Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
whisperlunch

Please someone explain how the Gulfstream pic 6 was won yesterday?

.40 cent ticket 1x1x1x1x1x2

Leg 1 paid $23
Leg 2 paid $59
Leg 3 paid $ 132.60
Leg 4 paid $39.80
Leg 5 paid $4.30
Leg 6 paid 5.80

$132 single ??

This is just bullshit.

It was won online from NY.

Will they just sweep it under and avoid bad publicity?

Hahahaha.40 cents.
whisperlunch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 04:18 PM   #2
Augenj
Top Horse Analytics

I've been suspicious of this track for a long time, especially after the best connections head back north after the Aqueduct winter meet. This is ugly if these numbers are true.
Augenj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
green80

either you have the luckiest guy in the world or a little past posting going on somewhere.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
whisperlunch

I read it was hit online from a nyra account I believe. How is this not front page news ? .40 cents into hundreds of thousands

Why is the guy not interviewed or someone not looking into this? I know it just happened but Gulfstream needs to put out a statement. Below is copy and paste of only article I've found

20-cent Rainbow 6 jackpot was hit for $259,573.34 Saturday at Gulfstream Park with a 40-cent ticket.
The wager was made on a NYRA wagering account. The ticket: 1/2/7/7/8/3,14 = .40 cents. Yes, 40 cents
The popular multi-race wager went unsolved for 13 consecutive programs before the only ticket with the winning combination of 1-2-7-7-8-3 broke the jackpot.
The Rainbow 6 carryover jackpot is paid out only when there is a single unique ticket sold with all six winners. On days when there is no unique ticket sold, 70 percent of that day's pool goes back to those bettors holding tickets with the most winners while 30 percent is carried over to the jackpot pool.
There were two horses eligible to take down the jackpot, No. 3 Miss Maserati, the 9-5 favorite and No. 14 Kassady Light, a 60-1 longshot, in the final race of Saturday's 12-race card. Miss Maserati took over the lead out of the starting gate and drew off to score by open lengths to complete the winning Rainbow 6 ticket.
The Rainbow 6 had gone unsolved since July 27, when it was hit for a $436,076.38 jackpot.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #5
Andy Asaro

Probably played way over a thousand 40 cent individual tickets using a program
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 04:53 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

That ticket would be reasonable to put together if your goal is to be the ONLY winner, and it is one of many tickets.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #7
whisperlunch

Wtf?

Not so fast.

Let me understand this. This person has a program that spits out all of his combos to play the pic 6 and the bets are broken down into micro tickets in order to be the only winner? How does this person get the bets placed?

I'm not following. He logs into his online nyra account and then what?
Old 08-20-2017, 05:33 PM   #8
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
That ticket would be reasonable to put together if your goal is to be the ONLY winner, and it is one of many tickets.
Logistically, seems to be a challenge, unless using an automated s/w package that's spitting out and uploading the combos - and even then, I'd have to see the wagering logs to believe it, since the winning combo was so longshot heavy. You'd figure s/w would cluster more longshots in each leg.

IMHO, the only legitimate way a ticket like that is if some little old lady from Montauk is playing her grandkid's ages, or day of birth, or a phone number or something. The numbers were:

1-2-7-7-8-3/12

And then I don't believe it until I see those exact same numbers bet every day on that account for the past couple of years for a 40 cent ticket in the Rainbow Six.

And then, I still don't believe it.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #9
whisperlunch

Parkview I totally agree. There has to more to this. Either the article I read is wrong or this is cheating just like Drexel breeders cup. I find it funny that racing officials and Gulfstream will not comment , not explain how this ticket was structured and the history of the winner.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #10
Track Phantom

I wonder what the odds are that one person could hit this with a .40c ticket without other combos. I'd guess it's in the lottery territory. In other words, if there aren't more combos (and many many many more), I think it's virtually impossible to hit this way unless the guy ate a horse shoe, rainbow, rabbit's foot and four-leaf clover for breakfast.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quickpik?
Old 08-20-2017, 10:29 PM   #12
kevb

Couldn't have been a QuickPick with 2 selections in the last. Two selections in the last is kind puzzling. What if the 14 had been a late scratch?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need to split a big ticket with thousands of combinations into thousands of individual tickets in order to have the only winning combination. If one of your combinations on the big multi-combination ticket wins and no one else wins, then you have the single winning ticket. The only advantage of thousands of individual tickets is if you want to guard against late scratches and getting the winning favorite twice.
kevb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #13
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I have a more interesting question. Where do you upload wagers on NYRA?

Not aware of that feature on that site
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #14
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Let me understand this. This person has a program that spits out all of his combos to play the pic 6 and the bets are broken down into micro tickets in order to be the only winner? How does this person get the bets placed?

I'm not following. He logs into his online nyra account and then what?
Most ADWs offer text file upload.

It's not terribly difficult to write an app (could even be done in Excel) that:

a. Behaves as a ticket generator.

b. Writes the tickets generated by the player to comma delimited text file in a format required by the ADW.

From there the player logs into his or her ADW account -- uploads the file -- and receives a confirmation code.

The hard part is coming up with the winning combos...

Other than that, none of this is rocket science -- and text file upload is available to pretty much everybody with an ADW account.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 08-20-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #15
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Most ADWs offer text file upload.

Other than that, none of this is rocket science -- and text file upload is available to pretty much everybody with an ADW account.

-jp

As I just asked, I have never seen or heard of that feature on NYRA . So if its there , its very well and deliberately hidden
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: