Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #91
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
What a joke! Mueller is.
Spending $millions of tax payer money....for this?
So law breaking is now a okay in your book, so long as it is your guy.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #92
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Its called "Politics" for a reason. Neither party wants this guy in there. His own people are throwing him under the bus.
Please. Republican Congressional leaders have gone totally belly up for the guy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...1cc_story.html
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #93
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
I don't think you can prove or disprove any economic data using historic data, there are too many moving parts. Plus, everyone's definitions very so widely, it is all theory.
Bush put tariffs on steel and 200,000 jobs in industries using steel as an input were lost. There are ways in economic studies to control for other variables. While absolute proof may be questionable, if there is strong evidence that "X" is always followed by "Y", then it is safe to assume at least some causation.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:23 PM   #94
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
They're alleging that Trump paid her off with campaign funds.
They are not alleging anything, just gathering evidence

Allan
Old 04-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #95
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
First of all, the warrant was not executed by Meuller.

second of all, they know exactly what they were looking for.

stuff on the Stormy Daniels settlement, which is not in the realm of Mueller investigation.

Allan
and the Karen Mcdougal settlement also

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/u...osenstein.html

Has nothing at all to do with Trump.

Allan
Old 04-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #96
cordoba
Veteran

cordoba is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 01:57 PM   #97
Clocker

From a web site run by a conservative lawyer:

Quote:
  • It is not unprecedented, at all, to serve a warrant on a lawyer’s office. It usually requires higher levels of scrutiny, to be sure — and like many prosecutorial agencies, DoJ requires several levels of approval for such a warrant. They got it here.
  • It is not unprecedented, at all, to seize attorney-client privileged materials. In no way does that constitute a shredding off the right to counsel or any other constitutional provision. Such materials require strict procedures — a “dirty” team or a special master, with rigid separation from the “clean” team — to ensure that the prosecution team does not get their hands on privileged material. But again: this sort of thing happens all the time. If you were unaware of that fact, it’s time you learned it.
http://patterico.com/
Old 04-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #98
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
From a web site run by a conservative lawyer:

http://patterico.com/
Yes. I know.

And I'm sure Mueller won't be able to see anything he's not supposed to see when they get through "looking it over."

Funny.

To me, this seems to be a last ditch effort at some sort of "score."

You know, when you're about tapped out and it's the last race and you go for broke.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-10-2018 at 02:02 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #99
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There's nothing to respond to.
You mean that there is nothing which you wish to respond to because to do so would mean that you would have to admit to what you don't know or what you choose to ignore.
Such would include that the raid was planned and executed by the District Attorney of the Southern District of New York, a Trump appointee. That is was approved by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, a Trump appointee, in consultation with Acting FBI Director David Bowditch, another Trump appointee.

That there is nothing illegal or even unusual about raiding the office of an attorney, if that attorney is the subject of an investigation.

That the Justice Department has a carefully thought out procedure in cases like this.
The team conducting the search had to “employ adequate precautions” to ensure that they weren’t improperly viewing privileged communications between Cohen and his clients.

The search team would have included a “privilege team,” including lawyers and agents not working the case, which would work to ensure that investigators conducting the search didn’t see privileged communications.

The investigators had to develop a review process for the seized material.

There are actually six steps in the process. They can be found here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a918829dba96

All of this had to pass the approval of the judge before the warrant was approved.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #100
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
You mean that there is nothing which you wish to respond to because to do so would mean that you would have to admit to what you don't know or what you choose to ignore.
Such would include that the raid was planned and executed by the District Attorney of the Southern District of New York, a Trump appointee. That is was approved by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, a Trump appointee, in consultation with Acting FBI Director David Bowditch, another Trump appointee.

That there is nothing illegal or even unusual about raiding the office of an attorney, if that attorney is the subject of an investigation.

That the Justice Department has a carefully thought out procedure in cases like this.
The team conducting the search had to “employ adequate precautions” to ensure that they weren’t improperly viewing privileged communications between Cohen and his clients.

The search team would have included a “privilege team,” including lawyers and agents not working the case, which would work to ensure that investigators conducting the search didn’t see privileged communications.

The investigators had to develop a review process for the seized material.

There are actually six steps in the process. They can be found here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a918829dba96

All of this had to pass the approval of the judge before the warrant was approved.
Exactly. What is there, exactly, to respond to? Facts?

The fact that they are Trump appointees is supposed to mean something I guess?

What is this response people seem to be looking for?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #101
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Exactly. What is there, exactly, to respond to? Facts?

The fact that they are Trump appointees is supposed to mean something I guess?

What is this response people seem to be looking for?
The facts to me seem to point out something very specific was being targeted during this seizure and not some "last ditch attempt."

Multiple Trump appointees authorized this raid which leads me to believe that there is something highly actionable to be discovered with this with move.
Otherwise why risk the fallout?

I don't think they would give out these warrants just willy-nilly to satisfy a special investigator. Gotta be something there. What it is...? Don't know but
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #102
mostpost

Quote:
Yes. I know.

And I'm sure Mueller won't be able to see anything he's not supposed to see when they get through "looking it over."

Funny.

You know, when you're about tapped out and it's the last race and you go for broke.

Thank you for affording me a chance to use the word obtuse. As in "You are really obtuse." Mueller did not raid Cohen's home and office. The District Attorney of the Southern District of New York did.

Mueller does not get to see the results of that raid unless they are used to charge Cohen and maybe not even then. In fact the DASDNY won't even see them if they contain privileged communications between the lawyer and his clients. See post 99 for a detailed explanation. (which you will ignore or dismiss.)
Old 04-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #103
fast4522

Quote:
Yes. I know.

Funny.

Look at the Clinton impeachment as revenge for Watergate.
If you can see something tied to dirty the man at any cost maybe you can see. . . .
Revenge for Clinton's impeachment here.

I am not saying George W. Bush was not someone they couldn't go after, it is just the material that they had to work with plus 911 pushed things out.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #104
Clocker

Quote:

This is a problem with the system. A Special Counsel has to find something, anything, to justify his time and expense feeding at the public trough.

Public information to date indicates that it is much more likely that all evidence will show Cohen guilty of breaking campaign finance law than proving Trump guilty of conspiracy with the Russians.

If that happens, focus shifts to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York to try to link Trump to Cohen's crime, which will take Mueller off the hook for lack of results and he can fade away gracefully, "Mission Accomplished".
Old 04-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #105
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Thank you for affording me a chance to use the word obtuse. As in "You are really obtuse." Mueller did not raid Cohen's home and office. The District Attorney of the Southern District of New York did.

Mueller does not get to see the results of that raid unless they are used to charge Cohen and maybe not even then. In fact the DASDNY won't even see them if they contain privileged communications between the lawyer and his clients. See post 99 for a detailed explanation. (which you will ignore or dismiss.)
The fact that you believe this is kinda sexy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: