Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #211
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimsus
Not necessarily, I have access to 3 wireless networks where I am posting from right now, it's that easy.
There is more to this story than just looking for IP addresses also. But only having 3 IP's would be picked up pretty quick. You realize that IP address info is available right down to the street it is coming from right? Neighborhood info is available also. This would be a discussion for PA to have.......he is an expert at spotting retreads...........
Old 07-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #212
willphorse

Here is some constructive criticism for Only11.... If you are going to make a comeback.... worry more about handicapping and less about talking baseball with the world. It seems as though you are more interested in PROVING you are a good handicapper by posting your ADW account and all that, or how important you used to be in the BIG LEAGUES.... instead of letting your handicapping do the talking like Dahoss is doing.

Just Handicap. Don't talk smack, Don't talk baseball, Don't tell us how good you are. Just Handicap, and Post selections.
willphorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #213
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by only11
Hedevar what was your profession ?Im asking this question to you....do you really think people could make a living playing horses?...BS little Guy claims hes a lifetime winner ...i almost fell off my chair...of course he will tell you the 19.60 winner and then he goes 4 for 34,,,
I don't want to turn this into a TLG vs. only11 thread when DaHoss is already handing you your a** quite easily, but I will point out that I remember Andy giving out a $100,000+ Pick 6 back on the old DRF forum. That had to go a long way towards putting him ahead for life.

And Only11, while you're talking is amusing or something, you do realize that the guy who talks trash while he's getting destroyed at something he brags about looks pretty stupid (that guy being you). It's like you going up to the plate and striking out in 4 straight at-bats, then bragging about how you owned that pitcher.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #214
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
I don't know about it being fun, but I get what you are saying. Again, I'm not asking for him to leave if I win. I never did. He wants me to leave and if he beats me I will. No big deal.

But even you would have to admit he's ridiculous with this lifetime winner stuff and all of the excuses. Put up or shut up. So far he's not putting up and not shutting up. How does that work?
The reason i post that very same phrase is because members here like to be very critical..they sound like they are never ever wrong..
Dahoss i have complimented you a few times but never once have i ever had member say anything good about me..and im fine the idiots that say i stink thats bothers me more then your know it all attitude
If they would take time to go thru my history i have posted very few times with few winners...
And i believe i could do anything..and im having fun with this.. we will finish up...and no im not going to shut up...
Enjoy your week see ya on saturday..
only11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #215
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
I don't want to turn this into a TLG vs. only11 thread when DaHoss is already handing you your a** quite easily, but I will point out that I remember Andy giving out a $100,000+ Pick 6 back on the old DRF forum. That had to go a long way towards putting him ahead for life.

And Only11, while you're talking is amusing or something, you do realize that the guy who talks trash while he's getting destroyed at something he brags about looks pretty stupid (that guy being you). It's like you going up to the plate and striking out in 4 straight at-bats, then bragging about how you owned that pitcher.
Andy gave a 100'000 pick 6 what about his 26000 losers come on...everyone in this game loses more then they win...
Old 07-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #216
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willphorse
Here is some constructive criticism for Only11.... If you are going to make a comeback.... worry more about handicapping and less about talking baseball with the world. It seems as though you are more interested in PROVING you are a good handicapper by posting your ADW account and all that, or how important you used to be in the BIG LEAGUES.... instead of letting your handicapping do the talking like Dahoss is doing.

Just Handicap. Don't talk smack, Don't talk baseball, Don't tell us how good you are. Just Handicap, and Post selections.
Your 1000 percent right..im having fun with this..i cant believe the venom people have towards me,thats amusing...
I dont have to prove anything and never said how important i was in the big leagues i was a average pitcher who got lucky,never once have i said i was a all star...
Some cappers around this forum act like they do nothing but pick winners ...there quick to jump on me for having a big mouth..im having alot of fun with this what some people fail to understand is losing this contest means nothing to me it has very little to do with my life..but DAhoss seemed like he never lost a freaking race..he had this know it all attitude which made me get into this nonsense in the first place...
im doing a awful job in handicapping..like i said from now til august 22 i will post my picks right before the race
Old 07-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #217
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01

What about the other 360,000 losers hes given out,you cant be serious he loses just as much as you and me...Come on guys get a grip..
He talks horses..ok now what im sure 90% of this forum could do the same thing..
What is it with people who think these guys are beating the game..jesus please he hit a pick six so has million others cappers..
Old 07-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #218
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

Quote:
Come on guys get a grip..He talks horses..ok now what im sure 90% of this forum could do the same thing..
That's a bit of an exageration. I don't think 90% of us are good enough looking to be on camera like Serling is..

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #219
tucker6

Quote:
DAhoss seemed like he never lost a freaking race..he had this know it all attitude which made me get into this nonsense in the first place...
That may be, but he's backing it up, and then some. You can't deny that his methodology and subsequent scoring support his handicapping ability. I have no ill will toward you. However, as opposed to Dahoss's sublime demeanor where his capping does the talking, you prefer to have your mouth talk on behalf of your handicapping ability, which seems near zero. Honestly, you're at about minus 40% return, and he's at plus 50% using the same rules. You keep talking about being hemmed by the rules, yet fail to acknowledge that if Dahoss played by your rules, the same result may occur anyway. Skill is skill under any set of rules. Show some contrition and you'd get further along in this thread and on this board.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #220
thaskalos

Quote:
Your 1000 percent right..im having fun with this..

im doing a awful job in handicapping..like i said from now til august 22 i will post my picks right before the race
Only11...

