Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-12-2016, 10:01 PM   #61
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
10 and 12 suddenly off the turf??? WTF!!! What Bull Shit, they are similar and I think I still have a shot but WTF!
I just saw this now, and this is outlandish. I live about 25 miles from GG, and there hasn't been an ounce of rain in the past 6 weeks. WTF is their explanation? A rogue sprinkler system?
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #62
shots

Bettors got the shaft, while the horeman, track and state made out.
shots is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #63
parlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by shots
Not sure how it benefited them for this to happen, i can only think that if they had taken them OFF early it would have decimated the fields and drastically reduced the new money today.
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #64
AlBundy33

Quote:
Originally Posted by shots
After this, bettors should not even look at this track.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #65
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBundy33
After this, bettors should not even look at this track.
I say before, during and after this. You have fake dirt, F off.

I don't even acknowledge it's existence. After reading about this garbage, I feel thankful for feeling that way.

A joke.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 06-12-2016 at 10:31 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 10:26 PM   #66
Fox

I would have thought there would have been 2 payouts for the horses that dead heated the first race. One involving the #2 and another involving the #3.

Is this single payout usually how horizontal wager dead heats are handled?

I am not complaining as I had the lower odds #3 in the first leg.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 10:29 PM   #67
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
I would have thought there would have been 2 payouts for the horses that dead heated the first race. One involving the #2 and another involving the #3.

Is this single payout usually how horizontal wager dead heats are handled?

I am not complaining as I had the lower odds #3 in the first leg.
Standard rule, been around forever. Any 2 horses in a pick 4,5,6 that dead heat are treating as if both won, it's that simple.

I once had a 30/1 dead heat with an even money. It's as if I hit a 4/5 shot.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 10:46 PM   #68
AlBundy33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I say before, during and after this. You have fake dirt, F off.

I don't even acknowledge it's existence. After reading about this garbage, I feel thankful for feeling that way.

A joke.
Never played there much to begin with, but after this they gave me a reason not to play they there.

I actually feel bad for Angela Hermann just for the fact that she went to a track that was all about customer service to one that doesn't give two sh!ts about the player, regardless of who was to blame between the jockeys and management, who at the end of the day is responsible for the condition of the turf course.

You an opportunity Golden Gate and you blew it spectacularly.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:50 PM   #69
ultracapper

What a farce. It works out to somewhere between 23,500 and 24,000 winning tickets. That's gotta be a record for any kind of P6 in history.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 10:55 PM   #70
SuperPickle

First off anyone who says the track made out doesn't understand how tracks work. They rely on churn. The fact that this lost big bettors tons of money is horrible for Golden Gate. Second, from a marketing perspective they want a six, seven figure payout. The bet is marketed as a life changing score. You don't think next time there's a mandatory payout everyone will remember this.

Second, this is solely on the jockeys. Like I said the track did everything right. The carded the 4th on the turf. The bet started with the 7th. If the turf was bad they should have said so after the 4th. They didn't. They should have ridden the last three on the turf. They had their chance to speak up after the 4th. They didn't.

If I ran Golden Gate I'd make that jockey's room look like an 1800's schoolhouse. No tv's. No electric. No hot water. Let them take cold showers and sit on the floor between races. If the don't care about my customers I won't care about them.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 11:14 PM   #71
ultracapper

It will be interesting to hear the explanation. The horses looked fine running in the 4th and the race went in rock solid time for GG turf racing. The 6th went more like you expect at GG from a clock standpoint, but again it looked like there was no issue with any of the horses' action. The jocks should have spoke up right then with the P6 starting in a half hour. They could have made the announcement, moved the post time out an additional 20 minutes and the moaning would have been loud, but minimized a little anyway.

Just an aside. The bitching about the race caller working GG is more annoying than her actual calls. She's better now than when she started, and she's going to get even better. She's going to be fine. Lighten up on her. Geez.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 11:46 PM   #72
njstu44
Stu

Shame on them

what would it have paid ....my guess 50k
njstu44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 11:54 PM   #73
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstu44
what would it have paid ....my guess 50k
For a 20-cent wager? More like 10k.

No favourites won, which doesn't surprise me as I looked at the races in advance and didn't see even one horse that I would've wanted to single. But there weren't any real bomb winners, either.

17/1 DH with 6/1
9/2
7/2
10/1
3/1
6/1
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2016, 12:03 AM   #74
shots

Looking at the replays the type of turf races carded didn't allow them to move the rails out. Five races over the same part of the turf wod get it chewed up pretty good.
shots is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2016, 12:14 AM   #75
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost king
The only ones to blame in this mess of off the turf, has got to be the Jockey colony, who I imagined refused to run on the grass. I can't see the track making this call on their own.
This happened years ago at Hollywood Park and it screwed a guy out of the pick 6 on a closing day.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply