Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-22-2016, 12:50 AM   #1
shots

Arrested for stealing soda

Cody Morris, 18, was arrested Monday for putting soda inside a water cup at a Springdale McDonald's, refusing to return the soda, according to the police report sent to 40/29 News.

The manager told police he tried to stop the suspects from driving away, but he was hit by their car, according to the report.

The manager for the McDonald's at 520 S. Thompson St. called police Monday to report a robbery, according to the report. The manager told police 3 people went through the drive thru and asked for 3 large waters. Those 3 parked, went into the restaurant, dumped out the water and then filled the cups with soda, the manager told police.

The manager asked the 3 people to return the soda. Two of them did, but one did not, the manager told police.

Then, the manager stood behind the suspect's car and tried to stop them from leaving, according to the report, but the car reversed and hit the manager. The manager tried to get the keys out of the ignition and was hit on the hand and then by the vehicle again, the manager told police.

Police found the vehicle at a bowling alley and arrested the driver, who was Cody Morris, according to the report.

The police report lists one charge against Morris - that of felony robbery. The Washington County Detention Center website shows Morris was booked into jail Tuesday, and had a Rule 8.1 hearing scheduled for Friday morning.
shots is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2016, 12:57 AM   #2
Clocker

He was arrested for felony stupidity.

That McD manager was also guilty of misdemeanor stupidity.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:05 AM   #3
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Obviously not raised right. Put him in the slammer and teach him a life lesson.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #4
HalvOnHorseracing

Sounds like a death penalty case to me. I mean, you don't want someone that dumb pro-creating after all.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2016, 09:50 AM   #5
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
The kids were merely imitating what Jameis Winston did at Burger King.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #6
highnote

The manager should have gotten the license plate of the car and then called the police. Let the professionals take care of it. For the manager, the downside of trying to stop people from stealing soda is not worth the risk of injury.

Also, it seems more like petty theft than robbery.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2016, 07:08 PM   #7
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
That McD manager was also guilty of misdemeanor stupidity.
He'd probably had it up to there. I sympathize with him. Nothing pisses you off worse than outright theft.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:13 PM   #8
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
He'd probably had it up to there. I sympathize with him. Nothing pisses you off worse than outright theft.

I agree. That was pretty brazen of the perp and definitely would have pushed my hot button, but still, not sure it was worth the risk. A simple phone call to the police would have gotten the same result, but without all the other b.s.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2016, 07:53 PM   #9
zico20

This is nothing more than a show the police are putting on. Felony robbery is a joke. In Missouri the value must be over 500 dollars to constitute a felony charge. What is next, felony robbery for someone who takes a grape or two out of the bag and eats it and then decides not to buy the bag?

The cost of the soda to McDonalds is probably around a quarter I am guessing. This manager was an idiot.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:26 PM   #10
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
This is nothing more than a show the police are putting on. Felony robbery is a joke. In Missouri the value must be over 500 dollars to constitute a felony charge. What is next, felony robbery for someone who takes a grape or two out of the bag and eats it and then decides not to buy the bag?

The cost of the soda to McDonalds is probably around a quarter I am guessing. This manager was an idiot.
Stealing the soda is not felony robbery.

Below is what makes the offense a felony.

Quote:
When the manager attempted to stop the customer, Morris hit the manager twice with the vehicle.
The first physical contact was when the car went into reverse. The second time was when the
McDonald’s manager reached for the keys, which were in the ignition. The source mentions that
the customer hit the manager’s hand — in order to prevent him from stopping his getaway — and
then hit the man with the car again as he escaped.
http://www.inquisitr.com/3017012/cod...-in-water-cup/

I agree the manager is an idiot.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2016, 09:17 AM   #11
MutuelClerk

Damn bowlers. The Dude would be proud. Man.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2016, 01:20 PM   #12
delayjf

So he should be charged with felony assault.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply