Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 AM   #871
johnhannibalsmith
Registered User
 
johnhannibalsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,402
IF they are going to charge, they may as well go for murder2 given the carnival of nuttiness this has swelled into. Manslaughter? The mob would be out in force with the "hunted him like a dog", "cold blooded killer" rallying cries calling everyone involved a racist and no justice for Trayvon if they didn't aim high and slap the "murder" label on him. Aside from everyone being overcharged for everything, it's a whole lot easier to quell the masses by going this route and then blaming the jury/judge/prosecutor/stenographer/etc. if the masses don't approve of the outcome. "We tried!"

I think they'd rather charge and lose the case (on that charge) than they would rather explain themselves to folks who won't hear it why they can't get a murder conviction and won't seek it.

The gal at the press conference mentioned "Justice for Trayvon, etc." enough times for me to think she wasn't about to be the bad guy under any circumstances. They want a trial for the "murderer", give them one.
__________________
"You make me feel like I am fun again."

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #872
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum
 
chickenhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: at my house
Posts: 7,308
Quote:
Hey, Keep an open mind is my motto.
Quote:
Georgie is a gentle little nerd.
Quote:
If you have an instance of something happening millions of times, like someone following someone, packin' heat, and it resulted in no deaths, what would you look for in this case that was different? Bingo. Retaliation from the followed.
(once again, I have to laugh that you actually said something this stupid. It surpasses Boxcars forgivable Skittles post.)

Quote:
You left out the part about doubling back and knocking someone to the ground from his innocent little walk home.
For the record no one other than you has pretended to know what kind of guy George is at a soul mate level, his voice never sent shivers down anyone elses legs. And it sounds to me like you're pretty dead set in your belief that TM initiated a sneak attack on poor, gentle GZ, without being presented a shred of evidence to support it.

Has the trial started? Have fun at voir dire.

Last edited by chickenhead; 04-12-2012 at 02:27 AM.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 AM   #873
bigmack
Registered User
 
bigmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bird Rock
Posts: 16,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhead
And it sounds to me like you're pretty dead set in your belief that TM initiated a sneak attack on poor, gentle GZ, without being presented a shred of evidence to support it.
Hasn't anyone got word to Chickie a witness 'swears on a stack' TM was atop Georgie and that you can "take to the bank" that's Gerogie screaming like a little child?

MSNBC brought the tape to a voice expert and 'they' found that it was a 48% chance it wasn't GZ. Ain't that some funny shit? They know that detail is a BIG deal in this case.

Again, 'take to the bank' - that's Georgie screamin'.

Thing is about guys like Chickie on a caper like this, they show their hand too early. Look at his take on the actions of GZ.
Quote:
- He didn't behave as any other reasonable person would. I know this because we are all in similar situations every day....look, a person walking! No 9-11. No chase-that-mother****er. For walking. (The HOA had a flyer saying Georgie was the contact for trouble if not Police)

- You're kind of like Zimmerman-lite in this thread (That's Chickies way of saying "he's guilty."

- That's the thing, you and Mack (and apparently only you two) believe chasing someone on foot with a gun for walking down the street is justified, rational, normal, safe behavior. (Chasing someone with a gun)

It isn't normal, it isn't justified -- and you guys seriously sound like morons for pretending that it is. And it is without any doubt whatsoever that thehighly abnormal, highly anti-social behavior exhibited by Zimmerman is what set this incident in motion.

- One guy is walking home from the store. The other guy is tracking his neighbors around with a loaded gun.

- It's not a toss-up as to who the provocateur of the shooting was.

- 10-1 with whatever Zimmerman was catching in the way of a beating, if he wasn't convinced he was dealing with some arch-criminal he wouldn't have shot anyone, anyway. What does this mean?

- People get beat up all the time, every day all day, without serious life threatening consequence.
All of that says Chickie could NEVER be placed on this jury.

His verdict has been rendered.

Thanks for playing Chickie but you're disqualified.

Last edited by bigmack; 04-12-2012 at 02:44 AM.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #874
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum
 
chickenhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: at my house
Posts: 7,308
I'm not the one crowing about what a paragon of virtue and fairness *I* am, my little peacock. That's you. It is kind of your shtick, to talk about how great you are, but it does wear on a person every now and again.

I can state -- unequivocally, even -- that I'm biased and faulty in the all ways that humans can be. I have opinions and I gave them.

