Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #16
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater View Post
Betting on a race in progress is just ridiculous, in my opinion. Handicapping involves skill and is influenced (short term) by luck, removing either of these just ruins the experience. I'm not doubting that in progress betting is occurring, but if this is happenening now, where does it go in the future? Will betting be allowed on the outcome of an objection or inquiry after the race is finished? How about betting on whether or not there will be a late scratch on the remainder of the racing card? Or whether there will be an altercation between two jockeys, or whether or not the exacta price is posted within 3 minutes after the horses cross the line.

Yeah, sounds good, I'll betcha....
Lets see. They allow betting on photos.

That's always exciting.

Good way to get insurance down if available to negate some losses.

Look there is handicapping and then there is betting, two entirely different animals.

If I had to choose, betting horses in the correct manner beats handicapping horses in the correct manner.

I love horses and horse racing

I love making money betting horses.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #17
Run Nicholas Run
Veteran

they tried that in race wagering in the late 90's in vegas at the orleans , but stopped then the crooks at cantor was involved for a while a few years back but that stopped. If it is a bad or stupid type of idea jay kornegay has to be involved somehow.
Run Nicholas Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #18
waytogo

Very simple to do. You have your smartphone with the Betfair app running ( also use one click betting). You will be connected via the cell phone network.

If you see a horse in the final 16th that looks unbeatable simply click it on your phone and your bet is on.

Sounds simple, but the one day I tried it at the track there were seven races and only had one opportunity. It won and received odds of just under 4/5.

In jump races you can watch the fav closely and if it falls then lay.

Whatever you do, it has to come down to one or max two horses you are tracking in the race and even then you have to be very fast.

Terrestrial TV has a lag of up to seven seconds the internet feeds can be much higher, but most I know who do this use those mediums. Being at the track is a massive advantage, but involves a lot of travel and expense just for some tiny odds bets and a lot of days the finishes will be to close to call to do this and you will end up with zero bets.

Also I remember one horse that had the race won and took at ton of money at 1.01 ( 1 penny in the pound ) then it and ducked out ( crashed through the rail ) a few yards from the post when well clear.

Nothing is guaranteed!
waytogo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 06:22 PM   #19
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
Very simple to do. You have your smartphone with the Betfair app running ( also use one click betting). You will be connected via the cell phone network.

If you see a horse in the final 16th that looks unbeatable simply click it on your phone and your bet is on.

Sounds simple, but the one day I tried it at the track there were seven races and only had one opportunity. It won and received odds of just under 4/5.

In jump races you can watch the fav closely and if it falls then lay.

Whatever you do, it has to come down to one or max two horses you are tracking in the race and even then you have to be very fast.

Terrestrial TV has a lag of up to seven seconds the internet feeds can be much higher, but most I know who do this use those mediums. Being at the track is a massive advantage, but involves a lot of travel and expense just for some tiny odds bets and a lot of days the finishes will be to close to call to do this and you will end up with zero bets.

Also I remember one horse that had the race won and took at ton of money at 1.01 ( 1 penny in the pound ) then it and ducked out ( crashed through the rail ) a few yards from the post when well clear.

Nothing is guaranteed!
The other day in a jump race the favorite was winning by like 10 and a few strides before the finish jock became unbalanced and fell off.

Man the betfair layers had a fit.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #20
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
The other day in a jump race the favorite was winning by like 10 and a few strides before the finish jock became unbalanced and fell off.

Man the betfair layers had a fit.

Allan
Think this is the race you're referencing:

https://www.buzz.ie/sport/watch-jock...sh-line-256407
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply