Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #31
Dave Schwartz

Tom,

Three stars is pretty good for a beginner's book.

Dave
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #32
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Tom,

Three stars is pretty good for a beginner's book.

Dave
You gave a good review of the book.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #33
Johnny V

Dave,
Thank you for that helpful review.
Johnny V is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #34
coachv30

Just finished this book yesterday. Not much of a read, more of a tutorial manual. However, the techniques did net me a nice profit today ($540 total). Out of 9 races I had four exactas, two trifectas and a nice double. However, I realize that one day is not enough to deem it a successful system. I am now going to start reading "Pace makes the Race".
coachv30 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #35
dkithore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30
Just finished this book yesterday. Not much of a read, more of a tutorial manual. However, the techniques did net me a nice profit today ($540 total). Out of 9 races I had four exactas, two trifectas and a nice double. However, I realize that one day is not enough to deem it a successful system. I am now going to start reading "Pace makes the Race".
Listen, I am not doubting your claim but few will buy your claims unless you provide the evidence: "where is the beef". Bloggers here are a tough crowd. Just a word of caution. Good luck with the horse arcing. I read it too and I concur with Dave's review. But hey, I can't argue with success.
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #36
coachv30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkithore
Listen, I am not doubting your claim but few will buy your claims unless you provide the evidence: "where is the beef". Bloggers here are a tough crowd. Just a word of caution. Good luck with the horse arcing. I read it too and I concur with Dave's review. But hey, I can't argue with success.

I agree 100%...just thought I would add my two-cent review.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #37
coachv30

I just finished reading "Pace makes the Race". These two books seem to be very compatible to one another as far as constructing a hybrid system using information provided by both sources? Has anyone else read this combination? If so, are there any other books that you would recommend to add to the hybrid?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #38
VastinMT

Quote:
This is great! I love it!!!
VastinMT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #39
Sly7449

3 I Test

Sure would be nice if all these Horse Racing Handicapping Products get a Pre Screening by a Panel of individuals like those on Shark Tank.

I wonder if Consumer Affairs even gets involved in Products of this nature.

In some of these cases, it is apparent that unfair pricing exists in addition to the production of materials that really should be a Product of Proctor and Gamble.

Lack of Content may be a Strategy used to sacrifice Quality for Quantity.

Of these, Shark Tank would evaluate for the 3 I Test.

Innovative

Imitators

Idiots
Sly7449 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #40
Sly7449

Dishonorable mention

There were plenty of other scams during the year that cost consumers money and heartache. Making our dishonorable mention list this year are the many scams related to the BP oil spill, this year's one-time $250 payment to Medicare Part D participants and the growing number of cyber scams. In that last category, "tabnabbing" could be one to keep an eye on in the new year.

It goes without saying, as we do each year, that consumers must remain vigilant against those who use deception and trickery to part them from their money. Important financial decisions should never be rushed and consulting a trusted friend of adviser is always a good idea.

As always, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...s-of-2010.html
Sly7449 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #41
coachv30

Has anyone elseread this book and seem to find some validity in the "Target Horse" theory?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #42
dkithore

Quote:
Has anyone elseread this book and seem to find some validity in the "Target Horse" theory?
Coach,

IMO target horse is similar to the key horse or a legitimate favorite (provided he wins). The book that we both read has not provoked great interest here. You may not get a hundred replies to your quest.
The bottom line is record keeping to validate the theory is the way to test the theory. It is that simple. For example, I tested his cumulative class theory that he said, "it works". Well it does sometimes point to the class of the horse (better than average purse value). I rely on it as an indicator in contender selection process. Especially when playing races where I do not have reliable pace and speed figures. Like everything in horse racing, you must fight your way through with dogged perseverance.

Do you recall from other threads, "there is no absolute truth in racing..."
Good luck!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #43
coachv30

Quote:
Coach,

IMO target horse is similar to the key horse or a legitimate favorite (provided he wins). The book that we both read has not provoked great interest here. You may not get a hundred replies to your quest.
The bottom line is record keeping to validate the theory is the way to test the theory. It is that simple. For example, I tested his cumulative class theory that he said, "it works". Well it does sometimes point to the class of the horse (better than average purse value). I rely on it as an indicator in contender selection process. Especially when playing races where I do not have reliable pace and speed figures. Like everything in horse racing, you must fight your way through with dogged perseverance.

Do you recall from other threads, "there is no absolute truth in racing..."
Good luck!
Thanks DK...I was just curious because I've started combining some of the theories in this book and PAndy's book with my own theories and I have found out the the "Target Horse" is actually finishing in the money a good percentage of the time; and it is not always a favorite.

I am finding that the target horse is usually the favorite when it shows up multiple times on the matrix. As far as the class cumulative, I haven't used it. I do use the Beyer cumulative however.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #44
dkithore

Quote:
Thanks DK...I was just curious because I've started combining some of the theories in this book and PAndy's book with my own theories and I have found out the the "Target Horse" is actually finishing in the money a good percentage of the time; and it is not always a favorite.

I am finding that the target horse is usually the favorite when it shows up multiple times on the matrix. As far as the class cumulative, I haven't used it. I do use the Beyer cumulative however.
Coach,

Do you find Beyer spd cum. helpful in identifying contenders? Do you back check to see if they are reliable? How reliable? For me, a factor such as this is reliable if shows up over 50% of winners as significant.

I have not read Pandy's yet But I will in a few weeks.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #45
coachv30

Quote:
Coach,

Do you find Beyer spd cum. helpful in identifying contenders? Do you back check to see if they are reliable? How reliable? For me, a factor such as this is reliable if shows up over 50% of winners as significant.

I have not read Pandy's yet But I will in a few weeks.
I do actually find it very reliable especially because I bet mainly exotics (exactas and tri's). The only time I place a win bet is if I get 4 to 1 odds or better on my key horse. ( I don't bet big; $5 win bets and $1 exacta/trifecta boxes)