Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #16
woodtoo
Registered User
 
woodtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: donkeys ride from ASD
Posts: 8,187
Rep Power: 23 woodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to all
Act on what exactly?
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #17
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,374
Rep Power: 23 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Act on what exactly?
If you can't see the problems this poses for the United States politically I'd suggest you not comment on American Politics anymore.

Get back to studying that owning Trudeau threw on the Trump Administration.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 01:03 PM   #18
woodtoo
Registered User
 
woodtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: donkeys ride from ASD
Posts: 8,187
Rep Power: 23 woodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to all
Sure I can see problems occurring, there already are problems. What will Congress act on. I mean with no real crime and no body.

Guilty til proven innocent, like the K spectacle?
Like President Trump says "Well see what happens."

You always jump the starting gun.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 01:09 PM   #19
Fuss
Registered User
 
Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Red Sox Nation. Always.
Posts: 577
Rep Power: 5 Fuss is a jewel in the roughFuss is a jewel in the roughFuss is a jewel in the rough
Travel internationally enough, eventually you end up needing to visit Embassies and Consulates for different reasons. Usually documents. Last December I was in a foreign county, and yes, they are US Govt employee's but they were all natives. The whole thing gave me the creeps. I had some fleeting thoughts that it was not going to go well, and I'd be jammed up if it didn't.

Three days later, Christmas day, my hotel phone rang and it was Customs & Border just verifying I was in the hotel that I said I was staying in.
Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #20
Greyfox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 17,484
Rep Power: 33 Greyfox is just really niceGreyfox is just really niceGreyfox is just really niceGreyfox is just really niceGreyfox is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
If you can't see the problems this poses for the United States politically I'd suggest you not comment on American Politics anymore.

Get back to studying that owning Trudeau threw on the Trump Administration.
Allow me to take a contrarian view.
The world was thrust into World War I with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo on 28th June 1914.
The death of that man set off a series of events that caused 37 million casualties.
They say "History Repeats Itself."
If the Main Stream Media had its way, history would repeat itself with the death of this journalist.
Hundreds of people around the world "disappear" every day due to clandestine activities of various Governments!
But they are not journalists.
The MSM would not mention this disappearance except it's about a journalist. Would their noses be out of joint if it were about a baker or shoemaker?
The MSM is whipping up public sentiment paying no heed to the fact that a war could be triggered. Never forget WW I.
Trump and America shouldn't be sticking their nose in this affair.
It should not have an impact on American politics.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #21
incoming
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 930
Rep Power: 15 incoming will become famous soon enoughincoming will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Allow me to take a contrarian view.
The world was thrust into World War I with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo on 28th June 1914.
The death of that man set off a series of events that caused 37 million casualties.
They say "History Repeats Itself."
If the Main Stream Media had its way, history would repeat itself with the death of this journalist.
Hundreds of people around the world "disappear" every day due to clandestine activities of various Governments!
But they are not journalists.
The MSM would not mention this disappearance except it's about a journalist. Would their noses be out of joint if it were about a baker or shoemaker?
The MSM is whipping up public sentiment paying no heed to the fact that a war could be triggered. Never forget WW I.
Trump and America shouldn't be sticking their nose in this affair.
It should not have an impact on American politics.
DIRECT HIT!!! Not only was he a journalist, he was a bigtime international player.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #22
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,374
Rep Power: 23 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Trump and America shouldn't be sticking their nose in this affair.
It should not have an impact on American politics.
For the life of me I can't figure out what you're trying to say except this last part which is full-on isolationist America...

A "key" ally, using that term extremely loosely, who owes its very existence to the United States is free to carry out political assassination with impunity? Even if it damages our position both at home and abroad?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #23
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,374
Rep Power: 23 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
DIRECT HIT!!! Not only was he a journalist, he was a bigtime international player.
I don't understand how the fact in ran in some pretty high circles makes this less of a story... opposite in fact.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #24
woodtoo
Registered User
 
woodtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: donkeys ride from ASD
Posts: 8,187
Rep Power: 23 woodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to allwoodtoo is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
For the life of me I can't figure out what you're trying to say except this last part which is full-on isolationist America...

A "key" ally, using that term extremely loosely, who owes its very existence to the United States is free to carry out political assassination with impunity? Even if it damages our position both at home and abroad?
Geez Louise, talk about jumping the gun! There isnt even a G%ddam body yet.
Wait for the FACTS.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #25
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,374
Rep Power: 23 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Geez Louise, talk about jumping the gun! There isnt even a G%ddam body yet.
Wait for the FACTS.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there isn't going to be a body...

The man walked into the Saudi Embassy and then either;

1) Went all Man in the High Castle and I Ching'd to another timeline/dimension.

Or...

2) Was murdered, hacked into tiny bits, and had his body dumped somewhere.

Occams Razor
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #26
Tom
Registered User
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 88,952
Rep Power: 115 Tom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to behold
FanDan says he walked out and has the video to prove it.
Are you saying FanDan is wrong?

I agree with Greyfox - not our problem to take care of.
What we should do is start treating Sorry Arabs for the scumbag-terrorist-murdering-slave traders they are. Travel ban - no US citizen allowed to go there, none for them allowed to come here.
And worse.........
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #27
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,374
Rep Power: 23 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
FanDan says he walked out and has the video to prove it.
Are you saying FanDan is wrong?

I agree with Greyfox - not our problem to take care of.
What we should do is start treating Sorry Arabs for the scumbag-terrorist-murdering-slave traders they are. Travel ban - no US citizen allowed to go there, none for them allowed to come here.
And worse.........


I say we start hanging them out to dry and let them and Iran sort out their shit... as Kissinger said regarding the Iraq/Iran war:

"Its a shame they both can't lose..."

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 10-16-2018 at 03:20 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #28
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,374
Rep Power: 23 elysiantraveller will become famous soon enough
At some point he will insult his supporters intelligence...

elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 04:14 PM   #29
Tom
Registered User
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 88,952
Rep Power: 115 Tom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to behold
Who, Fan Dan?
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #30
TJDave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,458
Rep Power: 17 TJDave will become famous soon enoughTJDave will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
At some point he will insult his supporters intelligence.
Impossible.

There is no there, there.
__________________
Numerous Christians have come out of perverse lifestyles.

famous Christian apologist
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
To Compete with Sports Betting must lower takeout/breakage on higher churn wagers?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.