Save us the posts about your own perfection, unequivocal in your own mind as it may be.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #875
bigmack
Registered User
 
bigmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bird Rock
Posts: 16,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Aside from everyone being overcharged for everything, it's a whole lot easier to quell the masses by going this route and then blaming the jury/judge/prosecutor/stenographer/etc. if the masses don't approve of the outcome. "We tried!"

I think they'd rather charge and lose the case (on that charge) than they would rather explain themselves to folks who won't hear it why they can't get a murder conviction and won't seek it.

The gal at the press conference mentioned "Justice for Trayvon, etc." enough times for me to think she wasn't about to be the bad guy under any circumstances. They want a trial for the "murderer", give them one.
YoYoMa. I missed this quality post. You nail it.

Last time I got into a brouhaha like this with Chickie, I think i insinuated smokers were maroons, as Bugs would say.

Sorry to you too.



Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhead
Save us the posts about your own perfection, unequivocal in your own mind as it may be.
Oh please, Chick. The ebb & flow of arguments can be vast at times.

Boxnut & I took a stance that was MOST unpopular.

From the known facts of the case, and you're out of the loop on those, CLEARLY, Georgie may skate.

I grieve for Trayvon and his potential future as much as you. I'm not nuts about nerds, as you may have guessed. I'm not a big fan of guns, but then I don't know anything about them. You think I want to defend a goof like Georgie?

You came waltzing in here with some sanctimonious routine about grieving parents and he caused it all with his stalking actions.

In time, we'll see who was right.

* The millions of times was in reference to it happening millions of times on this planet with no one dying.

By the way, anyone thinking that ALL citizen watch groups are unarmed are mistaken.

I try to deal with facts. Some of us are more informed than others.

Last edited by bigmack; 04-12-2012 at 03:11 AM.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 03:39 AM   #876
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum
 
chickenhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: at my house
Posts: 7,308
So you came here, as a martyr, you and Boxcar, to uphold the truth and light, talking about just the facts (like the known attack by TM, George's gentle soul, etc)?

That's how you see yourself? You martyr you. I guess we should all thank you.

Quote:
I try to deal with facts. Some of us are more informed than others.
Whatever, I'm done. Say your last self aggrandizing thing if you got any more you can think up, and we can move on.

Last edited by chickenhead; 04-12-2012 at 03:40 AM.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #877
bigmack
Registered User
 
bigmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bird Rock
Posts: 16,697
Self-aggrandizement ain't my objective but I can roll that way if you'd like.

Here's your 'takeaway question' & then simply buzz-off.

Who would be a more fair juror on this case --

You, or beautiful, 'had it right all along' Mr. Know-It-All, like me?





And now, aggrandizement for me. Mmmmm.

Stay righteous, Chicky. You make us heathens feel guilty.

* While you're pimpin' Zimmy, can you tell us the last time you tutored underprivileged kids on the weekend? You know, as long as you're judging someone by their actions, like you saying he was "anti-social" for being a neighborhood snitch?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #878
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum
 
chickenhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: at my house
Posts: 7,308
Mom was just on TV. Said she thinks the shooting itself was an accident, she's just glad she got a trial, that's all she wanted. To know for sure what happened.

Imagine that. Maybe he's guilty of something, just wanted a trial to know for sure.

What a self-righteous bitch, ay Mack? Too bad you're not in her life, to straighten her dumb ass out. To explain George's voice, and your feelings about it, to her.

Last edited by chickenhead; 04-12-2012 at 11:09 AM.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #879
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
If you, lsbets, Chickie, Bobby Fischer, Ocala Mike, PA, and every other "At the ready to judge" Geek, were on the jury and the facts presented showed TM took Georgie down with one punch, and a flurry of other actions - (Like banging his head against the walk) - Y'all would still find him guilty. "He started it by being a neighborhood watch nerd"
What ever would possess you to post such utter nonsense about me? I've remained consistent that a trial was necessary to determined what happened...nothing more, nothing less...like you,I would have no problem finding him not guilty if the facts support such a finding.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #880
Ocala Mike
Registered User
 
Ocala Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,005
Trayvon Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack

Q: (Why do you feel the need to sign-off with a fictional name, when that fictional name is readily identified to the left?)

Duly noted, and corrective action taken. What I really feel the need to do is post an avatar. Can you tell me how that's done?
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #881
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum
 
chickenhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: at my house
Posts: 7,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
What ever would possess you to post such utter nonsense about me? I've remained consistent that a trial was necessary to determined what happened...nothing more, nothing less...like you,I would have no problem finding him not guilty if the facts support such a finding.
It helps him to feel superior to you, if he pretends that everyone seeing any reason whatsoever for a trial in this case is proclaiming GZ guilty of cold blooded murder. Anyone who questions any of GZs behavior, actually.