Why are you making selections for every single race at Saratoga?

Don't you think that your results would be better is you picked the best races from several tracks...instead of playing every race at the Spa?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #221
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

I'll wait for the movie...
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2010, 03:34 AM   #222
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
That may be, but he's backing it up, and then some. You can't deny that his methodology and subsequent scoring support his handicapping ability. I have no ill will toward you. However, as opposed to Dahoss's sublime demeanor where his capping does the talking, you prefer to have your mouth talk on behalf of your handicapping ability, which seems near zero. Honestly, you're at about minus 40% return, and he's at plus 50% using the same rules. You keep talking about being hemmed by the rules, yet fail to acknowledge that if Dahoss played by your rules, the same result may occur anyway. Skill is skill under any set of rules. Show some contrition and you'd get further along in this thread and on this board.
Tucker you couldnt be more wrong..he had underlays that he would never bet...theres a huge difference as you will see come saturday...cappers change there mind all the time..posting picks on horses i never wagered is insane,,
Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #223
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Tucker you couldnt be more wrong..he had underlays that he would never bet...theres a huge difference as you will see come saturday...cappers change there mind all the time..posting picks on horses i never wagered is insane,,
You really have no shame, huh? Between this garbage and the press conference thread are you kidding me? Now you want to change the rules? A week before this whole thing started, I outlined the rules. Here is a post from me on July 10th (1 week before this started).

I win, you donate $100. You win, I leave for good. That way we each get what we really want.

The contest will last from July 17th and end after the last race from Del Mar on August 22nd. The contest days are every Saturday and Sunday. You get 10 Win/Place bets on any thoroughbred track running either of those days. Bets need to be in by 12:30pm every race day. If your bet scratches, you get post time favorite. Highest total at the end wins.

Here was your response....

I PROMISE YOU AND FORUM MEMBERS WHO DISLIKE YOU...

August 22nd will be your last day on PA....

Then you preceded to talk more shit and mocked my plays. Even said you would spot me 3 horses. Imagine that. And you gave me a nickname, "Chalkie." How ironic.

Now if you had an issue with the time, why didn't you say anything? Honestly, I don't want to have to waste anymore time on this than I already am and having to track down post times is way more than I want to get involved in. That is why 12:30 was selected, because it gives us both enough time to get scratches, changes, track conditions, etc. before posting our selections. I could post my picks the night before, and have a pretty good idea of what bets I will be making. I know I'm not alone there.

The contest is fair, because we both are playing by the same set of rules. We both have the same chance to do well, but it is up to us to do it.

The bottom line is this exercise is similar to tournaments I have been in and rewards the person who is the better handicapper. The sample is large enough (120 races) that having one good day can't really erase 11 bad ones. And it is a profit based contest, so picking 10 favorites everyday isn't going to get the job done.

But, you had a full week to mention you didn't really like the format and didn't. You didn't seem to have an issue until you got down by $150. What a coincidence! The real funny part of all of this, is you challenged me.

No one cares about your ADW's and no one cares about your made up baseball career. This isn't about either one of those things. It's about picking winners and showing a profit.

Last edited by Dahoss9698; 07-27-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #224
thaskalos

I sincerely hope that "only11" is not a Zenyatta fan.

We Zenyatta fans get enough criticism for our handicapping skills around here...
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #225
willphorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
You really have no shame, huh? Between this garbage and the press conference thread are you kidding me? Now you want to change the rules? A week before this whole thing started, I outlined the rules. Here is a post from me on July 10th (1 week before this started).

I win, you donate $100. You win, I leave for good. That way we each get what we really want.

The contest will last from July 17th and end after the last race from Del Mar on August 22nd. The contest days are every Saturday and Sunday. You get 10 Win/Place bets on any thoroughbred track running either of those days. Bets need to be in by 12:30pm every race day. If your bet scratches, you get post time favorite. Highest total at the end wins.

Here was your response....

I PROMISE YOU AND FORUM MEMBERS WHO DISLIKE YOU...

August 22nd will be your last day on PA....

Then you preceded to talk more shit and mocked my plays. Even said you would spot me 3 horses. Imagine that. And you gave me a nickname, "Chalkie." How ironic.

Now if you had an issue with the time, why didn't you say anything? Honestly, I don't want to have to waste anymore time on this than I already am and having to track down post times is way more than I want to get involved in. That is why 12:30 was selected, because it gives us both enough time to get scratches, changes, track conditions, etc. before posting our selections. I could post my picks the night before, and have a pretty good idea of what bets I will be making. I know I'm not alone there.

The contest is fair, because we both are playing by the same set of rules. We both have the same chance to do well, but it is up to us to do it.

The bottom line is this exercise is similar to tournaments I have been in and rewards the person who is the better handicapper. The sample is large enough (120 races) that having one good day can't really erase 11 bad ones. And it is a profit based contest, so picking 10 favorites everyday isn't going to get the job done.

But, you had a full week to mention you didn't really like the format and didn't. You didn't seem to have an issue until you got down by $150. What a coincidence! The real funny part of all of this, is you challenged me.

No one cares about your ADW's and no one cares about your made up baseball career. This isn't about either one of those things. It's about picking winners and showing a profit.

Dahoss.... I think you took the words out of everybody on PaceAdvantage's Mouths! Great Post!
willphorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply