Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #31
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
It's been reported that enhanced video has shown that his window was rolled up, so he couldn't have been reaching in. Also, when the officer first arrived at the scene, the door to the SUV was open. The officer cleared the driver's side of the SUV and closed the door before locating Crutcher.
I can't see that from the video.

My comments are only on what I saw from the video. I already stated that the cops should not have put themselves into a position of weakness, they did not take control of the situation, even though they had plenty of time to do so.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 05:49 PM   #32
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

The same thought keeps going through my mind each time I see these police shootings......How bad was it BEFORE video technology?....The brutality must have been staggering.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #33
MONEY

Why aren't videos like these posted on PaceAdvantage?

[YT="Officer Poole"]CvszPljU3ds[/YT]
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 06:23 PM   #34
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
The same thought keeps going through my mind each time I see these police shootings......How bad was it BEFORE video technology?....The brutality must have been staggering.

And you would be wrong. I was a cop before video became common. It wasn't bad. The rules were the same. There was a certain amount of accepted "personal" hand to hand violence between officers and suspects. That doesn't exist today due to video. But suspects were nowhere near as violent as now. Which means 99% of suspects didn't dare put hands on an officer. But the rules of deadly force are the same. They haven't changed.

This video from Tulsa, I don't know what to say...........money makes good points. These officers are not handling this to their advantage.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 07:48 PM   #35
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
So...what do we do in order to prevent this regrettable situation? Do we just ignore this type of police behavior...lest our condemnation of it contribute to the degeneration of our police force? Was it the hostile "current environment" which resulted in this apparently "wrong shooting"?

If this lady officer was allowed to walk around with a gun...then I have a hard time envisioning a more incompetent police force. Did you see her panic and run away from the scene...after she shot the man? How does a police officer get worse than that?
What we want to do is point out that these types of terrible tragedies occur white on black, black on white, black on black, white on white, and every color in between. Then we figure out why (recruiting, training, emotional burnout, racism etc..) and try to fix it. We can't have officers like this on the force.

What we do not do is primarily focus on white on black cases and increase racial tensions, hurt the police force, and generate anger that could result in more innocent lives being lost or economic losses from rioting.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #36
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
And you would be wrong. I was a cop before video became common. It wasn't bad. The rules were the same. There was a certain amount of accepted "personal" hand to hand violence between officers and suspects. That doesn't exist today due to video. But suspects were nowhere near as violent as now. Which means 99% of suspects didn't dare put hands on an officer. But the rules of deadly force are the same. They haven't changed.

This video from Tulsa, I don't know what to say...........money makes good points. These officers are not handling this to their advantage.
I'm not wrong.....You just happened to be one of the good guys, in a stand-up department(NC?). BTW, thank you for your service.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #37
chadk66

Quote:
It's been reported that enhanced video has shown that his window was rolled up, so he couldn't have been reaching in. Also, when the officer first arrived at the scene, the door to the SUV was open. The officer cleared the driver's side of the SUV and closed the door before locating Crutcher.
he appeared to have been reaching for his right pocket when he was up against the car.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #38
chadk66

Quote:

My gut feeling on why it wasn't being handled to their advantage is you had a gal cop (nothing against them, just the reality) against a very large man. Tazing people that are drugged often times doesn't result in removing the threat. Sometimes it makes it worse. She maybe didn't want to do that alone. There is just a whole lot of missing information to make a judgement on this whole ordeal.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #39
chadk66

I don't know if this has been mentioned but my brother's buddy in Tulsa said his vehicle broke down in the middle of the road. Not that it makes a difference.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:25 PM   #40
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
I'm not wrong.....You just happened to be one of the good guys, in a stand-up department(NC?). BTW, thank you for your service.
Five departments in 3 different states

I've been around........
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 09:40 PM   #41
Clocker

Quote:
But suspects were nowhere near as violent as now.
An issue never addressed in the "mainstream media". It's always about the cops.

How many young blacks are going to have a bad attitude in dealing with authority as a result of people like Colin Kaepernick stirring the pot? Kaepernick doesn't have to suffer the consequences of his actions. Yet. The kid in the street "inspired" by him does.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:43 PM   #42
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker

How many young blacks are going to have a bad attitude in dealing with authority as a result of people like Colin Kaepernick stirring the pot? Kaepernick doesn't have to suffer the consequences of his actions. Yet. The kid in the street "inspired" by him does.
Like Colin holds a candle to Malcolm X....
Old 09-20-2016, 09:47 PM   #43
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Like Colin holds a candle to Malcolm X....
He holds a flame thrower to him when you fold in the President is always condemning cops and they justice department is always talking the side of the criminals.

Best case, Colin gets mouthy off the field on some dark street at night.....

Bang Bang!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #44
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
How would you like the media to quantify that assertion? Find me some numbers.

Violent crimes are WAY down in the past 25 years. So are cops being killed on the job. But people are more violent with cops now? When every cop's training is "GET ON THE GROUND!!" to every shoplifter and jaywalker?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #45
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
How would you like the media to quantify that assertion? Find me some numbers.

Violent crimes are WAY down in the past 25 years. So are cops being killed on the job. But people are more violent with cops now? When every cop's training is "GET ON THE GROUND!!" to every shoplifter and jaywalker?
Forget the last 25 years.
Look at the last couple of Obama years.

Look at the animal in Ferguson - a POS thug attacking a cop after a robbery and the country mourns his death??

The cop is a hero.