know nothing about his trainer

$4 win/place: 7

($8 bet)
Ran last...lovely

Total Wagered: $65.00
Total Returned: $45.60
Net: - $19.40

Weds July 19 - R10
Swinging for it with the Bernt Again at a nice 8-1 ML price.

Up in class and off lasix after two straight wins. Had good trips those last two and I think she gets another one today with the inside draw. Really like the way she's finished in her last two, has won routing on turf which only a few of her rivals have done, and should get a decent pace to run at. I expect her to be challenging for the lead in the lane.
Get it done Manny.

$2 Ex: 1-3-9 w 2
$12 Win: 2
($18 bet)

good luck
Old 07-19-2023, 06:29 PM   #10
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Ran last...lovely

Total Wagered: $65.00
Total Returned: $45.60
Net: - $19.40

Weds July 19 - R10
Swinging for it with the Bernt Again at a nice 8-1 ML price.

Up in class and off lasix after two straight wins. Had good trips those last two and I think she gets another one today with the inside draw. Really like the way she's finished in her last two, has won routing on turf which only a few of her rivals have done, and should get a decent pace to run at. I expect her to be challenging for the lead in the lane.
Get it done Manny.

$2 Ex: 1-3-9 w 2
$12 Win: 2
($18 bet)

good luck
$2 ex 9-2 returns $114.50

Total Wagered: $83.00
Total Returned: $160.10
Net: + $77.10
Old 07-20-2023, 01:18 PM   #11
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Another nice card at the Spa

July 20 - Race 7
Trying with the Agent Creed off a 6-1 ML.
If you remember, this is the mount that Rosario fell asleep on last time and got nailed late. Not surprised to see someone else in the irons today. I think he was best last time and looked like a winner the whole way (until the last jump LOL).
Should get a pretty swift pace to close into behind the 1a (who may be a rabbit for his stablemate) 2 and 4.
I think the #1 is the only one who can beat me, though the #2 merits respect back on lasix today after a wide trip vs Stks company.

$4 ex: 1-3
$2 ex: 2-3
$14 win: 3
($20 bet)

*also really like the Exact Estimate in R9 who is a half to a couple of pretty good runners, and comes off a win & a neck defeat to subsequent Gr3 winner Catnip.
Bonus fun play (not to be counted as an official play):
Pick 3
R7: 3
R8: 1-2-3-8
R9: 7

good luck today

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 07-20-2023 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:29 PM   #12
fast4522

Race 7 just waiting for maidens to get over, never play them.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Race 7.jpg (100.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Race 7b.jpg (64.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by fast4522; 07-20-2023 at 03:34 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2023, 05:23 PM   #13
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Another nice card at the Spa

July 20 - Race 7
Trying with the Agent Creed off a 6-1 ML.
If you remember, this is the mount that Rosario fell asleep on last time and got nailed late. Not surprised to see someone else in the irons today. I think he was best last time and looked like a winner the whole way (until the last jump LOL).
Should get a pretty swift pace to close into behind the 1a (who may be a rabbit for his stablemate) 2 and 4.
I think the #1 is the only one who can beat me, though the #2 merits respect back on lasix today after a wide trip vs Stks company.

$4 ex: 1-3
$2 ex: 2-3
$14 win: 3
($20 bet)

*also really like the Exact Estimate in R9 who is a half to a couple of pretty good runners, and comes off a win & a neck defeat to subsequent Gr3 winner Catnip.
Bonus fun play (not to be counted as an official play):
Pick 3
R7: 3
R8: 1-2-3-8
R9: 7

good luck today
$4 ex 1-3 pays $22.80

Wagered: $103.00
Returned: $182.90
Total: + $79.90

*currently getting a generous 4-1 on the #7 in R9, whom I'll be betting to win and in Doubles to the 2-7-8 in the last race
Old 07-21-2023, 04:07 PM   #14
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

July 21 - Race 9
The scratches of some early types have led me to the Surge Capacity in the hopes she can wire them under Rosario.
I generally view Brown's Mth runners as his B Team, but he must like her to bring her to Sar and into a Gr3 race off a maiden win. She was game as can be in her debut. Won a 3 way pace war on the inside, then turned away the odds on chalk, and looked good doing it. Plenty left in the tank as she powered home. She was a bit green down the lane, shifting about a little, but I found her to be really impressive.
Three other Brown runners (3-4-5) will be firing late, with the 3-4 being the most dangerous IMO. The 5 switched to her wrong lead last time, lugged in a bit, and looked one paced late. She also had a lackluster gallop out after strong gallops on her previous two runs. I'll toss her from the exacta, although she has run well on less than firm turf.

Maybe Joel can have daylight on the closers here when they hit the lane and hang on for 1st or 2nd.

$4 ex: 3-4 w 2
$12 win: 2
($20 bet)

good luck

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 07-21-2023 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:43 PM   #15
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
July 21 - Race 9
The scratches of some early types have led me to the Surge Capacity in the hopes she can wire them under Rosario.
I generally view Brown's Mth runners as his B Team, but he must like her to bring her to Sar and into a Gr3 race off a maiden win. She was game as can be in her debut. Won a 3 way pace war on the inside, then turned away the odds on chalk, and looked good doing it. Plenty left in the tank as she powered home. She was a bit green down the lane, shifting about a little, but I found her to be really impressive.
Three other Brown runners (3-4-5) will be firing late, with the 3-4 being the most dangerous IMO. The 5 switched to her wrong lead last time, lugged in a bit, and looked one paced late. She also had a lackluster gallop out after strong gallops on her previous two runs. I'll toss her from the exacta, although she has run well on less than firm turf.

Maybe Joel can have daylight on the closers here when they hit the lane and hang on for 1st or 2nd.

$4 ex: 3-4 w 2
$12 win: 2
($20 bet)

good luck
$12 win pays $78.00

Not a wire job but she got the it done with a solid effort

Wagered: $123.00
Returned: $260.90
Net: + $137.90