Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #151
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Robert, I appreciate your thinking and your effort but you can't have absolutes. Each episode must be graded on its own merits.

Example: Officer yells "get on the ground". Five seconds later the suspect gets tazed. You cuff him up and stick him in the car and find out he's a little drunk and he's deaf. Guess how much the guy gets paid in the civil suit?

Even better, he nospeaky english? Btw, this 2nd guy has a seizure after being tazed.

Holding officers accountable for broken equipment is a joke. Never happen. Things break constantly in law enforcement. Especially electronics. Remember, often they are used 24 hours a day. It's hard to keep the cars running, let alone electronics.

Who pays for the production of that teachable moment video? Btw, you could never do that. Lawyers would tear it apart.

Your 4th scenario is a little jumbled the way you wrote it.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #152
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Even better, he nospeaky english?
Brother..........

Far be it from me to ever suggest that police personnel
in this country could use better training in ethnic sensitivity.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #153
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Anyone have a link to the bodycam footage?
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/us...ith-scott.html

At one minute into the video the police shoot Scott.

Scott was walking backwards, but he was not backing up.

The cops were behind cover and did not shoot until Scott moved into a position that put the cops into the open.

I can't see if Scott had a gun, but you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the cops because two cops yelling drop the gun.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #154
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/us...ith-scott.html

At one minute into the video the police shoot Scott.

Scott was walking backwards, but he was not backing up.

The cops were behind cover and did not shoot until Scott moved into a position that put the cops into the open.

I can't see if Scott had a gun, but you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the cops because two cops yelling drop the gun.
Thank you for posting that.

I can't tell anything from that video.

I skimmed the article, and it seems that there is more footage, that hasn't been released. If there are more, would be nice to eventually see footage. You'd think they would want to release footage that shows a gun in his left hand.

Yes, I give the police the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Robert, I appreciate your thinking and your effort but...
I'm just a guy on a message board, typing a 5 minute response. If I or any other competent person was doing this for a living, the stuff would be more refined.
The Freddie Gray case was a good example of improvements being made. The city figured out how to handle riots better for next time. They made changes regarding bodycams, and cams inside the paddy wagons, and seatbelts and on-call medics. There was no proof to exonerate the officers(, or to find them guilty), but at least they said "hey, there are some improvements we can make".
That's all I can ask. Don't say "we are God" everything is perfect and there are never any mistakes, and never any bad apples. Whether it's an understanding of the big picture, or trial and error, just make it as fair as possible.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #155
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Brother..........

I figured that would draw you out......
Old 09-25-2016, 10:54 AM   #156
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Far be it from me to ever suggest that ethnic people in this country could use better upbringing in acting civilized and respectful of others.

Close, horsey.
But no cigar.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:15 PM   #157
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Robert, find me a case where the officer was at fault and wasn't charged. You act like there are hundreds out there. And your point about minorities and poor being the victims more often is completely wrong. Police shoot more white people than minorities. It's a fact.

There is no problem of accountability with police forces. That's a media bullshit narrative that you are buying into. The stats just don't show it.

You want society to learn from this? Here's what we learn. There is a segment of our society that wants to be unaccountable. They want to live without the encumbrance of following the law. They want to be allowed to kill each other at will. They want to be "left alone" and they want complete and total exoneration for their own destruction of their culture and society. They feel entitled and under the guise of racism they plead their case.

These are the true lessons of these last few years. Continuing to tolerate this bullshit will only undermine the country more and more. While the BLM leaders cash their big checks and continue their campaign of bullshit, their followers play the part of pawns.
Well, well, well.......
http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-...ck-communities
Old 09-25-2016, 05:26 PM   #158
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Ralph...I hope you know that I have great respect for your opinion in all the different topics that we discuss here...and I'd like you to supply a straight answer to my following question:

This being originally a thread about the Tulsa shooting...and, having watched the video of that shooting...what sort of response from our "society" would you expect after such an occurrence? Is it understandable that this innocent man had to DIE...simply because "there is a segment of our society that wants to be unaccountable"? Do you know that the lady cop who killed this man testified that she felt the shooting was JUSTIFIABLE...because the victim supposedly "ignored the officer's commands, and reached into his vehicle"...a testimony which was proven to be a blatant LIE?

How is "society" supposed to react when a police officer who is paid to "protect and serve" shows such blatant disregard for human life...and then blatantly LIES about her actions?

Should "society" take comfort in the fact that criminal charges were levied against this "law officer"...or is society justified in being alarmed with the inexcusable actions of some of these police officers out there?

What does this execution of a totally unarmed innocent man have to do with these criminals that you reference in your above post?
Somehow I missed this........sorry.

The only answer I can give in this Tulsa situation is this. There are shitty police departments everywhere in this country. Mostly due to a lack of training.

This lady obviously was deficient in some manner. Possibly many. Her husband is a cop. In fact he was in the helicopter that took the footage. Nepotism runs rampant in small departments. These problems often become most visible in the highest of stress situations. There are very few women qualified to do the job in my opine. Yet there are thousands taking to the streets tonight. Call me names, make fun of me, call me what you will. I call it experienced.

The numbers don't show a real problem. As long as cops are all treated the same as civilians, and they are, the system is working.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:03 PM   #159
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Far be it from me to ever suggest that ethnic people in this country could use better upbringing in acting civilized and respectful of others.
What makes you worthy of respect?
You're US royalty, or something?
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #160
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Respectful of others, nitwit.
Classless and clueless.

Learn how to read.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:17 PM   #161
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
Exactly how I saw it...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #162
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Exclusive Video Moments Leading Up to Charlotte Shooting of Keith Scott ...

https://youtu.be/KozuReZ2ikI

Why was this video not released by the family? At 1:47 you can see the gun
Also at 1:47, it looks like one of the cops tosses something on the ground. In fact, it looks like the cop picks up the "gun" and tosses it back on the ground...did you see this? It's pretty obvious...what was that?
Old 09-26-2016, 06:24 PM   #163
Robert Fischer
clean money

apparently latex gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Also at 1:47, it looks like one of the cops tosses something on the ground. In fact, it looks like the cop picks up the "gun" and tosses it back on the ground...did you see this? It's pretty obvious...what was that?
I saw a video in slow motion somewhere on youtube, where what you are describing appears to be latex gloves, and which shows what appears to be the gun on the ground in the wife's cell phone video and shows an officer straddling the gun in the bodycam video.

Last edited by cj; 05-19-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #164
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
I saw a video in slow motion somewhere on youtube, where what you are describing appears to be latex gloves, and which shows what appears to be the gun on the ground in the wife's cell phone video and shows an officer straddling the gun in the bodycam video.
Gloves I can buy...however, it looks like the "gun" on the ground disappears until the "gloves" are thrown...maybe I was seeing things...
Old 09-26-2016, 07:10 PM   #165
Robert Fischer
clean money

the latex glove does look like a gun, and has been the subject of videos claiming that the gun was a 'plant'.

The pictures above are of the actual gun on the ground(not the gloves).

in the 'bodycam video' all you can really see is the officer in the red shirt straddle the actual gun and look down at it.

It's unfortunate that a bodycam didn't capture footage of the gun in Scott's hand.