Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #136
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
If I'm not mistaken, there was only one other dirt route that day and it was the Oaks. Have fun putting together figures using comps from a stakes restricted to fillies and a couple sprints. Getting a really big picture, Unique Bella ran a 6F fraction in 1:10.4 at the track this year and won the race. That was two seconds faster than Justify's plodding to the pole. Maybe he's just playing like American Pharoah did in the rebel but I doubt it against a horse like Bolt.
There was two others, and both races featured horses (non maidens) who had established form.

One was Midnight Bisou and other young fillies (they usually go forwards, not backwards) and one start alw race.

How good do you think McKinzie is at 8.5F? Bolt ran him dead even, earned a solid figure, then in a race with a distance that Bolt should have moved forward with figure wise second off a layoff he got drubbed 3 lengths and more or less paired figures up.

There are solid arguments why Justify may not win the Derby (pedigree, experience, large field with random trouble, foundation) but the idea he just is not that fast is no one of them.

I would argue if anything Beyer has the race too SLOW, I dont think Midnight Bisou went backwards, along with all the other fillies in the race. I think Timeform is spot on with the figures they gave. I have no idea about Bris.

The derby is not going to verify the figure, it will take more races from the entire field to know how good or bad the figure was.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2018, 09:11 PM   #137
jocko699
Resurrectionist

*Bump* Some hilarious posts in this thread!!!!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #138
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
*Bump* Some hilarious posts in this thread!!!!

Glad I was an early Fanboy.

RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #139
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Hopefully he can stay very sound.... OMG!! What an engine. Watch out for this BIG GUY come the first Saturday in May... What an effort... Holy Toledo Batman!!
LOL Nice early call here
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #140
HalvOnHorseracing

I went to the Belmont this year along with 90-100,000 other people. There were people who took a spot along the paddock fence when the arrived so they wouldn't miss Justify. I have a few complaints about the day and I think I'll probably blog about them.

The biggest stat:

- 7 favorites won, none over 8/5

- 3 longshots over 10-1

- 2 between 5/2 and 9/2

- 1 straggler between 5-1 and 9-1

Over 50% of the winners were low price favorites. You had to work hard to make money.

The track is starting to have that run down Pimlico field. On the third floor grandstand pigeons had obviously taken over some of the rafters, given some areas totally covered in pigeon crap.

The lines for food and drink were long, as were the lines at the betting machines. If there is one thing I'll never get past, it's some idiot with a $10 voucher finally deciding to handicap a race at the window. Or five young guys standing around the machine arguing what to bet.

They had a loud music show inside the facility. It may have attracted more college kids than the races.

One other thing I'd say. You can't see shit without binoculars down the backstretch so you're reduced to watching the chicklets.

I got my glimpse of Justify passing the eighth pole and walked out with a $2 win ticket on him as a souvenir. A long, long day.

Last edited by HalvOnHorseracing; 06-11-2018 at 08:49 PM.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #141
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadVindication View Post
LOL Nice early call here
Thank you very much MadV.... When I saw him on Feb. 18 his performance gave me goosebumps (chills), however, you know in Horse Racing as brilliant as they can be they are at the same time such fragile animals that you just don't want to be associated with jinxing one of them.....

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2019, 09:40 PM   #142
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Horse of the Year

Alright!!!!!!
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: