Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-29-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
bigeastbeast

Just combined 2 tote board systems.........

................for the last 4 races at PARX.

The results;2 winners at $7.40 and $21.80,and 2 places at $9.40 and $7.20

I took the top 3 horses on the ML and compared them with the top 3 horses in the betting with about 5 minutes left.If only one horse moved into the top three that was the bet PROVIDED(Here's where the second system comes in) the horse is also first or second in either the daily double or pick 3 or 4 or 5 when you divide the ML's into the payoff( 6-1 into a 120 payoff is 20; 10-1 into a 360 payoff is 36,etc.)

I'm not claiming this to be the missing link,but all 4 horses were flying at the finish.A lot more needs to be done of course.Still,even this small sample size is encouraging.

Neither system was a creation of mine,however.One was from Al Stanley,the harness race guy.The other was from Robert Rowe.Maybe both together is synergistic.
bigeastbeast is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #2
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbeast

I took the top 3 horses on the ML and compared them with the top 3 horses in the betting with about 5 minutes left.If only one horse moved into the top three that was the bet PROVIDED(Here's where the second system comes in) the horse is also first or second in either the daily double or pick 3 or 4 or 5 when you divide the ML's into the payoff( 6-1 into a 120 payoff is 20; 10-1 into a 360 payoff is 36,etc.)

I'm not claiming this to be the missing link,but all 4 horses were flying at the finish.A lot more needs to be done of course.Still,even this small sample size is encouraging.

Neither system was a creation of mine,however.One was from Al Stanley,the harness race guy.The other was from Robert Rowe.Maybe both together is synergistic.
What do you think is the reasoning behind why it works?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #3
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbeast

Can you explain what you mean by this highlighted statement please?

Last edited by ultracapper; 03-29-2016 at 06:22 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
bigeastbeast

By that,I mean that 2 of the first three on the ML stayed in the top three in the betting while one moved out and a horse from outside of the top three moved in to the top three in the betting.

I figure about 5 minutes to go is good,but will experiment further with larger pools and shorter wait times between races.Plus,you may take a chance by expanding the rules if the odds are worth it.Today's $21 horse was dead even in the betting with another but was just behind the favorite when you apply the second system of dividing the ML into the payoff.
bigeastbeast is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2016, 12:40 AM   #5
shots

Trainer Patricia Farro won races 1,8,9 and 2nd place finishers in races 3 and 7 at Parx. Maybe this will help .
shots is offline   Reply With Quote Reply