Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you support a Go Fund Me Campaign to fight the Keeneland Takeout Hike?
Yes, Absolutely I would contribute my $$$$$$$ 9 13.85%
No 56 86.15%
Voters: 65. This poll is closed

Old 08-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #61
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Donating on the HANA site would be easier. Since they are a voice for horseplayers, why not? Just did.
I think Ken Ramsey is all we need.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 01:38 PM   #62
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I think Ken Ramsey is all we need.
So much for the little guy. I happily accept refunds
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #63
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
So much for the little guy. I happily accept refunds
Old 08-27-2017, 08:00 PM   #64
Andy Asaro

Keeneland can send as many groupies to vote as they want. The twitter Poll has been final for a while.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:18 AM   #65
CincyHorseplayer

It makes me sick to my stomach because after Labor Day I'm only thinking Keeneland and Breeder's Cup. They treat us like little insignificant pieces of shit though. An annoyance not a voice. I can hold my dimes.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #66
exactatom

Why target Keeneland?

I know they have raised the takeout, but

1. This is a small 3 week meet held twice a year. When you look at your annual wagering budget, how much does a takeout increase really effect you in comparison to long meets like Santa Anita, etc.
2. Keeneland racing is actually a by product of the auction activities. The purses have been supplemented for years by the auction activity. For an interesting couple of days attend the yearling auction and see the big names of the industry all in the same room filling their stables for future years. I had the good fortune of living in Lexington from 201 to 2013 and went to the sale each year. Hearing how the highest level trainers look at a horse helped me as a visual handicapper.
3. Keeneland attracts high quality fields for its races. This does afford the handicapper a better opportunity to find an overlooked, yet talented horse. I am willing to pay higher takeout and wager in fields of 11 or more horses, almost all of which have a chance of winning than I am to ager in the 5 to 7 horse fields you find occurring more frequently.
4. Face facts, tracks in states without alternative gaming have to do something to continue to attract talented horses. I would rather see a racetrack try something instead of nothing like the Illinois tracks.
5. Keeneland does so much more for the sport than other tracks. The library, live video feeds, etc.

Is the track perfect? No. I find way too many people go there to "be seen" or "dress up" for my tastes and it tends to crowd serious handicappers from getting access to the paddock. However, they try to combat this by encouraging tailgating, having people walk through the crowd and take bets from you, etc.
exactatom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2017, 08:26 PM   #67
Andy Asaro

Why not target Keeneland?

Stand up or standdown.

Keeneland deserves all the misery coming there way.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:28 PM   #68
fmazur

Bad Jockeys.

I do not blame the Jockey as good & bad trips even out. In 50 plus years of racing, I only remember two times the Jockey was at fault. Both times the Jockey jumped off the horse he was riding, but since I did not bet on them, I was not effected. Although in one case, my buddy had $20 on the horse who was in front (at 8/1) and the Jockey jumped off the horse 10 yards from the wire. The horse was DQ'd for not carrying assigned weight for the full race.
fmazur is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: