Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #151
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedevar View Post
It is not hate. It is an attempt to salvage what integrity the sport has left!


What's pitiful is the way some people excuse his record at the expense of the Industry and the expense of the Horses he trains.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:24 PM   #152
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
We all know he's been using undetectable performance enhancers. To believe imbeciles like Servis and Navarro used similar stuff and got away with it for years and not believe that more intelligent outfits with more resources are not using more sophisticated performance enhancers is fantasy IMO. And I'd put Cox in second place behind Baffert in that category.
Why Cox? Based on what? Then wouldn't you ban Sadler, Mott, Asmussen, Rudy Rodriquez, Doug O'Neill ? I think you have a personal bias toward some trainers and forgive the others or just let it pass. They all do it. Some are better than others at masking it.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:25 PM   #153
Hedevar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago area.
Posts: 610
To be frank I still watch the races, but I only occasionally wager on horses that I have seen had bad trips.
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #154
Hedevar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago area.
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Why Cox? Based on what? Then wouldn't you ban Sadler, Mott, Asmussen, Rudy Rodriquez, Doug O'Neill ? I think you have a personal bias toward some trainers and forgive the others or just let it pass. They all do it. Some are better than others at masking it.
Thats ridiculous!
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #155
AndyC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Yes it's the same crime. Actually White collar criminals who steal millions usually get less prison time then your average bank robber. You just hate the guy so you have biased point of view. I'd rather get rid of the guy first who dopes his horses so they can run every three weeks with little to zero concern for the welfare of the horse.

So by your logic a person smuggling in 1 gram of fentanyl should be treated no differently than a person smuggling in 100 pounds of fentanyl.
__________________
So many people these days are too judgemental. I can tell just by looking at them.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #156
Hedevar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago area.
Posts: 610
Personal bias has nothing to do with it.
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #157
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Let's say you find out a babysitter you have used before has been credibly accused of child abuse by several other parents. But you haven't seen any evidence that the babysitter has abused yours. Do you continue to employ that babysitter?
Straw man narrative. Doping horses has nothing to do with abusing children. This is quite different. Nyra has trainers in their own circuit that dope horses on a regular basis but won't ban them. Can you explain why? Because it wouls affect their bottom line. If Pletcher, Brown or Mott were caught doing the same thing I doubt Nyra would do anything. Those trainers provide Nyra with a lot of horses. Baffert does not.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #158
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Why Cox? Based on what? Then wouldn't you ban Sadler, Mott, Asmussen, Rudy Rodriquez, Doug O'Neill ? I think you have a personal bias toward some trainers and forgive the others or just let it pass. They all do it. Some are better than others at masking it.
What don't you understand about me being against the drugging of horses with the intent to cheat?

At the top of the list of "other worldly" performances is Baffert with Cox second. A marvel comic book is where their accomplishments belong IMO
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #159
Hedevar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago area.
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Straw man narrative. Doping horses has nothing to do with abusing children. This is quite different. Nyra has trainers in their own circuit that dope horses on a regular basis but won't ban them. Can you explain why? Because it wouls affect their bottom line. If Pletcher, Brown or Mott were caught doing the same thing I doubt Nyra would do anything. Those trainers provide Nyra with a lot of horses. Baffert does not.
Geography has nothing to do with it.
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:33 PM   #160
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
No, you actually don't have to have a "valid reason" to refuse service to someone (and of course, even if you did, a person's dishonest or criminal activity or impropriety would be such a valid reason). And no, it's not discriminatory to refuse to do business with someone because of prior wrongdoing.
Wrong again . The courts have shown over and over again you can't discriminate against someone based on race, sexual orientation or religion or criminal history. OJ was also acquitted.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:36 PM   #161
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedevar View Post
Geography has nothing to do with it.
Actually it does. Why is California so quiet on the issue?
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:36 PM   #162
Hedevar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago area.
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Straw man narrative. Doping horses has nothing to do with abusing children. This is quite different. Nyra has trainers in their own circuit that dope horses on a regular basis but won't ban them. Can you explain why? Because it wouls affect their bottom line. If Pletcher, Brown or Mott were caught doing the same thing I doubt Nyra would do anything. Those trainers provide Nyra with a lot of horses. Baffert does not.
Go to law school! Just because someone else does it doesn't mean that you can also violate laws.

Last edited by Hedevar; 09-13-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:40 PM   #163
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
What don't you understand about me being against the drugging of horses with the intent to cheat?

At the top of the list of "other worldly" performances is Baffert with Cox second. A marvel comic book is where their accomplishments belong IMO
Why Cox? Which of his horses. The good ones anyway have ever tested positive? Or is that just something you believe?
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:41 PM   #164
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 18,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedevar View Post
It is not hate. It is an attempt to salvage what integrity the sport has left!
Honestly, I think the positive itself would not have damaged the integrity of the sport nearly as much if it was explained to the general public in terms they could understand that it was a legal therapeutic drug, a very small overage, and not performance enhancing, but he would get due process and be punished appropriately.

Then when I talk to non racing people about the case they wouldn't all think he was juicing horses with all kinds of illegal steroids, EPO, and designer drugs that human athletes sometimes get busted for. He may be, but that's not what this case is about and we have no wire taps or syringes etc to prove that.

But in the haste to convict him because a lot of people want him out of the sport and think he does way worse than just use therapeutics recklessly, the narrative became WAY worse than the reality. The media being more interested in controversy and a story than the facts didn't help much either. Then Baffert became his own worst enemy and enemy of the industry by going on TV, not taking responsibility, and fighting the appropriate suspensions.

The idea should have been to minimize the story and maximize the punishment. Instead it became maximize the story and fight the punishment. Of course it's all Baffert's fault to start, but it has been a debacle.
__________________
"Unlearning is the highest form of learning"

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-13-2021 at 12:43 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:41 PM   #165
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedevar View Post
Thats ridiculous!
Why? Please explain.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.