Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-28-2021, 02:12 PM   #46
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,474
And BTW, if enough people agree with Andy and Vic, there won't be a tourney, because nobody will show up.

Problem solved...again

See how simple this all can be?
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:13 PM   #47
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And BTW, if enough people agree with Andy and Vic, there won't be a tourney, because nobody will show up.

Problem solved...again

See how simple this all can be?
There are more than 700 entries. Not everyone has a problem wearing masks for long periods of time. We do
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,474
Then they have an unexpected edge, don't they? All part of the game.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:16 PM   #49
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Then they have an unexpected edge, don't they? All part of the game.
jeopardizing anyone's health for a contest isn't part of any game.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:18 PM   #50
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,474
the melodrama is tremendous

JUST DON'T GO IF YOU ARE CONCERNED

Others who are able to get by with mask and are vaccinated and are going about their business as they've been doing DAILY will go and participate.

This can't get any simpler
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:19 PM   #51
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
the melodrama is tremendous
Are you denying that anyone has any REAL health concerns? Going to a ballroom with over 700 people in a designated hot spot is of no concern? C'mon
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:20 PM   #52
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Are you denying that anyone has any REAL health concerns? Going to a ballroom with over 700 people in a designated hot spot is of no concern? C'mon
DON'T GO

That's your right.

Those who disagree will go.

It's so simple.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:21 PM   #53
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
the melodrama is tremendous

JUST DON'T GO IF YOU ARE CONCERNED

Others who are able to get by with mask and are vaccinated and are going about their business as they've been doing DAILY will go and participate.

This can't get any simpler
Many players including me have more than 10K, 20K, and future tournament value at stake. Not simple and we have every right to do what we're doing
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:22 PM   #54
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
DON'T GO

That's your right.

Those who disagree will go.

It's so simple.
Yes, that's kinda the question in the thread title.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:40 PM   #55
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 49,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Um, it's a safety issue?

When they brought back poker in LA County, you had to wear one too. And lots of people can't do things they want to do. When I was younger I loved crowded dance floors. I feel terrible for kids that all the dance clubs are closed. But that's what happens when a killer virus is on the loose.

Winning a handicapping contest isn't as important as staying safe. Mask up and handicap.
Dance clubs closed? Do "dance clubs" still exist?
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:49 PM   #56
v j stauffer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And BTW, if enough people agree with Andy and Vic, there won't be a tourney, because nobody will show up.

Problem solved...again

See how simple this all can be?
I have no problem wearing a mask for as long as is necessary.

Frankly my concern is all encompassing.

The travel, rental car shuttles, rental car lines and counters.

Unvaccinated, unmasked people in the Gen Pop.

Then of course the close confines of the Tournament room itself.

I understand and agree the percentages are in our favor. Most vaccinated people are not getting sick or dying.

But let's talk about those numbers.

200 million people. 95% will be fine. That leaves 8 million who will get sick in some form.

That's a 20-1 shot and they hit each and every day. I'm 62 and therefore at a bigger risk with regard to severity if I get sick.

For me it's not worth the gamble.

What if it were you? Would you go forward without any concern?

We play the percentages every day. Fly or not? Where we choose to live. What we decide to eat. All calculated risks.

For me this calculation doesn't seem worth it. But even if it's over cautious you seem overly cavalier in your arguments. Without compassion or understanding.

We should just take it or leave it. Shut up about it and move forward.

To me it's not that simple.

And I'm damn sure nobody should criticize our right to express our feelings.

Why do you play it like we're wrong just because our feeling are different than yours?
__________________
"Just because she's a hitter and a thief doesn't mean she's not a good woman in all the other places" Mayrose Prizzi
v j stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:53 PM   #57
Jeff P
Registered User
 
Jeff P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Posts: 4,610
How hard would it be for the NHC to partner with an ADW or tournament site who, in turn, would set up the equivalent of staging accounts for the 700 plus contest players?

I'm thinking if that were to happen players would have a choice:

• Attend the contest live.

• Or submit contest plays remotely.


-jp

.
__________________
Team JCapper: 2011 PAIHL Regular Season ROI Leader after 15 weeks
www.JCapper.com
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:54 PM   #58
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
How hard would it be for the NHC to partner with an ADW or tournament site who, in turn, would set up the equivalent of staging accounts for the 700 plus contest players?

I'm thinking if that were to happen players would have a choice:

Attend the contest live.

Or submit contest plays remotely.


-jp

.
You're right. Think there's some law about Vegas based contests. Rolling our entries over to next year seems like a reasonable option.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 02:59 PM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I have no problem wearing a mask for as long as is necessary.

Frankly my concern is all encompassing.

The travel, rental car shuttles, rental car lines and counters.

Unvaccinated, unmasked people in the Gen Pop.

Then of course the close confines of the Tournament room itself.

I understand and agree the percentages are in our favor. Most vaccinated people are not getting sick or dying.

But let's talk about those numbers.

200 million people. 95% will be fine. That leaves 8 million who will get sick in some form.

That's a 20-1 shot and they hit each and every day. I'm 62 and therefore at a bigger risk with regard to severity if I get sick.

For me it's not worth the gamble.

What if it were you? Would you go forward without any concern?

We play the percentages every day. Fly or not? Where we choose to live. What we decide to eat. All calculated risks.

For me this calculation doesn't seem worth it. But even if it's over cautious you seem overly cavalier in your arguments. Without compassion or understanding.

We should just take it or leave it. Shut up about it and move forward.

To me it's not that simple.

And I'm damn sure nobody should criticize our right to express our feelings.

Why do you play it like we're wrong just because our feeling are different than yours?
Compassion for what exactly?

This specific situation...you can keep yourself completely safe by not going.

As can everyone else who shares your concerns.

I spent a week in a casino not too long ago...maskless (I am 100% vaccinated)...and not only that, people were smoking all around me.

If I had concerns, I wouldn't have gone.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 03:02 PM   #60
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
We should just take it or leave it. Shut up about it and move forward.

To me it's not that simple.

And I'm damn sure nobody should criticize our right to express our feelings.

Why do you play it like we're wrong just because our feeling are different than yours?
First off, stop reading Andy's comments about me and READ WHAT I ACTUALLY WROTE.

I never wrote you should SHUT UP ABOUT IT.

And I never CRITICIZED HIM until he CAME AT ME FULL THROTTLE

Maybe it's you guys who should calm the **** down and read what people actually write before you jump down their throats.

Here's the INSANE THING I WROTE that started it all:

Quote:
Then you don't go.

If you can't wear a mask, and they require a mask, you're shit out of luck.

That's the way it is. Sorry.
Never said a WORD about SHUTTING UP or you can't express your feelings.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.