We're just mere mortals PA, we don't know what happened in that backyard, so we're forced to question it.

Only two people know exactly what went down, GZ and Bigmack.

Last edited by chickenhead; 04-12-2012 at 11:44 AM.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #882
bigmack
Registered User
 
bigmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bird Rock
Posts: 16,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
What ever would possess you to post such utter nonsense about me? I've remained consistent that a trial was necessary to determined what happened...nothing more, nothing less...like you,I would have no problem finding him not guilty if the facts support such a finding.
Forgive me, I'm painting with too broad of a brush. I trust you would prove a fair minded juror in this case.

No shortage of ill-will amongst my homies in this thread. I'll have to dial down my gift for seeing things with clarity.

What do you reckon Chickie meant by this?

10-1 with whatever Zimmerman was catching in the way of a beating, if he wasn't convinced he was dealing with some arch-criminal he wouldn't have shot anyone, anyway.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #883
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
The prosecution will present the case from the standpoint of the victim fearing for HIS well being, standing HIS ground, and, unfortunately, now dead because he brought fists to a gun fight. Z will cop a plea to manslaughter or, if the law allows, be found guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter if allowed by FL law. Unless Corey has some strong evidence that hasn't come out yet, I think he will walk on the murder charge, IMHO.


Ocala Mike
Let's dissect your post for a moment because it's an interesting one.

What you have said goes right to the heart of my contention all along, if what you say occurred. If Martin felt threatened, why didn't he take a different course of action? Why did he feel it was necessary to "stand his ground"? Pride? The same Pride that goeth before a fall?

And any threat that Martin might have felt to his well being, how imminent in nature could it have been since he chose to not continue to run, to not continue to stay out visual contact with Zimm? Don't forget: According the girlfriend's account and Zimm's call to the police dispatcher, Martin dropped out of sight. Visual contact had been lost. Zimm even expressed concern over this to the dispatcher because he felt uncomfortable giving the cop all the personal info he requested. He seemed to think that Martin could have been within earshot somewhere.

Then you say that Martin just brought his fists to the fight. So, if he initiated this "fight" -- if he launched the physical assault upon Zimm -- if Zimm was the one who "was jumped", as PA said, then how wise of a move was that? How prudent can it be to approach a complete stranger when entertaining the thought of escalating the "initial contact", which was made by Zimm at a distance? How smart is it to close that distance gap and to get close up and personal in the face of a total stranger? That stranger could be anyone in any state of mind. Martin was acting in the total dark -- in complete ignorance. A stranger could be a sick paranoid schizophrenic, a card-carryin' member of the Neo-Nazis, or a member in good standing with the KKK or the Skinheads, or even a manic-depressive off his drugs, or someone who has real problems with anger management, or he could be someone just having a really bad hair day in which nothing has gone right, or he could be just someone legally packing heat, etc., etc. The point should be obvious: If Martin initiated the physical assault upon a complete stranger, this would be analogous to someone who is in the heart of the jungle jumping into a river, in which he has no knowledge of what might be swimming and lurking beneath its depths. Deadly snakes? Crocs? Piranha? Tell me: What makes the Concrete Jungle so much different from its more primitive ancestor? Or for that matter, the former from being even more dangerous than than the wildlife kind?

Therefore, whether Martin brought only his fists or a gun to the fight is really a moot point. It begs a much bigger and fundamental question. If Martin "jumped" Zimm, then he might have well been the stupid guy in the jungle who decides to jump into unknown waters that could be teeming with dangerous life, when he could have chosen to take a different route. It's beyond my understanding how many people here cannot or will not understand this. Even Elysian seemed to think that it would have been six of one and half a dozen of another to advise Martin on the phone to run or to approach a complete stranger to ask him questions. In his mind either choice would have been as equally good. Unreal!

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru

Last edited by boxcar; 04-12-2012 at 02:34 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #884
Ocala Mike
Registered User
 
Ocala Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,005
Trayvon Martin

Testing my new avatar. After years on this site, finally figured out how to put one up; you could say I'm computer-challenged.

Anyway, it looks like everyone's going out of their way to "play nice," judging by that courtroom scene. Hope Z pleas down, and this thing just goes away soon.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #885
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 45,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
What do you reckon Chickie meant by this?

10-1 with whatever Zimmerman was catching in the way of a beating, if he wasn't convinced he was dealing with some arch-criminal he wouldn't have shot anyone, anyway.
Chickie is another psychic in this thread.

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.